[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Record Store Day 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: Unknown.jpg (12 KB, 258x195) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
12 KB, 258x195
>21 Pilots
>All-American Rejects
>Alt-J
>Bastille
>James Bay
>Best Coast
>Justin Bieber
>A bunch of Bowie re-issues to capitalize on his death
>Bring Me The Horizon
>CHVRCHES
>Christopher Lee (yep, the dead British actor had a symphonic metal album)
>Death Cab For Cutie
>Mac Demarco
>Disturbed
>Dr. Who soundtrack
>Echosmith b/w Talking Heads (literally wut)
>Europe
>Five Finger Death Punch
>Florence and the Machine
>Multiple Lil Wayne releases
>Linkin Park
>Madonna
>Metallica
>Mumford and Sons
>Muse
>some new Nirvana cashgrab release
>Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
>Skrillex, Diplo, and Justin Bieber
>Sublime
>The Weekend
>Rob Zombie
>A bunch of Disney movie and other mainstream movie/tv show soundtracks
>some Hello Kitty thing

just why
>>
truly terrible and a fitting punishment for anyone that still observes this disgusting tradition
>>
Another example of consumerism exploiting a holiday. What a surprise.
>>
File: MuhCellPhone.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MuhCellPhone.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>63169258
>a holiday
>>
>>63169179
Only good thing is the Metz/Mission of Burma split, which there will be a million copies of
>>
>>63169258
it was a day based on consumerism... all along. it was always supposed to be a day to get people to go out and buy records from big money indie labels.
>>
Why didnt they invite me to play :-(
>>
>>63169179
>buying new records
yikes i can proudly say ive never bought a new record first hand. thats pathetic.
>>
>>63169179
haha. is this real.
>>
at least there's a Bill Evans
>>
>>63169179
Jesus Christ, RSD has hit a new low.
>>
>>63169179
What a shit day. Still the Mew and J Dilla releases could be worth copping. I think Diary is only coming out on vinyl through RSD.
>>
Does Mac DeMarco really deserve to be thrown in with the rest of these people? I mean he's not great, he just does the same fucking thing but what he does is pretty chill. I don't get why he's stuck in here with Fiver Finger Death Punch and 21 Pilots.
>>
>>63169215
>>
>>63170409
because like them his target audience is teens with crosleys.
>>
I wasn't even aware of this day's existence.
What a meme.
>>
>>63169179
Dr. Who's season 5 soundtrack isn't bad if I'm honest. I'd never buy it on vinyl though
>>
Circa Survive is releasing a new single on a 7 inch split with Mewithoutyou
>>
I saw some 12 inch single reissues and thought why the fuck is that being repressed. Why not just repress the whole album, a single is a waste
>>
>Inb4 "HURR WHY DO YOU CARE IF PPL BUY VINYL YOU DONT LIKE"
I think all of us here couldn't give less of a shit if you wanted to buy your Justin Bieber picture disk or your 21 Pilots 7". I'm just pissed that there's *nothing* I like. People have been shitting on RSD for a few years now, but even at RSD2014 and RSD2015 there were a few cool (if overpriced) new records from my favorite indie and experimental bands. I dont mind mainstream stuff being at Record Store Day, it just makes me very sad that that means none of what I like is there
>>
Only good artist out of those is Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. The rest are shit
>>
>>63170712
Why don't you go to a used record shop?
>>
>>63169215
>being this hyperbolic
>>
>>63169179
where'd you get the list?
>>
>>63170409
this. as long as we take alt-j, chvrches and florence out of here too
>>
>>63170409
It's just that he's super entry level indie and this release is just shitty demos being put out as a cashgrab because his fans will buy it.
>>
>>63170936
http://pitchfork.com/news/63996-record-store-day-2016-announces-release-list/
>>
>>63170736
Fuck off Montie
>>
>pitchfork forgetting shadowy men on a shadowy planet's 4 LP boxset
baka fambly
>>
>>63169258
do you want them to give out free records?
>>
>>63170635
Only notable thing I've read about thus far.

...I'll probably still go.
>>
File: 1457441188440.webm (317 KB, 800x674) Image search: [Google]
1457441188440.webm
317 KB, 800x674
>>63169179
>some new Nirvana cashgrab release

what the hell else is there to push out that hasn't been sold for cashgrab?
>>
>>63173215
They really shouldn't be putting anything out at all at this point
>>
>>63169179
>Echosmith
Literally who?
>>
>>63173820
manufactured major label "indie" band who had a top 40 hit about a year ago or so and the singer is some 17 year old chick that waifutards on /mu/ posted about for a little while
>>
>Vinyl

holy shit
>>
>>63169179
>>63169179
I love dcfc early albums but why are they still trying to stay relevant? I feel like it's time we put them and modest mouse to rest.
>>
>>63169179
There were a few Bowie releases the last couple years.
>>
Only interesting things on the list for me were the Dead Kennedys live album and maybe the Outkast single. The rest is disappointing.
>>
Anyone else think these might just sit on the shelves or not go for ridiculous resell prices?

Either way I will be attending for the sales.
>>
>>63169461
same man. I only buy my records if they're organically fed and free range!
>>
>hello kitty
10/10
>>
>>63169348
might be picking up that, also want to pick up the 808 state and ODB records and that C86 one if i can get my hands on it.
>>
>>63175519
yeah 808 State - Pacific is fucking GOAT
>>
>>63170712
Yeah, it sucks man. I remember the first few RSDs always had at least a dozen things I wanted. I was disappointed to notice how I want fewer and fewer things each passing year.

This is the first year where I felt there was nothing I really wanted. Sucks man. I might still go, the only reason being the free beer and seeing my friends that work my record store.
>>
FUCKING GLASS HANDED KITES WHAT THE SHIT
>>
I've been getting less and less every RSD. It's gotten pretty lame the past few years. There is a least a few foreign music comps I wanna grab and maybe the C86 reissue though.
>>
File: 1384312493228.gif (879 KB, 229x188) Image search: [Google]
1384312493228.gif
879 KB, 229x188
>>63169179
>RSD 2016

I've gone every year since 2011 and I might just skip this year. Or try pick up the 808 state release and a few used records while I'm there. If the line isn't around the block...
>>
>>63173084

Big discounts could be nice too.
>>
>>63169179
There actually is quite a lot of nice stuff like The Dictators and an Ian Brown album
>>
So happy no one on /mu/ cares about Pinback. Easily the best release this rsd.
>>
>>63170712
That's the stupidest possible reason to be annoyed with RSD, get angry about it taking up all the presses with gimmicks, and shops not being able to choose what they get.
>>
gerard way hype
>>
The only one I'm getting for sure is the Mike Oldfield MGS picture disk. Although I am interested in Xiu Xiu plays the music of Twin Peaks, but I'll have to listen to that before I get it I think.
>>
Vinyl is normalfag shit now. So are casette tapes.

All the cool people are back on CDs.
>>
>>63178444
Yeah this is the shitty thing. Getting a record pressed in the spring has gotten absolutely ridiculous.
>>
>>63176253
Is it worth copping, senpai? I haven't listened to Mew yet, it's on my bucketlist.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.