[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has your favourite band been on the Simpsons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: beach boys simpsons.jpg (94 KB, 625x465) Image search: [Google]
beach boys simpsons.jpg
94 KB, 625x465
Has your favourite band been on the Simpsons
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH9HI1Pa_oc

if this counts
>>
>Boredoms

No but Matt Groening did book them for that festival he curated
>>
I like the one with Grimes
>>
>>63297708
matt groening seems like such a cool guy, it puzzles me how he let the simpsons deteriorate this much
>>
>>63297760
Cause you can easily be both a cool guy and a hack that lost all credibility and artistic direction last millennium
easy
>>
File: REM-en-Los-Simpsons.jpg (100 KB, 611x384) Image search: [Google]
REM-en-Los-Simpsons.jpg
100 KB, 611x384
Your thread made me curious, and it turns out they have. I never watched the simpson's enough to know. i have to wonder how they were written in, but i'm not curious enough to watch whatever episode it is
>>
>>63297760
his favourite album is Meme Mask Replica
>>
>>63297760
>>63297781
The series has been going on for 27 years, that's a lot, it's not crazy that it differs from what it was.
>>
>>63297760
he never really had the creative vision of what it ended up being to begin with. from what i understand his creative involvement was pretty loose once the show was picked up after the tracey ullman show ended and was more in control of the various other writers and artists
>>
File: James_brown.png (566 KB, 730x549) Image search: [Google]
James_brown.png
566 KB, 730x549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eMVgLR-4oM
I didn't even remember this scene, but there it is
>>
>>63297760

Groening technically created them, and his name might appear on the credits first, but it isn't a secret that the series has always relied on their writer's talent. Something that Groening apparently contributes very little to
>>
Smashing Pumpkins were my favourites around the time they were on the Simpsons, but that was a long time ago.

I don't think I even have a"favourite" band now.
>>
>>63297760
A. He made Futurama so all his mistakes are forgiven
B. The only reason he continues to make new episodes is because Fox would fail otherwise
C. Seasons 3-10 of the Simpsons is God-tier and helped make cartoons socially relevant
>>
Simpsons bands are always shitty

>sadgasm
ultra shitty

>the be sharps
ultra shitty

>bart boy band
ultra shitty

>homer simpson with that singer, singing about flanders
shitty

>moe zislack conection
shitty

>kovenant
shitty

>the kids that participated on the talent show, that lisa simpsons did, including lisa
shitty
>>
>>63297785
That whole R.E.M. scene is great.

>"They think they're saving the rainforest."
>"No, don't do it Michael!."
>"It's not the R.E.M. way."
>>
>>63298191
futurama is the most reddit thing ever, its painfully unhumorous
>>
>>63297760
He was literally a Portland hipster who made it big with poor drawings and great writers.

>>63298563
It's pretty painful how wrong you are.
>>
>>63298226
Kirk Van Houten makes up for all of them you pleb.
>>
File: 1456463362980.png (111 KB, 300x333) Image search: [Google]
1456463362980.png
111 KB, 300x333
>>63298226
>doesnt like MY DINGALING, MY DINGALING
>>
Rolling Stones.
It was funny.
>>
Sonic Youth and Smashing Pumpkins
>>
>>63298226
CAN I BORROW A FEELING
>>
http://youtu.be/BIs_9FEUqWI
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.