[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found this in a friends house. I laughed for an hour over how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
I found this in a friends house. I laughed for an hour over how much of a parody it is of itself.
>>
What's funny about it exactly?
>>
I never expected to find a Japanese Hank Williams tape in my entire life. I was tripping on acid and all I could do is think "Ride em a cowboya". I didn't know honky tonk music had much of a following in Japan.
>>
There's a huge following for everything in japan.
>>
>>63283552
country music is massively popular in japan. So is Rockabilly and Bluegrass. It's a thing.
>>
>>63283552
While it seems weird at first glance, Hank Williams was incredibly famous for his time.
>>
>>63283552
You are so fucking dumb, it's almost endearing
>>
>>63283660
>>63283641
Well now that I own a Japanese Hank Williams tape I'm super happy. It's a pretty cool find.
>>
>>63283454
do you have to control yourself from laughing whenever you see kanji characters over something?
>>
>>63283489
>>63283850
Yeah I don't get it OP

>>63283641
I didn't know Japan was so patrician
>>
>>63284643
Why do you think Japan frequently gets super special editions of western-music albums?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWIR9mvf-IU
>>
East asians will love anything Caucasians enjoy. They're the most self-hating race in the world.
>>
>>63283454
I don't understand what is so funny about it, or how it's "a parody of it's self"... it's just a japanese greatest hits style type...
Why are you just leaving beef around like that though?
>>
>>63283552
hahahaha
>>
>>63284806
>They're the most self-hating race in the world.

Arabs and Swedes, tho
>>
>>63283850
those are katakana not kanji
>>
>>63284806
east asians are the most self-hating race in the world, as someone who isn't east asian i am a very credible source for this information.
>>
>>63283739
I don't it's that uncommon, I remember the earlyt 90s my local Ames (pretty much a sleezier Walmart that was big in the 80s/early 90s) had all sorts of japanese and mexican greatest hits and concert tapes in the bargian bins for some weird reason
>>
>>63283454
It's a joke because it's American nationalist music produced during the Cold War and now chinks are listening to it
>>
>>63284944
Good grief
>>
>>63284944
it's japanese, not chinese, you moron
>>
>>63284806
I don't think you have a good grasp on what self hating means, also that isn't as true as it used to be, though when that tape was made it certainly was.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.