[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if only this cunt could write better lyrics; he'd be a great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: chris-martin-the-voice-1.jpg (42 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
chris-martin-the-voice-1.jpg
42 KB, 700x525
if only this cunt could write better lyrics; he'd be a great musician.
>>
>>63262517
Or, you could just listen to Beach House like a normal person. Seriously, Bloom is what Coldplay could have been if they had better songwriting.
>>
>>63262539
coldplay has better song writing than beach house. it's just the lyrics are just so bad that it demerits everything they ever do.
>>
>>63262691
Nope, Coldplay have pretty boring melodies and arrangements.
>>
>>63262722
true. but you really can't say that beach house has better arrangements. their 4 previous albums were all formulaic as fuck. you have keyboard arpeggios in major keys, backed by generic dream pop guitar chords, add some synth bass and some 80s drum machine with 0 variation in rhythm, finish it off legrand cooing like a man.
>>
>musicianship
>lyrical prowess
>in anyway related
: )
>>
>>63263192
damn i miss the days when i was 16 yrs old.
>>
>>63263266
>damn that tuba player is the best in the world. shame he isn't a good musician because he doesn't write lyrics
>>
>>63262539
beach house is shit too
>>
>>63263351
your tuba player is a musician who does not write songs. chris martin is a musician who writes songs. of course his lyricism is a factor of his musicianship.
>>
>>63263670
then don't use a stupid umbrella term like "musician" to describe someone who does something only a fraction of musicians do. the abilities to write lyrics and play music are not inherently connected, and lyricism cannot be judged as a facet of musicianship.

you gotta be more accurate with your language
>>
>>63263789
yeah and never call a tuba player a musician either because only a fraction of musicians even own a tuba

(ur fuckn retard)
>>
>>63263789
i get where you're coming from, but can't you just let it go? you know what the OP means and given the context of the original post and the picture, it's not even that big of a mistake.
i mean i knew this board was full of aspergers but you don't have to show it.
>>
>>63263789

Consider lyrics as a sort of instrument.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.