[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or do The Doors suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: jimmorrison.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
jimmorrison.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
Jim Morrison has such a depressing boring voice. All of there songs sound downbeat and slow. Anyone else not able to get into them?
>>
nah you're right they're pretty bad
instrumentally they're okay but Morrison is just too much of a douchenozzle and also boring
>>
>>63275494
Glad I'm not the only one that find them highly overrated. If it wasn't for Jim Morrison's death, would they have gone down as 'less iconic'?
>>
People have hated on the Doors since the 80s...they're everyone's favourite sacred cow to kick.
>>
Yeah the Doors do really suck honestly. The End is the only good song of theirs that I've heard
>>
Hello /mu/ are you here? This thread honestly scares me. Is this what we are? Is that what we've become? Look at me, LOOK AT ME! DO YOU REALIZE WHAT I WENT TRough? WHY I HAVE TO LOOK LIKE THIS MONSTER?
>>
You hear Light My Fire

Downbeat and slow my ass
>>
The Doors are horrible. They're biggest hit has one fucking chord on it.
>>
File: image.png (107 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107 KB, 1136x640
Christgau is right yet again
>>
File: LA WOMAN.jpg (26 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
LA WOMAN.jpg
26 KB, 301x300
You should all listen to L.A. Woman. It's all the great instrumentation of The Doors without too much of psychedelic wankery. Jim's voice is still brooding, but in a Joy Division sort of way. It's dark-dark blues, but with a little bit of psychedelic funk, please enjoy
>>
They're certainly overrated but still good
>>
>>63275816
TVU is horrible. I wish more people would hate them over the doors

>>63275837
>Jim's voice is still brooding, but in a Joy Division sort of way.
Ian Curtis was an imitator of Jim Morrison. not saying you didn't know that per se but it's pretty fucking from here on out.
>>
>>63275485
They oscillate between brooding, dated shit, decent rockers, and, infrequently, pretty ballads. It's a stretch to say they ever get to be good let alone great let alone GOAT.
>>
this is why /mu/ is a fag board
>>
>>63275485
Without Ray they would've been worthless, but they got Ray.

The Doors are the band that plebs "grow out of" only to realize they're actually really fucking good when they stop treating music like a fashion accessory. The Doors is probably the greatest debut album, and at least a top 15 rock album ever.
>>
>>63275894
fuck off TVU are great
>>
File: Trump is Gawd..gif (1 MB, 294x350) Image search: [Google]
Trump is Gawd..gif
1 MB, 294x350
>>63275978
someones butt is hurt
>>
The doors have some good tracks but Morrison was insufferable and was probably the least talented of the group

Best part is the organ but not everyone likes rock organ
>>
>least talented of the group

Who cares when all they played was blues based shitty pop rock with psychedelic undertones here and there. What little talent he had he used.
>>
Yeah I can't comprehended why they're celebrated as one of the great bands of the era. Iconic maybe but their music is ass and the most dated of the bunch.
>>
I think their work as a whole is overrated as hell but I can't deny that some of the faster, more powerful songs are the PERFECT drug songs. Getting stoned or dropping acid with those guitars/ organ playing really fills you up
>>
>>63275485
nah ur just a little bitch desu senpai
>>
>>63276030
of course they are it's just posted cause they said that one chord criticism
>>
>>63275894
>TVU is horrible
stopped reading right there
>>
>>63276441
see>>63276434
>>
Their self-titled is great but I haven't listened to anything else by them.

S/T takes a few listens and then it clicks how good it is.
>>
>>63275485
Replace "Jim Morrison" with "Ian Curtis" and you've described Joy Division perfectly. Both bands are way overrated, the upsides being that 1) the Doors made "Riders on the Storm" and 2) Joy Division gave birth to New Order.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aXIA1nMdeI

Tell me this song isn't goat as fuck
>>
File: 680.jpg (124 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
680.jpg
124 KB, 680x680
is it just me or does this album FUCKIN ROCK

ahahaa

https://theholyromanempire.bandcamp.com/album/the-holy-roman-empire
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.