[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we are living in a music golden age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: yes.png (406 KB, 454x430) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
406 KB, 454x430
>tfw we are living in a music golden age
>>
we are? so where is the fuckin' gold? i only see shit and sometimes shit painted yellow.
>>
this is the worst state music has ever been in.
>>
>>63258286
>I was born in le right generation
kiss
>>
>>63258476
indeed...damn, this times, the music has been so boring that a fuckin' kpop song was the 1st thing to reach one billion views on youtube ffs.
>>
>>63258476
but you finally have access to all the oldies at your fingertips!
>>
>you will never live in an era where artists releases were at record stores and not on the computer
>>
>>63258560
shutup, burchase girl.
>>
>>63258459
>>63258476
If you plebs don't see gold then you don't deserve to be on this prestigious board
>>
>>63258560
you can't prove that
>>
>>63258529
that doesn't make this a ''music golden age''
>>
>>63258522
why do you care about youtube views or what other people are listening too?

what does that have to do with the actual state of music?
>>
>>63258560
>>
Ur making me blush, you guys.
>>
>>63258598
I hate you and I hate kanye west
>>
>>63258638
I love apples and i love hats
>>
>>63258592
everything. but even the non maisntream music is shit lately. besides the swans it's all awful. bands with no creativity, no personality. always repeating the same formula.
>>
>>63258579
Go read your scaruffi and allow him telling you what you should and shouldn't listen. dumbfuck patrician.
>>
>>63258286
I'm not sure if the best music is being made RIGHT NOW, but damn we have unprecedented access to music of the past, so you may be right.
>>
Rock music now is killing it again.
Electronic family is bigger than ever
Country music had a baby with EDM
Rap and hip hop have been going steady but changing
Kpop strut in on the scene and everyone loves it
That new folk sound is a hit.
Every high school has a screamo metal band or two
Everyone is a DJ
The internet created Vaporwave
Pop music is about hot asses
People are appreciating the classics more than ever

Anyone who's anyone has all of these and more in their library/spotify which make it easier to find anything else we're looking for because it's so easy for artists to publish themselves now and be heard.
>>
repeat it over and over again until you believe it, OP
>>
I wish I could see it

>>63259332
>Rock music now is killing it again.

Sorry? I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just curious why you think so
>>
Doesn't matter, our human race will end
No matter what, the apocalypse has a never ending sleeve to pull shit out of.
>>
>>63259775
and this faggot had to show up
>>
>>63259902
I'm just saying the facts.
It's going to happen soon, from either the oil peak, to nuclear winter
Have fun with that golden age when you'll be near dead in a few decades
>>
>>63258286
I know right? Vaporwave, memerap, countless EDM sub-sub-sub-genres, the list just goes on and on...
It's like a new renaissance
>>
>>63259332
>Everyone is a DJ
>it's so easy for artists to publish themselves now and be heard
This is perhaps the major reason why popular music from the last couple of decades has been so heavily saturated with garbage
>>
>>63260026
Theres only about 8 EDM genres.
>>
>>63258286
>in terms of technology
completely agree, but I believe that progress is slowing down. the internet changed things up big time. what happens now?
>in terms of "overall musical quality"
even if you had some sort of "lateral cut" of all current music (using arbitrary factors like years) you still wouldn't be able to generate an objective consensus. if you find yourself discovering less and less good music as time passes, that's entirely your problem. the state of music is unknowable.
>>
>>63260053
Just because it's produced, doesn't mean you have to listen to it.
>>
>>63260053
>Everyone is a rocker
>it's so easy for artists to record themselves covering Wonderwall on thrift store acoustics and put it on BC themselves now and be heard
This is perhaps the major reason why popular music from the last couple of decades has been so heavily saturated with garbage
>>
Da fuk are you all saying? Older times were better?
You know that all the music that was, still is. Right?
>>
All these kids laughing at "le wrong generation" don't realise they're also ignorant as them really. Golden Age, huh. Where's Bartok or Shostakovich then? Even shits like Tom Waits or the Velvet Underground is not out there.

>Listening to music just for vibe instead of depth, browsing Pitchfork or Needledrop, claiming they're "patricians in the golden age"
>>
>>63260195
/thread
>>
>>63260298
I do have to listen to it in order to find out if it's good though.
>>
>>63260341
Also true.
>>
>>63260437
>Bartok
>Shostakovich
Both shit. Listen to Janácek and Stravinsky instead.
>>
>>63260541
>Made total controversy in string quartet form
>Made literally best operas in 20th century
>Strong individuality adopting new theories & folk motifs in their own ways
>Both shits

I've never seen somebody, at least with reliable evidences, claiming them inferior to Stravinsky or Janacek. You can bluff your patrician ass somewhere else in the board.
>>
>LE WRONG GENERATION MEME XD
Kill yourselves
Also with shit like bandcamp and digital studios anyone anywhere can get their music out there, without producers and record companies telling you what BPM your song should be in and what words in the lyrics needs changing. There has NEVER been more creative freedom for musicians than today.
>>
>>63260632
Shosty is a fireman and Bartók is an autistic wanklord.
Seriously though, you've really never seen anyone rate Stravinsky over Shostakovich? Janácek over Bartók is just personal preference but I don't think that's a very controversial position at all.
>>
>>63259570
Bands like the Struts, Highly Suspect, B0rns, Baroness, Vant giving some fire to the rock soundagain
>>
File: 1457379604117.jpg (42 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
1457379604117.jpg
42 KB, 431x300
>All of these faggots don't see that some (very close) day an unknown musician will release the most beautifully creative and amazing album ever through the internet
>Not realizing that TMR is just an example of what happens when you give total creative freedom to people
>That now literally everyone is Beefheart and the internet is Zappa

le wrong memeration!!!1 xd!
>>
>>63260812
so where is the good music?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.