[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
they didnt even tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg (373 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Troutmask_COVER600px.jpg
373 KB, 600x600
they didnt even tried
>>
What song should I listen to get into the album?
>>
>>63165289
Stab safety pins into your eardrums. It's shit.
>>
>>63165301
how come so many people like it?
>>
File: turtle.jpg (9 KB, 252x150) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
9 KB, 252x150
>>63165289
The first track, like you would any other album.
>>
>>63165317
posercore
>>
>>63165317
Because some internet critic and a bunch of meming faggots on /mu/ told them to and they listened to it until they could tolerate it.
>>
>>63165337
>posercore
i never heard this term before thanks for bringing it to my attention friend
>>
I really don't get all the discussion around this album. It's not that weird, it's not that insane. Takes 2 listens, maybe, to digest.
>>
>>63165425
I blame pretentious tryhards.
>>
i skip the a cappella songs and its all good
>>
>>63165344
this
>>
this album is good
>>
>>63165425
this.

first listen through was kind of hard to get the layers but on second listen i could pick them and listen to how they interact. i still love the album and it's not that obtuse.
>>
>>63165425
The first song is weird (but less so in context) so if its all you listen to you think the album is weird
>>
>>63166005
I don't know if you guys just don't remember how normal music sounds but this album is weird. It takes an extremely liberal approach to making music that sounds good.
>>
>>63166035
I mean overall it's pretty weird but the vast majority isn't that much weirder than a lot of /mu/core (MPP, Spiderland, etc.) whereas the first song is much weirder
>>
>>63166035
do u even free jazz
>>
>>63166077
I mean yeah, if you spend all your time listening to tryhard 4chancore this might not seem weird, for everyone else, it's weird and obtuse.
>>
>>63166109
You have a tenuous grasp on the concept of jazz. You're obnoxious in the other thread to and I'm filtering your high school bullshit.
>>
>>63166146
>You have a tenuous grasp on the concept of jazz.
ur a fuckin neckbeard and its hilarious
>>
>>63165289
Moonlight on Vermont is possibly the easiest and best song.

Ella Guru and the last two sides of the record have some strong blues pulsing throughout. Try it from there senpai.
>>
>>63166111
Right but even on 4chan lots of people claim that tmr is shit/avant-teen/whatever
>>
>>63166197
Pretty liberal use of the word blues. Sloppily using the pentatonic doesn't make it blues.
>>
>>63166209
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment.
>>
>>63166235
he didn't say it was blues he said that it demonstrated a blues element

you're too much of a sperg even for this board, really
>>
>>63165425
Scaruffi said it was the best album, so we must talk about it
>>
>>63166255
Of course you do.
>>
>>63166406
What're your qualifications chief?
>>
>>63165096
I love how this album upsets so many people
>>
>>63166434
First thing I do when I wake up is listen to TMR. Then I have breakfast, soybeans of course. After I eat I have my shower where I listen to Trout Mask Replica again. As a cleanser, I like to go for a run where I typically listen to a lighter album like Safe As Milk or even Bongo Fury. When I get back it's lunch time and I'll listen to Trout Mask Replica while I mash my soybeans. While I eat I like to enjoy a nice documentary, specifically one about Captain Beefheart. Following that extended screen time I like to keep my mind sharp with some reading. So I'll read and interpret the lyrics to Trout Mask Replica, of course I have the album playing in the background so I'm 100% focused.
By now my day is going pretty good and I usually want to share it with somebody else. So I'll call up some friends to hang out. We like to play basketball, play tabletop RPGS and watch movies together but mostly we listen to Trout Mask Replica. After we all listen to the album together in our listening circle we head back to my place for dinner where I serve up a mean soybean. Just for the sake of ambiance, I'll play Trout Mask Replica in the background. Dinner conversation tends to be lively as we each share our favorite moments from Trout Mask Replica.

My friends go home after this and while it was fun, it's time to prepare for another big day tomorrow. I'm only human so pardon me if this is graphic but I do enjoy a bit of masturbation before I sleep. I'm not really adventurous, I masturbate to vanilla, lesbian sex and oral but mostly just the cover art of Trout Mask Replica. Following that I clean myself up and unwind with a bit of music; Trout Mask Replica being my favorite. That's when I hop into the shower for a brief and relaxing warmth, I'm pretty clean by now I just want to ease up my muscles. Then it's time for bed. Being something of an audiophile I like to listen to music while I sleep. After I hit play to start up the song "Frownland" I drift to sleep.
>>
>>63166556
never gets old
>>
>>63165289
When Big Joan Sets Up
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.