[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I have to be a teenager to like Muse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 1429x1416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 1429x1416
Do I have to be a teenager to like Muse
>>
>>63273092
you are a teenager anon
>>
>>63273092
yes
>>
Pre teen
>>
>>63273092
you have to browse reddit
>>
It varies from album to album.
>>
no, i bring it out for road trips to the coast with my norm friends

you DO have to be a teenager to talk about muse as one of the most groundbreaking, GENUINELY UNIQUE bands EVER. which many teenagers do.
>>
You have to be a toddler to like Muse.
>>
I never understood why /mu/ hated Muse, they used to be the best mainstream rock band
>>
>>63274889
They just ripped off radiohead but forgot the talent
>>
>>63273092
There are good songs that you can pick and choose into a decently mature collage, but if you want to listen to the albums start to finish then yes, you're going to have to tap into your inner screenager.
>>
showbiz is patrician and you cant prove me wrong
>>
>>63274889
If they had released OoS in this era of poptimism they would've been probably liked, but since they were at their best when this board was in its hipster phase now they're traditionally hated.
As mainstream goes, they were pretty good for the first half of their discography.
>>
>>63274965
>radiohead
>talent
good joke
>>
>>63273092
pretty much. It's what most metalheads gravitate to when they turn 14.
>>
>>63273092
No, just an atheist ledditor
>>
>>63275410
Lol, no. Even during the time they were at their best they were overshadowed significantly by Radiohead, The Mars Volta, Too, Deftones and Nine Inch Nails as far as mainstream rock goes.
>>
>>63275528
*Tool
>>
>>63273092
I unironically think that album is great.
>>
>>63275528
Deftones just aren't as popular as them.
TMV isn't mainstream.
NIN only had one album in the 00s that could be considered mainstream rock.
>>
>>63275677
>Deftones just aren't as popular as them.
That's not my point. They were still mainstream, but less popular because their music was better and a little more challenging.

>TMV isn't mainstream.
They were on Universal and Warner Brothers, and won a Grammy so they're automatically mainstream.

>NIN only had one album in the 00s that could be considered mainstream rock.
With Teeth and Year Zero were both industrial rock albums released on Interscope. Even when they went independent they were already big enough to still count as mainstream. Look at their Billboard positions compared to Muse.
>>
No but you will need to purchase a fedora
>>
>>63275858
Yeah when I said mainstream I was talking more about popularity and music style.
Deftones just aren't as big and TMV music isn't as accessible, even Deloused is pretty out there compared to Muse.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.