[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck this is actually really good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: untitled.jpg (56 KB, 1035x1035) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
56 KB, 1035x1035
what the fuck this is actually really good
>>
it's alright
>>
GKMC = UU > TPAB

In my opinion family. I think TPAB is a 7 or 8 out of 10 for reference. I really like Kendrick. I wish we could talk about him without cuck memes.
>>
GKMC >UU > TPAB = S80
They are all at least 8.9s tho
>>
Is it too early to say that its his best work yet?
>>
>>63173861
WE GON BE ALRIGHT
>>
>>63173982
I generally agree with this. UU and TPAB are very close personally
>>
>>63173906
>>63173982
GKMC > UU >TPAB > S80 > s/t

all good though
>>
>>63173984
Untitled 3 might be one of the best songs he's ever written. It's an instant classic, right up there with Sing About Me/Dying of Thirst
>>
>>63173823
>what the fuck
are you surprised because its supposedly outtakes?
>>
>>63174065
>are you surprised because its supposedly outtakes?
yea, i expected it to be good but not one of his strongest releases
>>
>>63174059
Actually I've been revisiting his discog, and I'm pretty confident in my opinion
>1 SAB/DoT
>2 Blacker the Berry
>3 Untitled 3
>4 Rigamortis
>5 The Art of Peer Pressure
>>
TPAB > GKMC > UU > 80
>>
>>63174191
Exact same as mine. 100%
>>
>>63174552
I've never met a person with better taste than me. Congratulations.
>>
>>63174552
>>63174675
why dont you two go blow each other
>>
I like it. Songs are as good as the ones off his two albums, but the fact that it's a compilation makes it less of a cohesive project. One thing I like about Kendrick is his ability to tell a really good story, and that's not really here. Still something I'll revisit a lot. I think I liked track 2 the best?
>>
If you had to give each track a name, what would you call them?
Mine:
>Revelations
>Get God On The Phone
>Whatcha Say?
>Head (Interlude)
>That Means The World To Me
>Let Me Explain
>Levitate
>Blue Faces
>>
3 and 8 are the best, should have been on TPAB. 7 is just shit.
>>
How the fuck do people think this is better than TPaB? It's got some great tracks but it has too much filler (see untitled 4 and second half of untitled 7) to be considered even close
>>
>>63175393
Being shorter can be an advantage percentage wise so they may have a point but thats not the only criteria.
>>
>>63173982
this
>>
>>63175393
End of 7 is definitely filler, but 4 has some really cool, different shit going on. It feels like a snippet of post-rock era Talk Talk stopped by to help Kendrick
>>
File: Ccq7ldYWAAAyMoZ-1000x600.jpg (65 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Ccq7ldYWAAAyMoZ-1000x600.jpg
65 KB, 1000x600
This group of "demos" feels more cohesive and rewarding than TPAB could ever be.

TPAB is definitely an album I can "respect," but I do not find myself going back to listen to all of it.

UU's brevity is one of its greatest strengths.

GKMC = UU > TPAB = S80
>>
I really do too. I like the direction Kendrick is taking his music too it's creative and has a ton of emotion, I'm surprised how many fans he has lost with this jazz/mood shift.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.