[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would have Pink Floyd been like if this was the lineup through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Pink-Floyd-1968-resize.jpg (94 KB, 734x459) Image search: [Google]
Pink-Floyd-1968-resize.jpg
94 KB, 734x459
What would have Pink Floyd been like if this was the lineup through the 70s? Better? Worse?
>>
Despite the possibility that Syd could've kept them on a freakish experimental track, there may not have been enough of a Waters influence to give them more mainstream appeal.
>>
They probably wouldn't have continued.

Syd was absolutely impossible to work with.
>>
They probably would have become a boring ass late-psych band like there were so many in the early seventies.
>>
choose
>>
>>63260048
Animals
>>
>>63260048
Meddle
>>
>>63260048
Piper

This has nothing to do with me being a Sydfag but if he stuck around their discography would be drastically different and there would be less Rogerwank for sure, so it can only be a good thing.
>>
>>63260048
Animals
>>
>>63260048
WYWH
>>
>>63260048
Animals
>>
>>63260048
WYWH
>>
>>63260048
Animals > Piper > DSOTM > Meddle > WYWH > Wall
>>
>>63260048
WYWH
>>
>>63260048
Animals and Piper

and Meddle

actually the only album I don't like is WYWH
>>
I don't know if Syd's style would have continued to speak to the times as the 70s rolled on.

Waters' Floyd was a much more apt voice for where things had gone, especially for people like them... coming out of '60s psychedelic utopianism but then experiencing the darkness and comedown that set in - and yet were still coming from a very psychedelic-influenced worldview.
>>
>>63260048
Piper > WYWH > DSOTM > Meddle = Animals >>> The Wall
>>
>>63260048

Why no Atom Heart Mother?
>>
>>63260048
Wish You Were Here > Animals > The Dark Side of the Moon > Meddle >> The Wall > The Piper At the Gates of Dawn

Remember that all opinions on music are subjective.
>>
>>63260048
Piper>Animals>Meddle>WYWH>DSOTM>The Wall
>>
>>63260048
WYWH>Animals>Piper>Wall>Meddle>DSOTM
>>
>>63260711
>Remember that all opinions on music are subjective.

Opinions, personal emotional responses... they're.. somewhat subjective; but I think that there is something about relevant art objects - some capacity or affordance of being they somehow achieve as by product of themselves.

It's some coalescence or convergence or resonance - that operates in a way that they have a way of continually making a resonant impression even as cultural contexts and readings change, and, despite the uniqueness of its experience for each individual viewer/listener, have something to them - some withdrawn aptness for speaking in a pre-linguistic capacity that is actually, paradoxically, universal in its ability to subjectively resonate in individuals (universal in subjective resonance)...

I mean, that so many people, or the people with a certain awareness, in the more rarified, higher vibrational examples, can come to some felt agreement on something's unconscious aptness and greatness, even as cultural 'discourses' change...
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.