[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am i such a pleb ? I can only enjoy good melodies and enjoyable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 384x384
Why am i such a pleb ? I can only enjoy good melodies and enjoyable beats/grooves. I can't enjoy ambient/experimental music. What's wrong with me ? How to get into experimental music ? Btw i'm still struggling to get into this album without yawning. People in /mu/ like this album, so there's no reason for me to dislike it, i don't want to be put in the shitty category of music consumer.
>>
DUDE LSD LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO

DUDE DISTURBING THE BRAINS NATURAL LOGICAL EXPANSION BY SENDING IT OFF INTO WILD TANGENTS THAT SOULD NOT BE ACCESSED UNTIL A CERTAIN AGE LMAO

DUDE UNEARNED SENSE OF SUPERIORITY LMAO

DUDE SOUR GRAPES LMAO
>>
>>63182706
>people in /mu/ like this album, so there's no reason for me to dislike it

there's your problem, your logic is broke
>>
music is subjective. just enjoy what you like, knowing that your opinion is wrong.
>>
Isn't the album filled with enjoyable blues grooves, though?

Why do retards struggle so fucking much with this album?
>>
>>63182743
This is like the essential /mu/ core, r-right ? Means that if you refuse to admit the superiority of this album you're gonna be put in the shitty category in people's mind, and it's not good for my self esteem.
>>
>>63182706
Keep trying with Trout Mask Replica. If you still find yourself not enjoying it, go for some less experimental stuff.
Possibly even try music that isn't experimental, but lies outside the norm – like Kid A by Radiohead (as a random example, don't get triggered)
>>
>>63182787
Don't worry familia, i will be impressed by this album soon. Just, no, i don't like Nickelback and i don't dress and talk like their fans so please don't lump me in the same category with them.
>>
>>63182804
Post The Bend is bad to me, because it's like they're trying too hard. They've got that clever rock melodies. I need musicians that are naturally experimental and clever and unique without them trying too hard
>>
>>63182787
don't get me wrong, it's a great album, but who cares what /mu/ thinks. There are literally at any given point at least one k-pop thread in /mu/, and people here spam those Jason Aldean memes daily. So taking what /mu/ says as gospel truth is fallacious
>>
>>63182855
oops I meant this for>>63182790
>>
>>63182737
>DUDE UNEARNED SENSE OF SUPERIORITY LMAO
sounds like you m8
>>
>>63182851
They weren't trying very hard anon, in fact Yorkey was worried OKC would be panned at release
>>
>>63182851
You think OK Computer is trying too hard? I personally see RH as the opposite to you; I think Pablo Honey and the Bends didn't have them trying enough.
There's only so much conventional music you can listen to before it gets dull.
>>
File: 1443205272463s.jpg (3 KB, 90x92) Image search: [Google]
1443205272463s.jpg
3 KB, 90x92
>>63182892

Don't worry. op, this album is shit. It's the emperors new clothes effect. Even Fantanno hates it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj8UDec3Boc
>>
>>63182892
It's definitely not. Once you get used to its style, it has tracks that are catchy and memorable (Frownland) or with melodies that are otherwise fantastic (Sweet Sweet Bulbs)
>>
File: 18blthr4a4pokjpg.jpg (117 KB, 800x643) Image search: [Google]
18blthr4a4pokjpg.jpg
117 KB, 800x643
It's all about finding you're taste in what you consider different kinds of music. Maybe try something from the opposite end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7VAlw3d72s
>>
>>63182896
>There's only so much conventional music you can listen to before it gets dull.
This, just keep listening to conventional music until some day you feel like you're ready for something more experimental, OP.
>>
Well i like weezer. I'm listening to la girlz now. There's so much guilt when i'm listening to songs that can make me sing and awake. I just can't focus on enjoying experimental music, it drives me crazy. Definitely makes me feel bad about myself. But i think i should practice more, in processing experimental music.
>>
>>63182706
not sure if bait but i'll answer to your questions anyway
>Why am i such a pleb ?
dunno
>What's wrong with me ?
nothin' m8
> How to get into experimental music ?
listen to some artists and if you like it listen to more.however, you might not like some of them at the first listen.
> i'm still struggling to get into this album without yawning
don't force yourself to like any kind of music and this applies to eveyrthing(books, movies, even food) just because you think those who appreciate them are cool and you want to be validated as well
>People in /mu/ like this album, so there's no reason for me to dislike it
don't be such a drone. have some identify and NO this doesn't mean you have to be a hipster contrarian snowflake fag
> i don't want to be put in the shitty category of music consumer.
stop giving a shit about other's opinion. no one cares about your musical tastes and if they do and judge you as a whole person based on them, their existence is worthless and you shouldn't bother with them
>>
>>63182896
Tips le fedora
There's only so much experienntwl music you can listen to before it gets dull
There's only so much music you can listen to before it gets dull
>>
>>63182957
God, i'm already 22. This is like the time to put people where they belong.
>>
>>63182706

It's okay op. I don't like it either. Just because it's popular here, doesn't mean you have to force yourself to like it.
>>
>>63183003
But what do you like ?
>>
>>63182982
I don't think so. The idea with experimental music is that it's trying something new. It is intentionally different to lots of other music, so you can't really run out of it.
>>
>>63183009
vaginas. you should try'em too
>>
>>63182706
Please stop trying to like albums so you'll appear more cultured. People like you are why legitimate discussion about this sort of music is difficult.
Just listen to the stuff you enjoy.
>>
>>63182877
>no u
for you
>>
>>63182978
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
File: gae6MrN.jpg (57 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
gae6MrN.jpg
57 KB, 500x750
This album is shit, op. Anything valuable that you might get out of it is not worth slugging to the excruciating pain of listening to it tens of times. Just like there is a lot of bad mainstream music, there is also bad experimental music. Case and point. It just tries to be experiment for the sake of being experimental, losing all musicality in the process. There is nothing that you can point to that it influenced, literally shit only liked by retards because it's different. That is is the only "quality" people point out. It's "different, as if that inherently makes it good. Yes, it's just the emperors new clothes effect, probably started by the likes of scaruffi, pseudo-intellectuals who have a hard on for other people's opinions of their intelect.
>>
>>63183204
Wow why would you post this right after I'm done fapping?
Would have been even more of a quality wank. Kinda rude desu.
>>
>>63183204
you're right but who da gurl?
>>
>>63183204
But, scaruffi, /mu/ patricians, fantano, allmusic.com, and other patrician music reviewers...
>>
>>63183237
>revelation
>mental problem
>weird think
maybe they fucking like it. 'oh! you like this shit. you must have some mental problems hahaa, stop trying so hard maaaan, you're not impressing anybody ahahha, here, listen to some young thugg. have a based musical taste you moron'
>>
>>63183204
Your opinion is obvious b8 but who's the semen demon?
>>
>wanting to like poseur-core
people like you legitimize poseur's efforts in appearing as anything but plebs
>>
>>63182991
Don't rush it. Music isn't like a sport where you only have the prime time of your life to explore your physical limits. You have the rest of your days to enjoy whatever is found here, so long as you keep an open mind about what you are hearing.

Have you tried King Crimson yet?
>>
>>63183480
Oh yes, the first king crimson album and yes' close to the edge are really stunning, i really enjoy it. When talking about 'difficult' music, prog rock is the most difficult that i can also enjoy because there are so much impressive things that are digestable.
>>
>>63182790
not true. it's ok bud be yourself and before you know it you'll be into some music that other people call "experimental" and you won't even be conscious of it
>>
This still doesn't mean you are going to magically enjoy Trout Mask Replica afterwards, but you appear to me having an interest in listening to bands which like to experiment.
You should try listening to bands like Can, Faust, Neu! and Amon Duul II. Also John Coltrane, Charles Mingus and Eric Dolphy. And lots of other stuff, but you'll get there yourself if you want to.
It's pointless to find any kind of meaning in TMR. It's just music and freedom.
You don't have to worrie about other people calling you pleb or any other stuff you see in here. Just try concentrate about the music and listen to it like it's supossed. Not chating on facebook at the same time i.e. etc.
>>
File: future-islands-cover.jpg (655 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
future-islands-cover.jpg
655 KB, 1200x1200
I only really appreciated it when I was doing community service, removing blackberry bushes from a park on an island by the beach.

The album is very strange and whimsical. It's really about being crazy and silly and enjoying the weird shit that you thought was funny or the sensations that you enjoyed as a child. That's how I interpret it personally. Idk I was living in a pretty nautical/carefree environment surrounded by young intelligent people who I new very well when the album 'clicked' for me. Maybe that's what you need - to just be in an environment where you're free from judgement and any kind of negative energy.

The album is like walking into an antiques store owned by an old couple - the building is just packed with all kinds of strange old things from all over the world from many different time periods, and there's just a feeling of comfort from all of the history and artistry all around you.
>>
>>63183204
>It just tries to be experiment for the sake of being experimental
you act like beefheart grabbed a guitar and said "time to make a weirdo album!"
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.