[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Souvlaki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: slowdive-souvlaki-1024x1013.jpg (217 KB, 1024x1013) Image search: [Google]
slowdive-souvlaki-1024x1013.jpg
217 KB, 1024x1013
Favorite song off this album? And do you think this is the best shoegaze band/album ever created?
>>
>>63280155
>Souvlaki or When The Sun Hits
>Hell no
>>
>>63280155
Dagger and no
>>
>>63280376
Forgot the Space Station after Souvlaki
anyways i also like Altogether cause i find a beatley feeling in that one and i find dagger underrated as fuck.
Allison could've been better without the baggy drumming
>>
>Space Station
>Lolno
>>
Souvlaki Space Station

No
>>
>>63280155
Every song is perfect t b h
>>
1. Souvlaki Space Station
2. Sing
3. 40 Days
4. Alison
5. When The Sun Hits
6. Machine Gun
7. Here She Comes

POWER GAP

8. Dagger
9. Altogether
10. Melon Yellow
>>
test
>>
Slowdive are barely shoegaze. they just popped up when that genre hit its peak and everything with a wall of sound was then considered shoegaze
>>
>choosing any track that's not Alison

you should all be ashamed
>>
>>63280610
They are shoegaze
>>
>>63280155
Souvlaki Space Station obviously.
Least favorite has to be Here She Comes.

It's not the best but its top 5 for sure.
>>
>>63280610
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRrKYI6Z8JE
so what genre is this?
>>
Im new to shoegaze
Whats the name of this song?
https://youtu.be/7iYH8QZ1mGg?t=57s

What should I listen that sounds like the video?
>>
>>63280618
you can tell everyone in this thread is a MBV fanboy because they are all choosing the song that's most like anything MBV has done.

>>63280688
cool argument bro.
if they released the same music in the 80s on 4AD they would just be dream pop like Cocteau Twins.
>>
File: 1290032552281.jpg (64 KB, 175x188) Image search: [Google]
1290032552281.jpg
64 KB, 175x188
>tfw Souvlaki Space Station
>>
>>63280743
When You Sleep off Loveless.
If you like it then you should definitely check out Souvlaki.
>>
>>63280155
Souvlaki Space Station

Nope
>>
>>63280755

> liking SSS makes one a MBV fanboy

Everything on Souvlaki sound so clean and polished compared to anything MBV did that I hardly consider them comparable. I'd sooner liken Souvlaki to Cocteau Twins.
>>
Shoegaze fans are the worst.
>>
Alison and Machine Gun are so fucking amazing.

Also this album is the Loveless of dream pop
>>
Melon Yellow is the best Slowdive song
>>
>>63281084
fuck off montie no one likes you
>>
>>63281137
I like him, then again I enjoy most tripfriends
>>
Sing or Dagger
Not the best shoegaze band ever but made some good music
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.