[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: index.jpg (16 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
16 KB, 226x223
this is so great, anything else in his discog like this beside age of adz? or anything similar, i can't get over how interesting it is
>>
His most recent Christmas albums were recorded around the same time, so they have the same maximalist baroque electronic mixed with hymnal style structure.
>>
thoughts on the 2010 era Sufjan? these two albums are his creative magnum opus imo
>>
All Delighted People (original version) is one of his best songs, maybe the absolute best.
>>
>>63257120
really? just missed christmas lmao, damn.
>>
>>63257156
its about as good as impossible soul, Dhojariah competes though definitely
>>
>>63257126
Age of Adz is definitely my favorite by far.

I hope he hasn't abandoned that style for his standard acoustic sound.
>>
>>63257201
yeah it'd be so depressing if he goes back to being little indie sweetheart, i mean that stuff is ok but when i listen to age of adz i feel on some next level shit, its so inspiring and captivating
>>
>>63257187
Impossible Soul is great, but I prefer All Delighted People because it seems more concise.
>>
>>63257126
the best of his career so far.

Some of the tracks off of A Sun Came are reminiscent to his 2010 style as well oddly enough.
>>
>>63257256
maybe yeah, but pleasure principle, the pop rock section and the first chorus in impossible soul are beyond incredible. All delighted people is consistently amazing but the moments in impossible soul are mind blowing
>>
>>63257303
a sun came is just too meh for me honestly
>>
>>63257201
>>63257249
Planetarium sounds a lot more like Adz than anything else he's done.
>>
>>63257412
It's insanely hit or miss and very lofi. I'm just saying some of the styles popped back up 10 years later.
>>
>>63257476
yeah fair enough dude
>>63257473
i've never heard that! got a link or is it in the archive?
>>
>>63257548
It's in the archive, and it's pretty great

It's only a live recording, but It should be getting a proper release this year or next. As I understand he was finishing it up before he started working on Carrie and Lowell.
>>
>>63257120
Seconding this rec. The Christmas albums are eclectic, drawing elements from his whole career. They can be hit-and-miss, but man, when they hit...
>>
>>63257613
nice, might leave it until the official release because i feel like this style of sufjan needs good prod.
>>
File: a2600700271_10.jpg (288 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
a2600700271_10.jpg
288 KB, 1200x1200
>>63257877
Post best Christmas songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW1AgX-Fv3M
>>
>>63257120
This is so true, funnily.

>>63257156
>our trans-GRE-E-E-E-sions!
>Or shall we stand strong?

From the Mouth of Gabriel is my favorite from the 'EP' though
>>
>>63258183
the way ADP ends gives me butterflies every time its fucking fantastic
>>
Those passages in Dhojariah about the husband are so gorgeous
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.