[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any drummers on /mu/? If so, post gear, discuss, or just shitpost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: download (2).jpg (13 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
13 KB, 284x177
Any drummers on /mu/?
If so, post gear, discuss, or just shitpost in general
>>
so no drummers on /mu/ then? damn.
>>
>>63296941
How do I git gud at drumming? Start with training rudiments?

>inb4 just do faster double bass
>>
>>63297117
Depends on where you want to improve, and where you are at now, as far as skill level
>>
>>63297117
Rudiments are a good start, and just practicing over a metronome. Improvising is great practice if you have somebody to jam with
>>
>>63297128
I can do basic beats and stuff pretty well but my fills are shite. Also wanna git gud at complicated beats that aren't as straightforward.

>>63297138
cheers famalam
>>
I got a rusty pulse junior kit in the shed. Always wanted to upgrade the hardware but i don't have the goddamn cash.

That and i am pretty shitty when it comes to timing.

Write most of my tunes going on feel. Can't play to a click to save my life.
>>
>>63297155
learn some basic fills, practice them over a metronome, and you can really just add on from there.
>complicated beats
example?
>>
>>63297221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS56_MfEnrg
>>
>>63297210
IMO a pulse junior is a horrible starting kit.
Becoming good at timing requires nothing but practice over a metronome, on a kit or pad.
I'd recommend just going, 1/4 notes, 1/8th notes, 16ths and then 32nds over a metronome in 4/4, mix it up once to get it down
>>
>tfw living in an apartment
>>
>>63297235
start at paradiddles and move on to different variations of that, once you get them down move it to the kit, between the ride and the snare preferably, and you can just add onto that with variations of different kinds of paradiddles, stroke rolls, etc. You can really start anywhere as far as rudiments go but triplets and paradiddles are pretty much square one IMO
>>
>>63297291
cheers senpai
>>
>>63297269
i know the feel bro, I live with 3 other people
>>
>>63297269
>>63297366
know that feel too :(
>>
>>63297394
>>63297269
what do you guys play?
>>
>>63297394
I have to record vocals in my car at four in the morning. Shit's brutal man. I think it'd be dope as hell to be able to record in my room. The struggle is real.
>>
>>63297403
do your roomates hate music or what??
why 4am?
>>
>>63297403
Man that's dedication, keep it up!
>>
>>63297408
>>63297414
I'm kind of stuck on an indian reservation. We do that multi-generational thing. Got the parents, me, the sister, her old man, and their kid living here.

4am because the that's when the neighborhood's finally crashed out - i record a lot of 'metal' type vocals.

Pain in the fucking ass to do in winter.
>>
>>63297426
I can imagine.
are you in a band?
>>
>>63297461
Zee buddy. My bandmates moved to different cities a good four years back. My own little project is basically acoustic tunes with bass and synth/samples over it.

Do miss playing in a band though.

I was a dope as fuck bassist. Used to rattle clits like a mother fucker.
>>
I mean, you must be br00tal if you record vocals in a car.
>>
>>63297529
Meh. I sing loud, scream loud. I've gotten second hand embarrassment from listening to other people sing. It makes my ears red. It isn't a good feeling. So i take that out of the equation for other people by doing it in the early morning.
>>
>>63297394
>>63297269
You guys think it's okay to play an electronic kit? I have pretty thin walls
>>
>>63297568
if people don't mind hearing tapping.
ask your roomies/neighbors instead of us
>>
>>63297584
>talking to your neighbours
I knew /mu/ was the most normie board but jesus christ
>>
>>63297592
I guess you could consider me a normie, been on 4chinz since 2012.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 1450x1450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 1450x1450
Any other tenor players on /mu/?
>>
>>63297642
Always wanted to, unfortunately never tried or got the chance
>>
shameless bump
>>
File: Tism-Earthcore-Image-1.jpg (167 KB, 1000x584) Image search: [Google]
Tism-Earthcore-Image-1.jpg
167 KB, 1000x584
Guitarist here but.

What's the deal with amateur drummers wanting two bass drums when a double kick pedal on one sounds perfectly fine?

My drummer insists on it for band practice but for live recording he only ever uses the one anyway? Why are so many drummers so anal about this?
>>
>>63298166
I don't know dude, it's bulky, harder to tune, looks ugly, there are basically no advantages from my point of view. I think's an image thing, stupid as fuck.
>>
>>63298233
Yeah I've convinced him to keep one at home and setup a kit there for him to practice, doesn't make sense at all to me. I'm not a drummer but I've always liked drummers who go for a less is best approach.

Don't particularly like this band at all but the drummer is crazy good for what appears to be a 3 or 4 piece kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1xDByyq2g
>>
>>63298264
you only need a 4 piece, anything else is optional/too much IMO. He probably sucks or just falls into memes way too hard. Maybe both
>>
>>63298291
I think he saw a Megadeth live vid and went "aw fuck that's me" and bought a huge ass drum kit. We're gonna halve it and turn it into two kits for him now hahaha. Two rack toms, 1 floor, one kick, one snare. Dunno about cymbals though, he has a weird fetish for two hi-hats which I'll never understand.
>>
>>63298326
Two high hats is even dumber
>i need a cymbal and tom for every day of the week
>it adds diversity to my playing meme spout
90% of the best drummers play on a 5 piece or less, usually no more than 5 cymbals. Tell him to spend his money on lessons if he thinks he needs all that bullshit to sound good
>>
>>63298387
Yeah we're gonna sort him out. He's a pretty good drummer but very close-minded. Honestly if he sets me off one more time I can just replace him, I've got a few kids who could learn the parts in a couple weeks and would be more than keen to play in a band that plays shows.
>>
>>63298629
stick with who you can deal with on a personal level, anybody can be a good drummer, not everybody can't be an asshole
>>
>>63298645
We've been friends for years but I'm fairly sure he's a high-level autist. I like him but he can be abrasive as fuck without warning and it just shits off everyone. Also he gets hugely offended if I write drum parts, even though I tell him to redo them completely for me.

Fucking drummers amirite? Good thing I've got EZDrummer to back me up.
>>
>>63298645
>anybody can be a good drummer
lol
>>
>>63298681
literally just takes practice faggot.
>>63298670
I would move on, or tell him to quit being autistic, it may seem easy to deal with but down the road it's only gonna be worse.
>>
>>63298717
>literally just takes practice faggot.
nope, plenty of people just lack the coordination/ability to keep time/endurance for it
>>
>>63298717
>Tell him to quit being autistic
Hahaha if only.
He still plays Yu-Gi-Oh tourneys too. Like not for fun, dead serious "knowing every card ruling off by heart" kind of guy. Spends hundreds on boxes of it lol.
>>
File: SPACE.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Ambient Space Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6592IBKl-c
>>
>>63298759
tip top kek m8, bless his faggot heart
>>63298753
>implying you couldn't break that with practice
>implying I don't know this from experience
>>
>>63298833
then it worked for you, but it doesn't with everybody
>>
>>63298898
okay m8, whatever floats your fuckin goat
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kLRMiIOqNw
3:05
HOW?
O
W?
>>
I saw Lamb of God at a festival. The drums sounded horrible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCpZTr4qg3o
>>
I'm curious to know what you drummers think about this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWqVSIxUBc0
>>
I have a pearl white finished Tama Silverstar, a pretty decent kit.
My cymbals: Zildjian 14.25" k custom hybrid high hats
Zildjian 22" k custom dark ride
Zildjian 15" (I think I don't remember) k custom dark crash.
Spent a shit ton of money on it, most I've ever saved up (high schooler).
I play whatever, but I do jazz band, and I've made it to All-State and All-District Jazz, and do the school plays. If anybody needs any tips for how to play, honestly playing along with a track to your favorite songs will help a lot. Go on to the Vic Firth website and learn how to read music, then practice rudiments and basic grooves they have you learn. Also, I'd recommend learning to seperatw your hands from you feet (alternating hand, foot, hand, foot pattern). It makes it easier to learn grooves and is so easy to practice anywhere, as you don't need a kit to do it.
>>
going to lowes anons, keep the thread bumped and I'll give some replies when i get back.
It's OP by the way
>>
File: IMG_20160314_095222781.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_095222781.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
Been playing for about 7 years now, thinking about making music now, something pyschadelic probably, I listen to anco alot so probably something along that
>>
Is Danney Carey a good drummer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sid2RzuswiY
>>
>>63300030
double kick, fast feet.
>>63300049
I like some LoG but they are trash in some other albums
>>63300107
Kinda cool, too much going on for me though.
>>63300304
miles better than my set up m8, how do you like the k custom series? What do you play with it?
>>63302241
I have also been playing around 7 years, there is never a bad time for psychedelic music.
>>63302682
I think Danny Carey is an excellent drummer, in my top three with Matt Greiner, and John Bonham (top four if you want me to throw Ginger Bake(d)r in there)
>>
>>63302742
>LoG
Not that I'm really a fan myself, I've just heard a lot of good things about their drummer.
>>
>all these plebs talking about 'rudiments' and '16ths' and shit
just feel it out, stop being such cunts about drumming
>>
>>63302791
the pleb is me faggot
>implying rudiments don't improve your drumming
>implying that "16ths and shit" isn't the basis of drumming
>implying you know anything about anything at all
shut the fuck up and get out
>>
>>63302775
he's pretty okay I guess, kind of a meme
>>
promark shira kashi oak 747
the fucking drumsticks I've been looking for so long time
>>
>>63303040
am I the only one who finds pro mark kind of sub par? at least to vic firth as far as plastic tips go
>>
>>63302893
Whatever you talentless fucks want to believe to get you through the day
enjoy reading your little drum books or whatever it is you use to substitute in for any semblance of talent
>>
>>63303758
continue to post butthurt responses, please.
>>
>>63304066
how am i butthurt? i called out shitty drummers, and you responded to me
>>
This song is by no means, the hardest, the most challenging nor the most technical, but damn if it isn't one of the most satifying song to play on drums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-8H3gE9dUo
>>
>>63302791
I'm feeling a light to decent 2 on this one
>>
>>63298166
Because you need 2 to let it resonate
t. Dave "double kick" Lombardo
>>
>>63304635
all QotSA is pretty fun
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.