[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best Queen song?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: queen_ii.jpg (152 KB, 1100x1100) Image search: [Google]
queen_ii.jpg
152 KB, 1100x1100
What is the best Queen song?
>>
killer queen
>>
Killer Queen
>>
Don't stop me now
>>
March of the Black Queen is Bohemian Rhapsody but better and less underplayed
>>
White Queen
>>
The Fairy Feller's Master-Stroke/Nevermore
>>
>>63183207
This or Another one bites the dust
>>
Prophet's Song
>>
>>63183110
Any answer that isn't The Night Comes Down is objectively incorrect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJGR7FjAbS4
>>
March of the Black Queen, by a long shot.
>>
File: 1456138658525.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1456138658525.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>63183117
>>63183122
>>63183207
>>63183279
>>63183448
>>63183635
>>63183660
>>63183905
>>63183944
>>63184008

>listening to queen
>>
File: 1455769771508.jpg (142 KB, 1300x940) Image search: [Google]
1455769771508.jpg
142 KB, 1300x940
>>63184128
>not listening to queen
>>
File: 1429038529571.jpg (16 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
1429038529571.jpg
16 KB, 300x186
>>63184128
>depriving yourself from enjoying a band because Reddit likes it
>>
>>63183117
>>63183122
Probably this
>>
>>63184128
There are two Queens:

live Queen
>OMG BEST LEAD SINGER EVER!!!!
>FREDDIE MERCURY
>WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
>SO EPIC

studio Queen
>talented prog band
>studio innovators
>extremely tight harmonies
>layers upon audio layers
>>
>>63184128
>d-do I fit in yet?
>>
Sucks that the popular Queen songs are usually the bland ones from their 80s period or the weakest of their 70s work. People listen to We Will Rock You, Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free and stuff like that and assume all of their music sounds like those.

Their first couple of albums up until A Day at the Races are actually very good and marry prog with glam/hard rock almost perfectly.
>>
>>63184229
Radio Gaga is a legit good song though
>>
>>63183110
'Serious Pipes' or 'Stage Presence like Hitler'
>>
>>63184266
It is, but not even close to being among their best.
>>
Fuck all y'all, Bohenian Rhapsody is thier best song, there's a reason everyone plays it so much. Enough with your contrarian bullshit, if you pull your head out of your ass, you'll realize that if you try, you'll never get sick of anything. I've seen Wayne's World more than 150 times and I never get sick of it.
>>
>>63184296
I'm not being contrarian, I seriously think March of the Black Queen is their best song, it's probably the most complex piece Queen has ever written.

That doesn't mean I don't like Bohemian Rhapsody.
>>
The Show Must Go On
>>
>>63184161
no queen are just shit desu

HURR MAMAAAAAAAAA

IM JUST A POOR BOY NOBODY LOVES ME

YOU GOT BLOOD ON YOU FACE YOU BIG DISGRACE

their songs are like fucking shitty nursery rhymes

the only good song they have is under pressure and they didn't even write it bowie did all the work on that song
>>
Liar is GOAT
>>
Great King Rat
>>
they are all aids
>>
>>63184656
>not understanding Bohemian Rhapsody's depiction of internal conflict before an imminent death

I agree We Will Rock You is pointless rhyming shit, but come on.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 640x1136
I love you guys
All you lovr boys
Tfw we will never be old fashioned or have old fashion lover boo
>>
>>63183207

this

or I want it All
>>
>>63184908
We Will Rock You is top tier dadrock
>>
Under Pressure
>>
>>63184908
i understand what the song is about he makes it so fucking obvious that it's not even deep and i just hate all the gimmicky shit in it

oh wow he started talking like an arab
wow now he's an italian!
you should be shot for liking that drivel
>>
>>63185680
I would bet 1000 bucks that you are not an adult.
>>
>>63185736
im 18 and 70% of the people on here are not adults so who cares?
when i turn 30 am i going to finally realize that that this song is actually good?
no it stinks now and it's gonna stink 10 years from now.

anything off bowies last album is a better song about death
>>
>>63185680
"Bismillah" may be an implication that the character in the song is being judged by a religious group, considering Mercury himself belonged to a zoroastrian family.

I have no clue about the mamma mia part, maybe it was just used as an expression. But why is that so bothersome? Supper's Ready by Genesis has that Willow Farm segment that even Peter Gabriel himself admitted was just a bunch of random rhymes thrown there for laughs.
>>
>>63186125
>I'm 18

Sure you are.
>>
>>63183110
niggas in paris
>>
>>63186156
Dude I'm fucking paki and that's not what it means it's what you say when some one near you sneezes so it basically means bless you so how does that mean he's being judged you dolt?
>>
>>63186771
The fuck are you going on about? It literally means "In the name of God" or "In the name of Allah" in arabic.
>>
>>63186839
Yeah thats the dictionary definition

But faggot also means a bundle of sticks but I'm sure people have used that word to describe you plenty of times
>>
File: p55532ltjus.jpg (123 KB, 881x1146) Image search: [Google]
p55532ltjus.jpg
123 KB, 881x1146
Here's the thing about Freddie. The man had some serious pipes. He had a 4 octave range and he excelled in any octave. He wrote brilliant songs. And his stage presence was only matched by Adolf Hitler. Seriously, watch them play Radio Gaga at Live Aid and then watch a video of the Nuremburg rallies. We had better thank our lucky stars Freddie didn't go into politics or he would have taken over the world. But Queen as a whole had a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the Freddie Mercury backup band. They all made huge creative contributions to what made Queen what it is. Yes, Freddie wrore Somebody to Love, Killer Queen, and Bohemian Rhapsody, but Brian May wrote We Will Rock You, Save Me, and Fat Bottom Girls, John Deacon wrote I Want to Break Free, Another One Bites the Dust, and You're my Best Friend, and Roger Taylor wrote Radio Gaga and It's a Kind of Magic. Other bands like Nirvana for instance were not like that. Nirvana was basically just the Kurt Cobain backup band. Queen was this perfect storm of legendary talent, and Freddie was the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He was the ambassador that allowed the amazing talent of combo that was Queen to be brought into our lives. He was the prism that focused the lazer beams from the brains of Roger, Brian, and John, and amplified them until they were powerful enough to blow our minds out through our ear holes. Yes, he was the most incredible front man who ever lived, hands down.
>>
'39
>>
>>63184656
You absolute dickhead, you don't get the point, don't you ? It goes way too far above your manlet's head, way beyond your memes reach, right ?

I'm not even insulting you. I'm actually trying to make you understand what Jeff Mangum and Thom Yorke and Sufjan have a hard time teaching you : you are the ultimate pleb, you are way too concerned about what other people think about you.

Guess what ? I don't have to justify myself about music because it should be fucking ILLEGAL to hold such a trivial opinion. Queen is literaly, L I T E R A L Y the point of music.

Do you understand that I'm trying to show you that your memes are embodying your plebness ?

This could all have been different. You and I could have been friends, talking about the merits of rock, but no, NO, you just HAD to shit all the way down Freddie Mercury's masterworks because you can't handle music with social consciousness.

Guess what moron, Jesus Christ HIMSELF would have listened to Queen if he could.
>>
>>63188236
i still get douche chills every time i read this
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.