[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm opening a record store and need to carry rap and hip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (63 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 250x188
I'm opening a record store and need to carry rap and hip hop. Unfortunately I know nearly nothing about those genres and need to know what to carry. You guys have any recommendations?
>>
>>63311400
all the kids these days love the def graps
>>
deth grapes
>>
You should open up a store for aspiring MCs, wont sellem no dreams but the inspiration is F R E E.
>>
>>63311400
Kendrick
Death grips
MF DOOM
>>
>>63311413
No one actually likes them, it's ironically or for the meme. As for OP, just get names people recognize. Things that will sell and also things that are slightly beyond surface level to the genres, that way you'll attract multiple levels of listeners and seekers. Check out RYM for the best albums in certain decades and check review websites for top rated albums in recent years (even our current year). If sincere, good luck, if not... Meh
>>
>>63311491
>No one actually likes them, it's ironically or for the meme.
you don't really think this, do you?
>>
>>63311457
Are you hinting at yourself?
But yeah it'd be pretty cool to carry stuff for aspiring musicians.
>>
>>63311400
OVERTIME??????
>>
>>63311400
Just stock the most popular stuff on the charts along with some moderately '''''''underground'''''' stuff, and the big classics. The stuff people actually bother going to music stores for
>>
>>63311482
This and if you look and any rap album that Fantano or pitchfork rates highly you might not seem all that hip with the true rap fans but you'll get some good sales desu.
>>
>>63311400

is this like the lemonade stand version of a record store? seems like you should have your shit together if you are opening a business instead of asking advice from 4chan.
>>
>>63311607
I have tons and tons of records already. I just need rap and hip hop
>>
every Anticon release

trust me on this one, you will have hipsters CRAWLING all over your shit
>>
File: wew.jpg (34 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
34 KB, 550x550
>>63311400
>I'm opening a record store
>>
>>63311491
>All that projection
people can like things you don't like friendo
>>
demonspawnblackcauldron could be great if only they'd ever release some vinyl
>>
>>63311400
you gotta carry like 90s hip hop like biggie, jay-z, nas, etc recent hip hop like kanye, kendrick, drake something the youngins recognize
>>
Are you talking modern shit or old school? Also is it just vinyl records or CDs and tapes too?
>>
Do some research on the history of the genre. Pull out some old/new/sellable things, then, talk to your clientele. They'll tell you without asking. Fill in some special orders while you're at it, but order multiples and throw the rest on the shelf. They'll probably sell as well. Good luck, op
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.