[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would Johnny B. Goode or Rebel Rebel be liked more by an audience
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: bowie.jpg (79 KB, 400x408) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
79 KB, 400x408
Would Johnny B. Goode or Rebel Rebel be liked more by an audience under the age of 21?
>>
I would say neither is considerably in the mind of the generation but out of those 2 Rebel Rebel
>>
I'm under 21 and I love both of those songs.
>>
>>63240260
I think Johnny B. Goode is alright. Rebel Rebel is lame. Bowie had many better songs.
>>
>>63240513
I always thought Bowie wrote a great riff and good lyrics with Rebel Rebel, but the song structure is too weak. It's just the same verse and chorus repeated a couple times while the riff chugs along through the whole thing.

I remember trying to learn how to play it, and just played along on my guitar while wearing headphones. I only played the song once but my brother about knocked down my bedroom door and yelled for me to stop playing the same thing over and over.
>>
Johnny B. Goode is more timeless and danceable. Rebel Rebel sounds kind of 70s-ish, but is obviously closer to modern pop music, so I don't know.

Why you're asking this is beyond me.
>>
>>63240697
Presumably because OP has to play music for <21-year-olds, but why the song choice is limited to those two seems weirdly arbitrary.
>>
>>63240260
black guy wrote Johnny B Goode, the current generation would find him more "authentic" and "real". Bowie might get laughed at...

Either way I'm under 21 and enjoy both.
>>
>>63240679
what about the 2003 version from Reality?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65rOFPMB_UE
>>
>>63240260
David Bowie is my favorite of all time but I would definitely say Johnny B. Goode
It's kinds cringey bu I think I resent the amount of love and attention rebel rebel gets because it's just not a very good song.
>>
>>63242932
what about this >>63241771
fucking version ????
>>
Don't underestimate the number of people who only know Johnny B. Goode from back tot he future. It's kinda evergreen because of the movie. I think that's the right call.

The kind of people who would be on /mu/ will stand in the back with their arms folded and think whatever you choose is lame, be it berry or bowie, so there's no winning over those guys. (I was one of those guys; if I could recognize the song, I'd totally eyeroll and look to my friend and say "oh GOD, they're playing ______?)
>>
>>63243014
It's better but it's still the same old song. Tbh I think it's the worst actual(ie not Future Legend) song on Diamond Dogs
>>
>>63243117
it's not the same its completely restructured you fucking autist
>>
>>63240487
>>>/youtubecomments/
no one cares faggot
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.