[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What band with, you know, 'that' stigma, that you would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: cover.jpg (109 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
109 KB, 500x500
What band with, you know, 'that' stigma, that you would defend?
>>
System of a Down, Tool and Deftones.
>>
I have no idea what stigma you're talking about.
>>
Twenty One Pilots, assuming I know what stigma you mean.
>>
Lacuna Coil. They're great up through Karmacode and I'm still holding out hope that someday they'll make something resembling a proper follow-up to the likes of Unleashed Memories and Comalies. The recent teaser they put out at least sounds heavier than they have been for at least the past decade so we'll see I guess.
>>
>>63311787
>>63311810
>>63312281
These.
Paramore were always a good pop-punk band, and their last album is legit great.
SOAD were always a pretty unique alternative metal band with interesting melodies and Serj's mad vocals.
Tool only get shit because of the stereotype associated with their fanbase.
Deftones are one of the most consistently great bands ever and STILL get lumped in the nu-metal realm, despite being more of a shoegaze/alternative metal hybrid than anything else.
Idk much about LAcuna Coil but Comalies and that one EP they made were great. Should I check out anything else by them?
>>
Sneaker Pimps, Moby, Madonna
>>
>>63312556

Lacuna Coil's first 3 albums and 2 EP's are the rock solid stuff. Karmacode has some good songs but it's kind of the beginning of the end as it's where they really start incorporating nu-metal and hard rock elements into their sound. They've been wildly hit or miss ever since. Dark Adrenaline has some decent pop metal tunes, avoid Shallow Life like the plague, Broken Crown Halo is basically gothic buttrock.
>>
>>63312754
>gothic buttrock
kek
Might check out the stuff you mentioned then. I too thought they were generic buttrock for the pseudo gothic crowd but was pleasantly surprised to find some really catchy gothic metal.
>>
Panic At The Disco, but only for Pretty. Odd.
>>
File: ckylogocanvaspatch.jpg (13 KB, 367x259) Image search: [Google]
ckylogocanvaspatch.jpg
13 KB, 367x259
>>
>>63312556
Yeah, System of a Down and Deftones were the only mainstream bands from that time that were doing a conscious effort to just go in the complete opposite direction all those other Nu Metal bands were going, with all that shitty rap rock stuff, and do their own thing. Always appreciated that.
But since they all kinda came up around the same era, they undeservedly got lumped together with the rest of that movement. Shame.
>>
My Chemical Romance (first 2 albums)
>>
>>63313210

It helps that they tapped into the Armenian side of their inspiration. No other sound like it at the time, and still stand out today as unique.
>>
File: rareyellowhayley.jpg (237 KB, 768x1166) Image search: [Google]
rareyellowhayley.jpg
237 KB, 768x1166
>>63311787
Who else /hyped/ for next Paramore release? Experimental pop masterpiece when?
>>
>>63314072

I didn't care for what I heard of the last one. Riot! and Brand New Eyes are their only albums that I liked.
>>
File: pastrip.jpg (133 KB, 429x488) Image search: [Google]
pastrip.jpg
133 KB, 429x488
>>63314072
If at least half of the album is like Future i'll be happy as fuck
>>
>>63314259

Recommend anything similar to Future?
>>
>>63313980
Agreed.
>>
>>63313980
>>63313210
>>63312556
these posts just sent me on a binge re-listening to all the 2000s era SOAD singles from when i was in middle school
>>
>>63311787
>>63312070
>>63312556
>>63313013
>>63313272
ITT: underages
>>
>>63314792
Or that some of us were in our early teens at the time. I'm almost 26 and I remember seeing and listening to those bands fondly.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.