[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/NOISE/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: R-8236319-1457700524-1122.jpeg.jpg (32 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
R-8236319-1457700524-1122.jpeg.jpg
32 KB, 500x496
Geroresurrection edition

The Gerogerigegege - Moenai Hai (燃えない灰)

CD, 500 copies, to be released on 4/20 by Jun Konagaya's label Eskimo Records

Will this be a grand return to form? An absolute disappointment? Place your bets here
>>
>>63229503
Betting its gunna be good & the one guy who spammed his "why is /noise/ bad" posts is gunna lose his shit when its talked about.

& btw, to the guy who requested the IRM album, i upped it in the last thread.
>>
so is all noise edgy, cringeworthy bullshit like the gerogerigegege and whitehouse or is some of it actually intelligent and interesting?

i'm way into the idea of noise music but in practice this shit always comes off as music for angsty teenagers out to prove to their friends how FUCKED UP AND EXTREME they are
>>
>>63229923
Agreed, I'd been getting kinda worried since it looks like the collab with The New Blockaders has been scuppered. It's just nice that Gero's getting back into things after fifteen years.
>>
>>63229503
is this an archival release or a new album? I thought Juntaro quit music and was in the hospital
>>
>>63229503
Holy fuck
>>
Inb4 disappointment
>>
>>63230287
>is this an archival release or a new album?
Combination of both, according to the new discogs entry. One track from the mid-80s, three new.

>I thought Juntaro quit music and was in the hospital
This, if it was ever actually true and not just a rumor, hasn't been the case for at least a couple years - he's been popping back up in photos with other Japanese noise types for a bit.
>>
>>63229923
>>63230085
>>63230287
>>63230325
>>63230366
wait a sec, is the gerogerigegege seen as "good" noise music? as something deserving of getting excited about?
but it's just retarded comedy music
>>
>>63230389
>wait a sec, is the gerogerigegege seen as "good" noise music? as something deserving of getting excited about?
>but it's just retarded comedy music
have you ever listened to Hell Driver?
>>
>>63230389
>but it's just retarded comedy music
Note: not a bad thing. There's more than enough room in noise for both idiotic fun and pseudointellectual navel gazing.
>>
>>63229968
Venerology by Merzbow is actually quite difficult and unsettling and also completely instrumental.
>>
>>63230085
I wouldn't lose hope yet, it may just be a surprise.
>>
>>63230439
>completely instrumental
confirmed for never actually listening to it
>>
I've never posted in a thread before, but today I tried my hand at making a short noise track.
If anyone could give their thoughts it would be great, but don't feel obliged.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1O7CFH9jJ6B
>>
>>63229923
>to the guy who requested the IRM album, i upped it in the last thread
i saw it, thank you
>>
>>63229968
>Gero
>Whitehouse
>not the most fun, unpretentious noise acts ever
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.