[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we stop pretending to hate Nickelback? That meme is fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: full_nickelback_artist_photo10.jpg (3 MB, 3300x2663) Image search: [Google]
full_nickelback_artist_photo10.jpg
3 MB, 3300x2663
Can we stop pretending to hate Nickelback? That meme is fucking deader than Chuck Norris jokes. They actually have decent songs and you know it.
>>
>*random yelling noises*

Nah.
>>
agreed

fucking love them unironically
>>
I don't pretend to hate them, but I don't like them either.

Who the fuck care about Nickelback in fucking 2016 anyway?
>>
>>63191096
It is a fact that they suck, but probably not as much as people here exagerate they do.
>>
i liked them when I was like eleven. I used to pretend my own Final Fantasy/Zelda type shit and used their music as a soundtrack.
>>
I don't like 'real' grunge either*, so fuck no.

*except I guess Alice in Chains a little bit, or like '80s proto-grunge
>>
>>63191256
Agreed
>>
Their music actually feels more like Bro Country to me.

That is, like in the 'character' of the music, there's something slightly to its rhythmic sense that reminds me more of country, as well as just the tone, the kind of guys making the music (look at them, they look more like Bro Country types) as well as the demographic you know their music speaks to: big beefy regular guys in the midwest and south who otherwise listen to country.

They're also just basically occupying the same place/stage in the passage of a style that country does demographically... except country occupies that demographic and degree as a matter of self-definition, it's conservative by choice, whereas the bro-y lameness and lateness of Nickleback coming to the grunge meme so late places them at about the same degree of coolness and freshness and demographic resonance as country.
>>
Nah nickelback really are as bad as people say.
>>
>>63191550
I should have proofread that post, could have been written better, but my idea gets across.
>>
>>63191096
To be honest if a song of theirs came on the radio I would probably end up listening to it. Songs like How You Remind Me, Saving Me or the one from the Spider-Man soundtrack. I would never bother to listen to a whole album of theirs though.
>>
>>63191096
>post-grunge hate
>just a meme

Yeah right.

if there is one thing we can be sure is that people hate postgrunge.

Even some people that only know mainstream bands (from current era and few decades on the past) hate post grunge
>>
>>63191096
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>naw
>>
>>63191730
I don't. I like Faust AND Nickelback. Sup with it faggot.
>>
>>63191550
post-grunge and bro country have the same fan bases though.
>>
>>63192039
That's what I was getting at. It's made by essentially the same kinds of people for the same people. Just a few slight 'rock' signifiers thrown into postgrunge but otherwise it's the same substance, almost.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.