[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fact that so many books still name George Martin as "the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 300x300
The fact that so many books still name George Martin as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" record producer ever only tells you how far rock production still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock producers are still blinded by commercial success. George Martin's productions sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore he must have been the greatest.
>>
File: Imbeingrused.jpg (428 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Imbeingrused.jpg
428 KB, 900x1200
Is Scruffy aware of his meme status here?
>>
>>63182685

god I want to beat his smug ass to shit. Beethoven, Duke Ellington and John Coltrane were far from being these unknown people that elitist loved. They were known more or less accourding to their times and have influenced all music after them, just like the Beatles.

There is nothing that you can point to that was influenced by Captain Beffheart, Faust or whatever he rated 9,5. They literally made music as weird(experimental) as possible just for the point of being weird(experimental), not for the love of music.
>>
>>63182685
>Coltrane
>not the best seller of all time in his genre

Sometimes Scaruffi straight-up just ignores facts
>>
>>63182722
Yes. Read the addon from the legendary meme pasta
"Extended note from 2010. The Beatles were not a terribly interesting band, but their fans were and still are an interesting phenomenon. I can only name religious fundamentalists as annoying (and as threatening) as Beatles fans, and as persevering in sabotaging anyone who dares express an alternate opinion of their faith. They have turned me into some kind of Internet celebrity not because of the 6,000 bios that i have written, not because of the 800-page book that i published, not because of the 30 years of cultural events that i organized, but simply because i downplayed the artistic merits of the Beatles, an action that they consider as disgraceful as the 2001 terrorist attacks."
>>
>>63182685
>Rock producers are still blinded by commercial success.
>George Martin's productions sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way)

He literally contradicts himself in two adjacent sentences. What a tool.
>>
File: ohh.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
ohh.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>63183115
kek
>>
>>63183115
>yfw this is real
>>
>>63183115
we beatles fans now
>>
>>63183115
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>63182685
your autism is showing
>>
>One last, huge point. Scaruffi insists on listing his website in the book alongside some of the greatest innovators of the past decade. While his website is reputable, putting it next to SUN or Google in terms of importance is just in poor taste. I hope they changed this in the second edition

God damn Scruffy
>>
File: 344765.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
344765.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>63183115
>we've been memeing scaruffi for 6 years at least
>>
>>63183325
newfag
>>
>>63183235
>THE
>GREATEST
>WEBSITE
>IN
>THE
>WORLD
>>
>>63183369
Actually, you're the newfag
Pleb
>>
>>63183450
k den
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.