[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
honestly one of the best albums of the 90s and one of my favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: Painfulalbumcover.png (143 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Painfulalbumcover.png
143 KB, 300x300
honestly one of the best albums of the 90s and one of my favorite albums of all time
>>
yeah it's super underrated as far as ylt albums go
>>
>>63196777
do lucky trips call for a yo la tengo general?

pic related is better i think, it took me a while to get into it though.
>>
>>63196826
best YLT album, Cherry Chapstick makes me moist
>>
yeah OP here, this is now a yo la tengo general. saw them last year on their acoustic tour and they were one of the best bands ive seen live probably. would love to seem play a show that wasnt acoustic though
>>
Painful>And Then Nothing>I Can Hear>Fade

That's all I've listened to from them. Any rec's?
>>
File: mayisingwithme.jpg (142 KB, 608x609) Image search: [Google]
mayisingwithme.jpg
142 KB, 608x609
>>63197027
you're missing their best album m8
>>
>>63197150
scaruffi is wrong this time anon, no use in droning him
>>
>>63197150
>>63197185
I'll listen to it, thanks.

And I'll listen to it regardless of the 'ruffio. He's just as bad as the rest, but that doesn't mean that his ratings are automatically bad. Just that we would do well to ignore them.
>>
File: yo-la-tengo-popular-songs.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yo-la-tengo-popular-songs.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>63197027
this one is good, listen to electr-o-pura too
>>
>>63196990
You would not believe the energy Ira still has onstage. I saw them 1-2 years ago, they did a massive version of Pass the Hatchet, and at one point in the middle of a noise solo he ended up laying his guitar on top of his amps and literally fucking punching it. It was unreal.
>>
How come this >>63196777 doesn't get as much recognition as this >>63196826 when it's obviously superior?

>>63197027
Facebook is also fantastic
>>
>>63197431
Idk, Painful has a higher rating on RYM. I think Painful is their best followed by I Can Hear, then And Then Nothing..

Double Dare and Big Day Coming are god tier
>>
>>63197468
>Double Dare and Big Day Coming are god tier
yep
>>
>>63197376
oh man, that is amazing. they did that when i saw them and it was amazing. i cant imagine what itd be like electric
>>
>>63197468
i can hear the heart is great but yeah id still rank painful higher
>>
>>63196927
when it shreds to noise at the end HNNNGGGG
>>
Does yo la tengo have any other songs like Mr Tough?

love that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_txx4JIC6GI
>>
File: sounds.jpg (27 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
sounds.jpg
27 KB, 400x397
painful is excellent. one of my favorites, as well as this one
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.