[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Had Deafheaven not talked shit about them, instead of panning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
Had Deafheaven not talked shit about them, instead of panning them, p4k would've given them a near perfect score for this album. Tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>63297798
Nice album cover
>>
you're wrong
>>
they didn't
ghost bath reached out to deafheaven first
kerry only explicitly talked about them much later
>>
Pitchfork reviews are paid. You get a good score if you pay for it, it's that simple.

Deafheaven was backed by Sony Music.
>>
>>63297813
>Pitchfork reviews are paid.
That's why neither Taylor Swift nor Twenty One Pilots get reviews from them, right?
>>
>>63297811
You're missing the point. Pitchfork probably would've loved it, but since they suck Deafheaven's collective cock, they never gave it a listen.
>>
>>63297811
Not true at all. Ghost Bath claimed this to Vice. There's absolutely no proof from Deafheaven and deaf heaven hates the,
>>
No. The album came out months before Deafheaven said anything and pitchfork never even mentioned it.

It's so blatantly a rip off that most serious music sites wouldn't touch it.
>>
>>63297848
Good point actually.
>>
>>63297840
what'd kerry say about em? looks like pitchfork pulled their feature
>>
>>63297868
Something along the lines of "they stole all their shit from us."
>>
>>63297875
They did. The fucking song titles are the same even
>>
>>63297868

" The California quintet are none too pleased with a new band called Ghost Bath that named their recent album Moonlover and its lead single “Happyhouse”—a title suspiciously similar to Deafheaven’s own “Dreamhouse”. “They stole everything about their whole shit from us,” says guitarist Kerry McCoy, grousing about the downside of disruption in a copy-and-paste culture."
>>
Is it a rip-off? Yeah, pretty much.
Did they do it better than Deafheaven? Imo, both are amazing, but I prefer Moonlover.
>>
>>63297933

Did they do it better? No. It's literally just terrible rip offs of deaf heaven guitar parts and some Chinese dude yelping like an idiot over it.

Consider Defaheven having a massive follow up album New Bermuda. Ghost Bath isn't shit.
>>
>>63297983
>Chinese dude
haha
>>
chinese people always rip off other ideas its hilarious
>>
>>63298327
im pretty sure they were guys from the us pretending to be chinese to add mystique to their image
>>
>>63298413
thats the stupidest shit ive ever heard. i bet youre one of those weirdo conspiracy theorists
>>
>>63298519
yeah they're from north dakota for real
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/black-metal-hoaxes
>>
>>63298548
do you know what immigration is?
>>
>>63297983
They were only pretending to be Chinese, lol
>>
>>63298566
they're not immigrants
>>
Deafheaven talked shit? what? pretty sure i saw George tweeted something about Moonlover, not sure what the exact tweet was, but he praised it
>>
>>63298548
The owner of Pest Productions is Chinese though, how did they get past him without speaking Chinese?
>>
>>63298573
who the fuck pretends to be chinese? its not even that big of a deal
>>
>>63298707
just cause they're from the us doesn't mean they can't speak chinese
i think pest productions dropped them anyway and they're signed to nuclear blast now
>>
Does it really matter what p4k or SunBatHer think about ghost bath when gb are objectively mediocre
>>
Just listened to this album, it's one of the most boring post-black metal albums I've heard. Also I'm going to see Deafheaven tonight at Heaven.
>>
>>63299531
They're awesome live have fun
>>
I liked Funeral and Moonlover alright, but every album Deafheaven has done is in another echelon
>>
>>63297829
By it did review Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsin for the first time last year.
>>
>>63299531
Hope you like lame crowds who are too scared to mosh.
>>
>>63299844
there was moshing in sf i don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>63299531
Saw them live like a week ago, they're pretty fucking amazing live when they play at a good sounding music venue.
>>
>>63299873
Huh, weird, when they came to my collegetown, there was barely any moshing.

Which sucks, because I've seen bigger moshpits in my city for emo and ska bands.
>>
>>63299956
Been to Heaven before (to see Godflesh and Loop) and the sound was pretty dank. Really looking forward to it.
>>
>deafheaven being considered as an authority on anything whatsoever
>>
>>63297798
What did they say? Either way it's a pretty embarrassing Sunbather copycat, right down to the name and song titles.
>>
>>63299531
I'm going too. Found it kinda ironic that they're playing at what is usually a gay club, but I'm looking forward to it.
>>
WHO CARES THEY BOTH FUCKING SUCK DICK
>>
>>63300253
I think they can be considered an authority on their own music
>>
>>63300524
You can't trademark a sound.
>>
>>63300600
>>63300524
Deafheaven themselves were a ripoff of the first wave of blackgaze artist. They took the DIY aesthetic of the genre and made it commercialized bullshit.
>>
>>63299531
No Dream House until the encore
>>
>>63300679
>people actually believe this

the similarities between deafheaven and bands like alcest are massively overstated
>>
>>63300679
They don't sound like any of the first wave blackgaze artists. Alcest etc. are/were much less metal.
>>
>>63300930
>>63300714

uh no...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOSBM0b_Rgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDqXwAoHk0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppmVvQk-eik

They don't sound too much alike, because Deafheaven were a mainstream/commercial appropriation of the genre. The bands I posted have a raw as fuck DIY sound that pays tribute to the origins of Black Metal.
>>
>>63301000
That's because Deafheaven isn't supposed to be a black metal band or a commercialized black metal band
>>
>>63301000
They don't sound too much alike because your claim that Deafheaven "appropriated" their sound is retarded.

Their demo was self released and their sound progresses in logical increments up to Sunbather, they're not the mainstream and commercial creation you're trying to make them out to be.

Saying that they "ripped off" a bunch of no names who themselves have only a pinch of originality when they managed to piece together albums that put [your favorite 'first wave' 'blackgaze' band]'s to shame and bear only a tangential similarity in sound is stupid.
>>
they are pretty boring, with really cheesy leads. cant take seriously
>>
>>63297798
Fuck Pitchfork, who gives a shit?
>>
both suck ass
deafheaven are cock suckers
>>
>>63297798
FUNERAL IS BETTER THAN MOONLOVER.
>>
>>63297829
they don't need to make that investment
>>
>>63301154
>a bunch of no names

lol stick to hip hop kid, you clearly don't understand the black metal ethos. Enjoy your commercial bullshit.
>>
>>63301988
cherrypicking is pretty kvlt, man
>>
File: Cover (13).jpg (64 KB, 420x630) Image search: [Google]
Cover (13).jpg
64 KB, 420x630
>>63301988
I mean that implying Deafheaven was listening to a bunch of literally who's and said "hey we should rip these guys off but more commercial, you know what I mean?" is stupid
>>
>>63297798
Deafheaven had a beef with Ghost Bath? They don't seem like people who would start shit/call people out.
>>
>>63297829
if you honestly believe pitchfork reviews aren't just copy/pasted PR releases then you're a naive fucking idiot
>>
>>63299873
Only gigantic faggots mosh, and this is coming from a guy who attended hardcore shows all through high school.
>>
File: 3540372489_photo.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3540372489_photo.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>63297983
>>63297998
>>63298327
>>63298413
>>63298519
>>63298548
>>63298566
>>63298573
>>63298575
literally more jewish than anything
>>
>>63299844
Moshing is for teenagers, and Deafheaven isn't really mosh-friendly music anyway.
>>
>>63302586
If you went to a fuckton of hardcore shows and hated moshing, you're definitely the faggot.
>>
>>63302729
this, but moshing at black metal shows is ???????
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.