[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What artists have you gotten your parents into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: Fotolia_35157941_XS.jpg (52 KB, 405x296) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_35157941_XS.jpg
52 KB, 405x296
What artists have you gotten your parents into?
>>
i showed my mom loren connors and she really enjoyed it

also no xusosis isn't the only one who listens to him
>>
Showed my mom julia holter, said it sounded like enya

Don't think she was super impressed
>>
>>63199758
Beach House and Mac Demarco. Very accessible to older folks.
>>
Death Grips
>>
Sumo
>>
Blind Guardian
>>
File: 1455396124925.png (110 KB, 374x380) Image search: [Google]
1455396124925.png
110 KB, 374x380
None. I only share with my very special friends at 4chan
>>
got my dad into the pixies, velvet underground and my bloody valentine. I was actually kinda surprised he hadn't heard of them because he used to listen to stuff like that
>>
The Beatles
>>
File: St._Vincent_-_Marry_Me.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
St._Vincent_-_Marry_Me.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
My mom really enjoys this album but not her other albums
>>
My dad started listening to AnCo I think, I was playing it in the car when I picked him up from work I think.
>>
>>63199868
Wait.. how old are you? Did you parents just miss the boat that badly?
>>
>>63199833
my mom and sister saw Mac DeMarco.

I was listening to one of my favorite albums, Voodoo from D'Angelo and Untitled came on and my mom asked me if this was "the naked dude" I showed my dad stuff like The Fall and The Pop Group and he enjoyed it
>>
My dad loves August Burns Red.
>>
Not that these are too out there, but my mom actively listens to beach house, james blake, low roar, fleet foxes, crystal castles, gy!be and umo to name a few
>>
>>63199758
Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
File: IMG_6307.jpg (118 KB, 1003x910) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6307.jpg
118 KB, 1003x910
>>63199758
>>
I lived with my grandmum and there were a few R.E.M. songs I think she liked
>>
Mac demarco, nmh, and some ymo for my dad
>>
>>63199868
>>63199892
I need an answer to this.
>>
>>63199845
same here. My dad grew up in the late 60s / early 70s listening to guys like black sabbath and queen so it was pretty easy to get him into blind guardian.
>>
I got my mom into Pixies and Boards of Canada
>>
Planxty
>>
Animal collective, mgmt, white lies, tame impala, Melody's echo chamber, panda bear, and more than that but I can't recall. They're open minded like I am when it comes to music and I'm really glad about that. And I have to thank them for getting me into tears for fears, the cars, the police, rush, queen, etc.
>>
>>63199791
why did you kill your brother
>>
my mom loves d'angelo for some reason
>>
Now that you mention it, my parents would never ever let me influence them in any way.

My father especially never cared about what I was doing or thinking about (wealthy white "perfect family").
Many times when I called his name he wouldn't even look at me (when I was 19-20, not a child), he would usually belittle and insult me in front of other people and feel pride in doing so.

All of you people that got your parents into a band, cherish your childhood.
>>
i showed swans to my grandmother once when she asked what music i like, she usually just listens to whatevers popular on the radio but she said they sounded pretty great
>>
Me and my mom listened to Ghosts of the Great Highway and Pink Moon on a trip one time and she said she really liked them.
>>
my mother now listens to Swans, Sunn O))), assorted DSBM, Neofolk and a lot of prog rock.
>>
My mom liked father John misty and iron and wine
>>
My mom likes The National, Sigur Ros, and The Tallest Man On Earth.
>>
>>63199833
Same
>>63201012
kek
>>
Exuma

I show old people the All of the Lights interlude to show off that Kanye's not just a dumb loud mouthed nigga
>>
>>63199758
Jason Aldean and Colt Ford
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.