[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what makes this psychedelic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: folder.jpg (125 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
125 KB, 600x600
So what makes this psychedelic?
>>
album artwork is trippy
>>
The cover
>>
Did you even listen to it?
>>
>>63201678
The electric jug.
>>
13 floor doesn't exist

that's pretty whack
>>
the sounds
>>
>>63201678
the annoying bleeps and bloops
>>
electric JUG motherfucker
OHWOWOWOWOWOHWOHSOHWOWHOWHWOHWOHWOHAOAOWHOHOHOHOHOHOHOWOWE
>>
Living oooooon monnnnnkey island

(Oowoowooowoow)
>>
this album sucks balls
you need to be baked out of your mind to enjoy this dreck
>>
>>63201901
harsh truth
definitely on the mount rushmore of "albums only good high"
>>
When you think about it, it's amazing that bands like this and The Moving Sidewalk even survived in the Republic of Texas in the mid 1960s. Sure there are albums that are considered "Psychedelic" from that time period that may be 1000x better, but considering where this came from, the era, and what people's attitudes were towards rock music and long haired hippy freaks back then, this is actually not too shabby of an album. One might want to do some further research on the band's founder, Rocky Ericson, and the shit he went through all of his life after this album came out. Makes Brian Wilson look normal.
>>
>>63202728
you sure know a lot about Texas and how racist they are towards bands made of nothing but white people. thankfully, the black people in Texas who made funk and jazz were way less harassed
>>
>>63202728
greentext it pls famalam
>>
>>63202745
Yes, but this thread was about the first 13th Floor Elevators album, and NOT about Texas jazz and funk. You want to talk about Texas jazz and funk, start another thread.
>>
>>63202750
how dense are you exactly
http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=roky+erikson
>>
>>63202777
i cba reading through some dry ass wikipedia article or some rolling stone shit. greentext is a better format for shit like this, ill pass

nice trips doe
>>
File: 1432205721289.jpg (27 KB, 517x800) Image search: [Google]
1432205721289.jpg
27 KB, 517x800
>>63202774
>OK I was wrong, so why don't you get in another thread

classy opinions, my good man :^)
>>
>>63202745
>>63202774
why are these posts invisible?
>>
>>63202865
Because what the fuck does this have to do with jazz or funk?
>>
the psychedelics
>>
File: cover.jpg (41 KB, 500x498) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
41 KB, 500x498
>>63202931
aw come on, you don't have to beg this much to be spoonfed
you can go with pic related if you want to get into Texas funk
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.