[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/lit/ thread. Post an album and a book that goes well with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: mulit.png (1 MB, 915x600) Image search: [Google]
mulit.png
1 MB, 915x600
/mu/lit/ thread. Post an album and a book that goes well with it.

Pic related
>>
>Noah Howard - The Black Ark
>Thomas Pynchon - The Crying of Lot 49
>>
>>
>High Fidelity
>Pauls Boutique
>>
>Jackson C. Frank - S/t
>John Williams - Stoner
>>
>>63258031
that book was really depressing
>>
> f a ∞
>Blood Meridian
>>
>>63258101
I guess I won't bother reading Blood Meridian, then.
>>
>>63258067
I can see why people say that, but I found the ending kind of uplifting to be honest. Despite everything he loved being taken away from him in way or another throughout his life he stayed true to himself and simply shifted his love elsewhere until the only thing that was left was himself, hence the line towards the end about his daughter always being with him and why the book mentions the pillars of the old campus that had burned down.
>>
>>63258101
should be
>F#A# ∞
>The Road
>>
>Bongripper - Hate Ashbury
>TS Elliot - The Wasteland

I know it's not a "book."
>>
File: folder.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
Easy mode:

>Poe - Haunted
>House of Leaves
>>
>>63258148
Ugh, the whole book was so sad and beautiful. Not depressing, but just melancholy and brutal.
>>
>>63258128

Shame, man. One of my favorites from the American camp. Perhaps I was off on my album choice. Definitely was off, message wise.
>>
File: Earth-Hex_cover.jpg (51 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Earth-Hex_cover.jpg
51 KB, 550x550
>>63258101
Blood Meridian is pic related.
>>
>>63258294
I know, the praise is not hard to come by

I was just being a dick needlessly
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.