[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have an IQ of 130+? I would guess so. You're posting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 1472x828) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 1472x828
Do you have an IQ of 130+? I would guess so. You're posting about pop music on a Japanese image board.

If you are 130+:
>favorite band(s)
>favorite album(s)
>>
>>63286557
its actualy chinese
>>
top reasearchers have determined IQ doesn't mean anything much, sorry friend.
>>
>>63286557
top empiricists have determined IQ doesn't mean anything much, sorry anon.
>>
File: 347zdjl.png (448 KB, 380x558) Image search: [Google]
347zdjl.png
448 KB, 380x558
>tfw IQ of 59

should I kill myself?
>>
>>63286557
190+ here

>favorite band(s)
Death Grips
>>
My IQ is schfifty five
>>
any accurate online IQ tests? I've never taken one before
>>
IQ of 68 here. I've failed every math and sciece class ive ever taken and wet the bed weekly til i was 14

My favorite artists are Merzbow, Boredoms, Gerogerigegege, Coil, Throbbing Gristle, Whitehouse, HaNL, Nurse with Wound, Einstürzende Neubauten, Death in June, Current 93, La Monte Young, Moondog, Lou Harrison, Henry Cowell, Luigi Russolo, Popol Vuh, Vangelis, Jean Jacques Perrey, Les Rallizes Dénudés, Rainbow Caroliner, Taj Mahal Travellers, Fushitsusha, Peter Brötzmann, John Cage, Scott Walker, Frank Zappa, Morton Feldman, Captain Beefheart, Pharoah Sanders, Albert Ayler, Ornette Coleman, Alice Coltrane, Arnold Schoenberg, Pierre Boulez, György Ligeti, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Thinking Fellers Union Local 282. Raymond Scott, Delia Derbyshire, Daphne Oram, Terry Riley, Peter Sotos, Boyd Rice, Henry Flynt, Kazumoto Endo, David Tudor, Half Japanese,Secret Chiefs 3, Keiji Haino, Ramleh, Otomo Yoshihide, John Zorn, Joe Meek, Faxed Head, Harry Partch, Wesley Willis, Fred Frith, The Residents, Sun Ra, Sun City Girls, Hans Krusi, Royal Trux, Jandek, Loren Mazzacane Connors, The Dead C, Comus, Cromagnon, Eliane Radigue, The Red Krayola, Opus Avantra, Pan.Thy.Monium., Murmuüre, Gong, cLOUDDEAD, the list goes on and on..
>>
>>63286759
There aren't even accurate non-online ones. IQ is horseshit.
>>
File: R2Rbuei[1].png (294 KB, 1544x903) Image search: [Google]
R2Rbuei[1].png
294 KB, 1544x903
>>63286759
>>
>>63286668
>>63286597
Not the aim of my thread. I just want to see what people who claim to have an iq of 130+ like :^)
>>
>>63286759
Not for free, no.
>>
what's the average IQ of someone whos favorite record is person pitch?
>>
>>63286557
You can have a high IQ and fail at life or have a low one and be successful

Just look at most people who have autism/aspergers
>>
>>63286896
Whatever retarded is
>>
>>63286557
i dont have a iq
>>
>>63286557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEggKMnV_yU

lately i've been listening to this on loop for 5 days whenever i could. started to give me the fear and i've hear it some time after i stopped
>>
15 here. I have to take a short bus to my local community college's special needs program.

Currently, I've been listening to a lot of Coil, Gerogerigegege, Current 93, Comus, and Joe Meek.
>>
>>63286557
>148
>Sufjan Stevens, Iannis Xenakis, Leonard Cohen, Varese, Zs, Electric Wizard, Swans, Charles Ives, Bartok, Oren Ambarchi, Joanna Newsom, Billy Woods, The Mars Volta, Jim O'Rourke, Destroyer, The Books, Oneohtrix Point Never, Autechre, Stravinsky, Schoenberg, Flying Lotus, Kendrick Lamar, Sleep, Berg, Caribou, Cul De Sac, Kevin Drumm, The Velvet Underground, Boris, Lightning Bolt
>Just deal with the artists
>>
>bands
>albums
He doesn't listen to singular field recordings or classical recitals
Clearly you are under 130
>>
>>63286557
>bands
-Bob Dylan
-The Kinks
-Neil Young
-Sonic Youth
-MBV
-GAlaxie 500
>albums
-Bad moon rising - Sonic Youth
-Bug - Dinosaur Jr.
-On fire - Galaxie 500
-Adore - Smashing Pumpkins
-Vision Creation Newsun - Boredoms

(167)
>>
>>63288314
I forgot about The Velvet underground as a favourite band. Also white light/white heat and The velvet underground and Nico as favourite albums
>>
>>63286808

To make it simpler. MENSA level is 98th percentile or above.
>>
>>63287779
Good taste. Zs are awesome
>>
>>63288314
>167
>forgets things

Looks like the iq test is outdated and faulty
>>
>>63289346
I have a 138 and a fucking awful memory. Not gonna participate cause it's total wank
>>
156 here. This'll be a long post.
I find there's something I like from every genre. (But not every sub-genre) Even if it's only a song or two. And even with many things I don't like I can appreciate it's quality and value. (Say, Michael Jackson for example.)
I understand it's appeal even if it's not for me. And that can be true for something that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to. (Christian Rock/Country for example.)
You can make fun of me if you want to or if it'll make you happy or feel better.
That being said, I'm a pretty big Tool fan and have been since I was young. (More on that later.) I'm musically literate, (I can read sheet music) and I appreciate creative time signatures, and there's few bands where each member can do their own thing creatively and it all comes together so well. They're just very in-synch with each other, which is uncommon and impressive.
I could write you a list of everything I listen to, but it'd be a longass list. And it'd perhaps be more educational to list of some of those exceptions. I hate country but I love Johnny Cash, I hate pop music with burning passion, but there's at least one Lady Gaga song I like. Twenty One Pilots is pretty good for something coming from Fueled By Ramen. I could go on and maybe I should but I want to keep this a little shorter. And even so I may not think it's bad and I might even like it, but I absolutely would not rate it very high if I had to rate everything I listen to. Same story with tuff some people regard as "the greatest thing ever" (Pink Floyd, Nirvana, The Beatles) I know that I have internal biases for stuff like that because that's what my parents listened to when I was young so I was exposed to it a lot. ( I mean my mom saw Pink Floyd in concert while she was pregnant with me, less than a month before I was born, but that's not what I mean.)
My dad exposed me to Tool via the Sober music video when I was little, it scared me and I needed to be reintroduced when I was older. (1/2)
>>
(2/2)
If you’re looking for recommendations that’s hard to say because I don’t know what everyone’s tastes are, so what I could do is recommend stuff I like that’s not very popular or very well exposed based on whether or not you like other things, but even that wouldn’t work very well because even similar artists and bands can be radically different from each other. And you might even already know them.
So I’ll go out on a limb and recommend a couple of bands that if you haven’t heard of and sound like something you might like you should check them out. Firstly Rishloo and Dredg. Rishloo is progressive, not really “rock” or “metal” Dredg is “rock” like that’s how it’s described on many websites. If you like “Edm” or “dubstep” but you don’t like “EDM” or “Dubstep” lookup Squarepusher and Trevor Something.
If you ever thought Metal and electronic music was a match made in heaven and haven’t heard of Blue Stahli or Celldweller, fix that. They’re very experimental and hardly ever do the same thing twice so if you don’t like their newer stuff, check out their older stuff and vice versa. (Most recently they’ve been touching on Trip Hop tones. And if you like retro-futuristic and kind of funky stuff like the most recent Daftpunk album, Celldweller has a side project called Scandroid, and you should give The Toxic Avenger “Romance and Cigarettes” a listen.
Tl/Dr just be open minded and step out of your comfort zone.
>>
210 here

I listen EXCLUSIVELY to whatever is in the top 40 charts
If it falls off even for a moment, I delete it
>>
I was tested 120 as a child and am a significantly more intelligent adult now, so I am guessing my IQ is past 130. I'll bite.

Favorite band: Archive
Favorite album: Archive - Controlling Crowds
>>
>>63289910
Hey Kim, how's it going
>>
>>63286557
lmao 145 here

>Shellac
>Polyroch by Polyrock
>>
>>63286789
Seems accurate. Anyone who claims to like Current 93 must have an iq below 70.
>>
>>63286808
what the fuck is that background
>>
>>63291244

The people Tibet works with are far more interesting than he is.

However, Tibet is an extremely amusing person to follow on Normiebook and I recommend doing so. It's like watching your grandpa trying to figure out the internet, only your grandpa is probably insane.
>>
File: 1453605184620.jpg (19 KB, 565x452) Image search: [Google]
1453605184620.jpg
19 KB, 565x452
>>63286557
I took one when I got diagnosed with mild Autism.
They didn't want to tell me what my exact IQ score was except that it was quote "extremely high," and they didnt want it to go to my head.

Could be lying, could be a pretty good one, could be shit, I don't fucking know, hell I could have just guessed right a lot of the time.
Though I didn't find the test particularly hard and only one question I recall being unsure off.

Anyways.

Favorite Bands:
>Arcade Fire
>Daft Punk
>Kishi Bashi
>Fleet Foxes
>Disclosure

Favorite Album's
>Helplessness Blues
>Random Access Memories
>Settle
>Lighght
>When the Night (St. Lucia)
>Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-75

I dislike very little music. Most music I like to at least some degree, though I won't deny my favorite music tends to be very melodic and if not dance able then reassuring in some way.

Blame it on the autism.
>>
>>63286808
>having a supposed iq of 130
>taking an online "iq test" as fact
>>
my iq is actually so high I can tell this thread is stupid
>>
>>63286688
which is the fuccboi which is the god ?
>>
uggghhh idiot here

i love slowdive unga bunga
>>
>>63286708
i got it
>>
IQ 103 via the dk test, actual shud be lower i think ? sub 90 ?

I never had any official IQ test before, no idea what im into.

>Sugar ray
>U2
>blink 182
>Wallflowers
>The killers
>Joe Satriani
>>
>>63286789
you're memeing but I genuinely like a lot of that music

(dumb idiot here)
>>
I took an IQ test and got a 90%, so I assume I'm smarter then most of you.
>>
>>63290043
don't think it works that way dude
>>
>>63292321
what a meme, my god
it's THAN not THEN you fucking idiot
No smart person ever makes prescriptive mistakes such as these. Period. Let me spell it out for you: PERIOD
>>
>134
>Pantera
>>
>>63286557
>Acid bath
>when the kite string pops
>>
>>63286557
>Don Caballero
>American Don
>>
Johann Sebastian Back
>>
My IQ is in the 80s range probably
>>
File: 1435532022995.jpg (76 KB, 640x634) Image search: [Google]
1435532022995.jpg
76 KB, 640x634
Was tested as 165 as a kid. Personally I don't think IQ means much though, I can tell you for certain I am a pretty dumb mother fucker.
Anyway:

Bands/Artists
>Kendrick
>GZA
>Rush
>R.E.M.

Albums
>GKMC
>Moving Pictures
>Closer to the Edge
>Liquid Swords
>Midnight Marauders
>>
Wow, you guys are so smaart
>>
>>63292635
>American Don
>not 2
>>
>>63292483
Maddox?
>>
>>63288314
How do you get into Galaxie 500? Their songs end up sounding too similar and underdeveloped to me.
>>
So far the only artists to repeat on lists of you alleged smart fucks:

>Kendrick, The Velvet Underground, Bach
>>
>>63293624
Guess this means part of being intelligent is having your own tastes.
>>
>>63286896
69 lol
source: its my favorite
>>
>>63293136
based on that taste i think it's actually 16.5
>>
>>63289766
>>63289793
I have such a high IQ I didn't even need to read your post, I just instantly understood it and dismissed it as a shit.
>>
>>63293731
I told you IQ means jack
>>
i heard that your iq matches your favorite BPM of dance music
>>
>>63293821
Well, I like ambient.
>>
I can appreciate pretty much every genre of music and my IQ is around 130.
>>
I'm a legitimate autist, and while I don't remember exactly what I got (I got it checked when I got my autism diagnosis, which was a long time ago), it was higher than 130. I'm proof that high IQ doesn't really mean anything, though - I'm a hopeless NEET who has never done anything in the quarter century he's been around.

I legitimately like most of the artists in the "poseurcore" meme and lots of classical music.
>>
>>63286688
you know how to upload an image file to a website, so no, your IQ of 59 (mental retardation) is not accurate
>>
>>63286557
No idea my IQ, but people tell me I'm pretty smart.

Artists: OK GO, The Dear Hunter, Foo Fighters, Theophany, Radiohead, Animals As Leaders, Audioslave, Two Door Cinema Club, Danimal Cannon, Intervals, MC Frontalot, Childish Gambino, Box Car Racer, Charlie Parker, Reel Big Fish, Johnny Cash, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tool, Rush, Protomen, Vampire Weekend

Albums:
OK GO & OH NO - OK GO
In Colors, Kid A, OK Computer - Radiohead (See also the 01 10 playlist)
Low - Foo Fighters
The Color Spectrum - The Dear Hunter
Box Car Racer - Box Car Racer
Candy Coated Fury - Reel Big Fish
Lateralus - Tool
>>
>>63294297
I should add Modern Vampires in the City - Vampire Weekend
>>
>>63294297
>album - artist
You're not very bright after all.
>>
>>63294341
dont triger me i hav stress prolbems
>>

Bowie, PJ Harvey, Reznor, Gershwin, Merritt, Foster, Cohen, Cohan, Nick Cave, Talking Heads, Beethoven, etc

The Wayward Bus, Heroes, Watertown, Is This Desire?, Sweet Dreams (are made of this), Talking Heads '77, blah blah blah
>>
>>63292197
I haven't been on this board for the past few weeks. Does it have something to do with the "poseurcore" meme?
>>
File: 4L_ijfcpoxL.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
4L_ijfcpoxL.png
1 MB, 640x960
I have an IQ of 496 and I can suck my own dick with my mind
>>

>PF,Jethro Tull, King
Crimson,Memwie,Gorillaz,GSYBE,Pixies, T.heads
>Animals,Exuma,RiL,Station to station
>>
My IQs 156, IQs horseshite anyways but my favourite band is Radiohead and my favourite albums mbdtf
>>
File: chem an denkem.png (46 KB, 322x218) Image search: [Google]
chem an denkem.png
46 KB, 322x218
>tfw unironically have an iq of 129
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.