[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>shoegaze >released two months before Loveless >that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
>shoegaze
>released two months before Loveless
>that album cover

WTH
>>
Even more proof that Kevin is a hack.
>>
there were a fucking bajillion shoegaze/dream pop bands from manchester around 1989-1992 who all looked and sounded exactly the same

kevin shields wants you to believe that britpop killed shoegaze, but it was really a lack of anyone caring about shoegaze
>>
>>63243020
Yeah but the extreme similarities in the album cover...
>>
>>63243034
Nobody cared enough to bring it up.
>>
File: Blackouts.jpg (123 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Blackouts.jpg
123 KB, 600x600
>>63243034
You have to admit it's not a very original idea
>>
File: darklands.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
darklands.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
and these came out before either of those
>>
File: youtripmeup.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
youtripmeup.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>63243142
neither are very original covers

and loveless sounds way fucking different than the word and the flesh
>>
>>63242484
Yeah no. Name a more guitar based genre. Coincidence, nothing more. It's more noise rock than shoegaze desu
>>
Both bands toured together un 88-89, Robert Poss and Kevin where friends, quite possible that the similar artwork was a inner-joke between them. In some degree you can consider it loveless murrican brother
Anyways
The word and the flesh > loveless
I fucking love them both
>>
This is one of the best vids on the youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJBWQUprnEE
>>
>>63243319
holy shit thats awesome

this album kinda reminds me of isnt anything in some ways

>>63243335
>>
>>63243378
Actually Love Agenda, the previous BoS album sounds more like isnt anything
>>
I think i like Love Agenda more than this album. What a fucking gem this track is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bh99NTsxHk
>>
>>63243430
I found it on vinyl a while ago :^) I like it a lot but I like this one a bit better so far

>>63243335
Im watching this and how they talk about everything makes me feel like a total retard
>>
>>63243661
You should learn an instrument anon in a few years you'll understand
>>
>>63243878
I know a few, but mostly production wise they seem to know how everything goes together and know what to fix right away and for me its usually just trial and error with recording, like i barely have any idea what im doing
>>
>>63243020
this... I remember when the only people into shoegaze were hardcore goths and punks who didn't want their friends to know they liked shoegaze
>>
>>63242484

Loveless was in production for way longer.

It's like saying Toy Story was the first full-length CGI film because it was released earlier than Cassiopeia, which was in production way earlier.
>>
>>63243905
It's not much different now really. Was called the scene that celebrates itself afterall
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.