[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what a fucking joke music has become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
what a fucking joke music has become
>>
>>63229157
*what a fucking joke hip hop has become
>>
the lazy prick who came up with two infectiously good melodies and then proceeded to milk them dry for itunes normiebux is a lazy prick, more at 11
>>
>>63229157
i wonder what those songs would be about
>>
Mainstream hip-hop ceased to be about the music some time ago. Now all that matters is the rapper's persona
>>
>>63229226
*what a fucking joke pop rap has become
>>
>>63229451
>Mainstream hip-hop ceased to be about the music some time ago
So, do you mean the second the first maistream rapper appeared on the tv screen?
>>
>>63229157
>>63229226
>>63229410
Lol you don't think top 40 Pop has shallow lyrics with the chorus being repeated 4 times in a 3 minute song.

Mr. Cyclops being popular should have nothing to do with how much he writes. He's a good single-maker that's it, who cares. Music isn't dying because this nigga has good singles, fuck out of here rockist
>>
>>63229509

No, I don't. Many 80s and 90s rappers were way more concerned with artistry and originality. A lot of rappers today just constantly flex by talking about their money; basically, if you're insanely rich and well known it's seen as proof that your music is good. This mentality was not always the case
>>
>>63229451
>Mainstream hip-hop
It's not exclusive to hip-hop though. Pop is the exact same shit, arguably worse, because instead of having the actual artist shit out a bunch of songs in an hour you have a team of writers shitting out something equally bad for someone else to sing.

As weird as it sounds, the actual music in modern pop music is just part of the equation and just has to be serviceable and trendy.
>>
>>63229792
That's because pop and pop rap have merged.
>>
>>63229792

Hip-hop has always been a self referential genre. In rap, the artists credibility is way more scrutinized: rappers who are seen as fake gangsters, pretending to be richer than they are, etc. get ridiculed and lose their careers to that shit. That doesn't happen in pop music. Rap invented the diss track man. It's personal on a level that no other genre is
>>
>>63229876
This desu, its all just pop with rapping now
>>
>>63229157
*what a fuckin music joke has become
>>
>>63229792
>Implying pop hasn't been this way since the fifties
>>
>>63229898
>Rap invented the diss track man
cant even tell if its bait anymore
>>
>>63229972
It's not. Am I wrong?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.