[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a feminist and I LOVE the first song
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 400x399
I am a feminist and I LOVE the first song
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 499x499
>I am a feminist
>>
i hate this board
>>
>>63249381
feminism is GAY and this is BAIT, get the fuck out
>>
I am a feminist too but I don't think the world would be much better off if women were in charge. Hopefully there would be less sexism, but even that isn't certain — it's too easy to just continue acting as before for generations and generations.

I'm also pretty sure humanity will end much earlier than "the world".

>>63249399
You're probably a bad person.

>>63249465
Promoting equality for men and women is sexual attraction for the same gender?
>>
>100 years of feminism
>women still haven't invented anything important
>>
>>63249381
>I am a feminist
>Feminist
You realize what you are saying right?
>>
>>63249596
>I am a feminist
You really have to be a special kind of idiot to believe in patriarchy theory
>>
>>63249778
Programming isn't important?

>>63249851
Do you? I think a better question would be "do you know where you are?".
>>
>>63249881
>patriarchy theory
What do you mean, "theory"? We've been living in a clearly male-dominated society until very recently, I don't see how you could deny that.

We're getting more egalitarian and can't quite argue on where we are exactly now so some people on both sides are flipping their shit, but there's still a fair chance it will all work out in the end.
>>
>>63249900
>uses her friend's analytical engine
>people treat her as if she invented it

must be hard being a woman
>>
>>63249596
Go back to tumblr
>>
File: 115259924-3.jpg (207 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
115259924-3.jpg
207 KB, 1024x1024
>>63249381
I am an Elvis fan and I LOVE the first song
>>
>>63249947
>We've been living in a clearly male-dominated society until very recently
See, this here's the problem. Patriarchy is a system where all privilege is given to the male.
Just a because the leaders have penises, somehow the rest of the males under them are to share their privileges.
You cannot seriously think that the average female and male genders don't have an equal amount advantages and disadvantages in society throughout the years.
>>
>>63250198
But I do. Women had much less freedom, earned less respect, they were just taught to be obedient and serve the man of the house for all their life. Couldn't even get the same education, couldn't vote, had even less choice than the average man for the life they wanted. For all intents and purposes, they were men's servants, except for the facts men complimented them (for their looks, mostly).

Where do you see "an equal amount of advantages and disadvantages"?
>>
>I am a feminist
>(I use 4chan)
>>
>>63250768
Yeah but woman can do all those things now so whats the problem?
>>
The first song is a cover, by the way.

Listening to insignificance, I'm not so sure O'Rourke is a feminist.

But this is a shitty bait thread anyways. Hi /pol/ and /v/!
>>
>>63251027
hey man you should read a book
>>
>>63251027
That was back then. I said our society has been patriarchal until very recently; now we have equal legal rights, not quite equal respect in society yet but we're getting there.

Feminism today is a mixed bag: many feminists still make what I think are very valid points, others want everybody to conform to their own extremely "politically correct", self-centered world views which I think can be quite dangerous and counter-productive. I wonder if the latter isn't mostly an American thing though, I'm not sure. Or maybe on social networks among younger people.
>>
>>63250768
>never have responsibilities
how horrible
>>
>>63251027
dude have u ever been outside before
>>
>>63249881
>has actually taken the ironic "le feminazi" memes seriously

how does it feel to be this cringeworthy
>>
>>63249957
This
>>
>>63250768
And men were forced to go die in a war waged by the rich. What lovely time to be man! So many choices! And even now men have highest suicide rates and homelessness rates, just like it was back then.

People like you are absolute fucking idiots. Can you not see that it was a shit time for everybody except the rich?
>>
>>63250768
>Women had much less freedom
Neither did men. They were forced into service for the marines and forced into hard labour
>earned less respect
As for the men who didn't go to war. They were publicly shamed and called "cowards" for opposing violence and killing. They also, as you said, had all the responsibilities of making the money and taking care of the family. It was "expected" of them.
>they were just taught to be obedient and serve the man of the house for all their life
Whilst working class men slaved in very dark coal mines getting by with cents a day
>Couldn't even get the same education, couldn't vote, had even less choice than the average man for the life they wanted.
There wasn't much of a choice for men either with forced conscription and dieing in a war they never wanted to fight in the first place.

As >>63253297 said the oppression was pretty equal. No one really did have a great time back then and I'm surprised your movement doesn't mention this being for equality and all.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.