[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can only choose one album from being erased from history,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: choose1.png (871 KB, 1000x497) Image search: [Google]
choose1.png
871 KB, 1000x497
You can only choose one album from being erased from history, which do you choose?

The one you don't choose will have never been made.
>>
Spiderland is better
>>
>>63263489
I'm about to hear Spiderland for the first time in a bit. Loveless is my favorite album of all time, so I can't give an unbiased answer.
>>
Spidey
>>
I rather Loveless never been made. The entire shoegaze genre would never have existed but post-rock, math rock and post-hardcore all depend on Spiderland.
>>
Lovless cause m b v sounds the same

There isn't another album like spiderland
>>
i prefer loveless but there are far more great albums that draw direct influence from spiderland than great albums that draw direct influence from loveless
far more
sorry loveless you've got to go
>>
hmm hard choice

the best post rock album of all time ( by far )

or some drugged out kids mumbling over distorted vacuum sounds
>>
>>63263489
Just realized I fucked up the phrasing in my question, but you all seem to get the premise.

Anyways, you can only save one album from being erased from history, and the other one is erased from history.
>>
They're both good albums but I would choose Spiderland.
>>
>>63263522
You're about to get a new favorite album.
>>
>>63263522
I wish I could hear Spiderland for the first time again. You'll love it.
>>
>>63263657
>>63263707

I haven't listened to either album, but plan to in the near future. Right now im about to go play video games
>>
>>63263707
I actually remember the first time I heard breadcrumb trail ,like 4 years ago now damn

I still love this album
>>
>>63263489
Spiderland. It's a much better album in my opinion and has had a more important impact on music. Loveless is good but it's simply distorted guitar pop, and it seems that there's not really much emphasis on lyrics. The sound and mood on Spiderland is something that will always be unparalleled.
>>
i like this thread
>>
>>63263489
If we erased loveless we would still have Slowdive and Ride

Easy choice
>>
>>63263813
Ride are shit and slowdive wouldn't sound the same without mbv
>>
>>63263489
I love both of these albums, but I love Spiderland A LOT more than Loveless.
>>
>>63263489
Actually a pretty difficult question. Loveless is easily my favourite of the two but Spiderland influenced better music.
>>
>>63263595
>the best post rock album of all time ( by far )
ha ha ha
hee hee hee
>>
>>63263489
Spiderland stays

FOH Loveless
>>
File: slint tweez spiderland.jpg (580 KB, 1570x750) Image search: [Google]
slint tweez spiderland.jpg
580 KB, 1570x750
>>63263522
My first listening experience was like this. I put it on, and I'm listening, it doesn't really hold my attention but it's not bad, but I'm not falling in love with it, this goes on for the first 3 tracks, I think the vocals are strange and I can't really hear them all that well. I reach the 4th track and I quickly realize that there's something good to this, since I didn't care enough for the first 3 tracks, what I do is I listen to Washer for a couple of time, falling in love with this guitar riff. Eventually I move along and listen to the last 2 tracks and I'm thinking, boy, I really loved "Washer" I'm gonna keep listening to this one at least. I listen to it 2 more times and decide I have to listen to the album once more and suddenly everything makes sense and I feel like an idiot for it not grabbing my attention the first time. Next few weeks was just listening to this album constantly, continually blown away by how good it is, especially the closer, but really it goes for all tracks.

My favorite album since then.
>>
>>63264023
Just like my first experience. Washer pulled me in but now breadcrumb trail and good morning captain are my favourite
>>
>>63263489

loveless in a heartbeat

>>63263595

hmm hard choice

the best shoegaze album of all time (by far)

or some drugged out kids mumbling over over odd time signatures
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.