[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only think more of a meme than a 7 string guitar is an 8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: meme.png (139 KB, 755x216) Image search: [Google]
meme.png
139 KB, 755x216
The only think more of a meme than a 7 string guitar is an 8 string guitar

When will this stupid fad die?
>>
i don't know, i bet there's some great open tunings that haven't been properly exploited lurking on the extended range guitars. i found me a crazy open tuning on a six string that i was able to pull damn near twenty songs out of - i think the same can still happen with a seven string, eight, nine string.

just depends on the person using it.
>>
>>63237139
Nice guitar, but does it djent?
>>
>>63237378
And "djent" is by far the most meme of meme genres

This shit seriously needs to just go away
>>
>>63237139
literally who cares

the only people who buy these monstrosities are shitty speed metal players
>>
>>63237139

The fad will die when we grow a sixth finger...and we get 9 string guitars...

So what's your sorry excuse for life?
>>
when will the "loud electric guitar" meme die?
>>
>>63238226
We already have 9 strings.
They're basically 5 strings basses + 6 string guitar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWRXKdR93Y

>>63237288
You don't even need open tuning to get crazy on 8 strings, you already have a massive range.
Apparently Ralph Patt tuned a 7 string in major thirds, so he had the same range as a 6 string but had completely different voicings.

>>63237721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lBOgvLam90

>>63238252
When the loudness war ends.
>>
>>63237721
Which is shit anyway. Speed is fine when it's done well. But they whole "shred for the sake of shredding" thing needs to die
>>
>>63238445

>that guy with the 9 string guitar

this video is a great reminder of how much better of a musician and songwriter Tosin is than any of his peers in the instrumental djent scene he more-or-less invented

Also, Mestis is cool, it's like mexican Ephel Duath
>>
>>63239245
>instrumental djent scene he more-or-less invented
Tosin Abasi didn't invent djent and his playing is closer to progressive metal or even Jazz Fusion, take the breakdowns and open string chugs out of AAL and they still can play something, they wouldn't be able to if they played djent.
Djent comes from retards who wanted to imitate Meshuggah without being able to an interesting atmosphere, the word "djent" even comes from an interview of Fredrik Thordendal where he described the sound of his guitar.

Also Kobong had the exact same guitar sound before Meshuggah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwT-vhARlng
>>
I feel like instead of adding an extra string to make some monstrosity you're better off learning an extra instrument to make your music more diverse.
>>
>>63239456

I know where the fuck djent came from. I'm saying that AAL started this trend of one dude with an 8 string and programmed drums chugging about

As opposed to Meshuggah, who just kept doing their thing, and the more poppy/engineered stuff from Tesseract and Periphery
>>
>>63237139
never heard Tony McAlpine huh?
>>
>>63240262
Yeah, and he's probably the most under appreciated of the 80s "shredders".

Guys like Satriani, Vai, Gilbert, Friedman and Becker all got huge, but McAlpine just never quite made it like they did.

He's still popular, but he's a very niche artist, which is too bad, he's probably the best out of them all
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.