[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>acting like music taste is some kind of competition is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: sophtware slump.jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sophtware slump.jpg
67 KB, 500x500
>acting like music taste is some kind of competition is the cancer that is killing this board

That being said, just post albums you like, man. Discuss and give recs and stuff like that.
>>
I don't like Grandaddy but you're partially right. The problem plaguing all of 4chan is trolls and memefags.
>>
>>63196085
I respect that my man
>>
>>63196020
>>
>>63196020
>acting like music taste is some kind of competition is the cancer that is killing this board
No. The over spam of memes and post-ironic memery are the cancer killing this board. It's literally impossible to have one thread without someone spamming the freshest ironic meme.

That being said, Grandaddy are fantastic. Found the main single form that album for sale in a random store in the middle of a highway, bought it for like 5 bucks.
>>
>>63196205
I agree with that too though, I think it's kinda half and half between the two, you know? But yeah Grandaddy are a favorite hidden gem of mine from that era, along with pic related.
>>
File: cover.jpg (552 KB, 800x801) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
552 KB, 800x801
>>63196020
I like this album
>>63196085
>memes
>bad
wew
>>
>>63196020
I heard about them from 28 Days Later :^)

I totally agree though, all that pleb/patrician shit is just getting autistic
>>
>>63196377
Came to /mu/ for the good discussion of music.
Stayed for the memes cuz the first one didn't exist
>>
Most don't actually care. It's just the avant teen dweebs who think they're special for disliking mucore/scarufficore and listening exclusively to twee, gamelan, pc music, list goes...
>>
>>63196732
>can't defend shit taste
>resorts to ad homenim
lmfao pleb go back to /r/music
you can talk about how sufjan gives you le feels there all you want
>>
>>63196715
I came for /mu/ for the same reason I go to /r9k/ (being bored out of my fucking mind)

most boards are a fucking void, even if they hate it most ppl come back
>>
>>63196020
thanks for posting this album, sounds great
>>
been listening This Heat - Deceit a lot this week, such a good album
>>
what do you guys think of the radio dept? some of their stuff kinda reminds me of grandaddy
>>
Summer Camp - Welcome To Condale. Underrated post OP
>>
File: Harold Budd.jpg (111 KB, 700x706) Image search: [Google]
Harold Budd.jpg
111 KB, 700x706
>>63196020
Quickspace- The Death of Quickspace
Adult Jazz- Gist Is
The Rentals- Return of the Rentals (If you want just straight-forward but good power pop)

Actually, I actually feel like this 'competition' is pretty great. It makes people (or at least made me) step out of the comfort zone and explore music that they wouldn't have cared for otherwise. This overall adds a much greater quantity and variety of music shared on this board
Otherwise there would just be a cycle of a dozen albums posted over and over again with little change

>>63196257
>>63196377
>>63198890
lol sorry don't know

Can anyone recommend minimalist/ambient jazz stuff like pic related?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.