[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
metal is superior genre, only retards think otherwise New wave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1
File: 3803580-4424928883-heavy.jpg (98 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
3803580-4424928883-heavy.jpg
98 KB, 752x1063
metal is superior genre, only retards think otherwise

New wave tried to destroy the metal
But the metal had its way
Indie then tried to dethrone the metal
But the metal was in the way
Rap tried to destroy the metal
But metal was much too strong
Techno tried to defile the metal
But techno was proven wrong
Yeah!
>>
>>63155407

>cringe thread

you are doing it right
>>
Tenacious D sucks and their lyrics aren't funny.
>>
b8 thread
but yeah, if you think metal is bad you're just an ultra-pleb that probably doesn't know much about music.
>>
>>63155407
its time to grow up dude
>>
>>63156452
This. OP's post is obvious b8 but if you unironically think "le meal is for children xddd" you're a massive fucking pleb and are incredibly ignorant
>>
>>63155407
>Rap tried to destroy the metal
implying that music is a competition
>>
>>63156452
They're not bad musicians. It's just bad music.
>>
>>63155407
>Techno tried to defile the metal

t. people who probably don't know what techno really is
>>
>>63157276
Depends on what metal, it's a very broad genre.
Everyone obviously has their own taste and I bet you haven't listened to enough metal to categorize it as bad.
>>
>>63157514
I feel like I've probably listened to more metal than you in addition to going to hundreds of metal concerts.

Obviously I haven't listened to every metal band in the world, but I've been exposed to enough of it to know that it's shitty.

I grew out of it around age 17.
>>
>>63157601
>I feel like I've probably listened to more metal
>I grew out of it around age 17
I doubt it because anyone who really likes metal doesn't "grow out of it", especially not at that young age.
Also what kind of metal concerts did you go to?

It's also really interesting that you mention hundreds, because that would mean you'd spend a ton of money and time on concerts, something that is doable in the course of years and with the money an underaged probably doesn't have.
>>
>>63157675
>I doubt it because anyone who really likes metal doesn't "grow out of it"
No true Scotsman fallacy.

>Also what kind of metal concerts did you go to?
A lot of local stuff, a lot of touring underground stuff, the odd big name here and there. I'm not going to list it all for you, sorry.

>It's also really interesting that you mention hundreds, because that would mean you'd spend a ton of money and time on concerts, something that is doable in the course of years and with the money an underaged probably doesn't have.
I started going to concerts when I was 10, started playing drums when I was 13, and got a part time job when I was 14. Most of the shows were like $5-15. The shows I played myself I got in for free.

I'm not sure why you don't believe I am of the opinion that metal is shitty. Music is largely subjective.
>>
>>63157781
>Music is largely subjective
that's true but it's just that most people who spout memes like: "when did you grew out of metal?" are insecure pricks who either never really liked metal in the first place or listened to shitty scene shit and mainstream metal, or both.

Not saying you are though, it just seems odd to "grow out" (god damn I hate that word) of something you love and are passionate about at such young age.

Personally I listen to a vast variety of stuff and metal is just part of it, I find myself not always liking the same stuff but dismissing the whole genre seems silly.
>>
>>63157816
>it just seems odd to "grow out" (god damn I hate that word) of something you love and are passionate about at such young age.
This isn't odd at all and is actually extremely normal and common. Kids grow out of things they love all the time as they age.
>>
A lot of my favourite albums of all time are 'metal' albums, but I fucking loathe the genre as a whole and most of the metalhead's I've known in my life. Not into elitist's, skinheads and just general assholes, whoops.

Not saying all metalheads are, but it's a large enough portion of the demographic that I actively try and separate myself from it.
>>
objective opinion incoming: metal is shit >>63157905
>>
>>63157781
so you claim that all metal is bad when your knowledge is limited to shitty local acts no one wants to listen to?
>>
I've tried to get into metal but I guess I'm not a big fan of aggressive music.
>>
>>63157932
>your knowledge is limited to shitty local acts no one wants to listen to
But my knowledge is not limited to that. I also listened to music at home too, you know. The metal bands I saw live were something like 10% of the total metal I listened to.
>>
>>63157861
I feel like music is different though because it's art.
I can definitely imagine growing out of certain styles and sounds of metal and I have experienced this since I've started listening to metal, but metal is so incredibly broad that I don't see anyone who is really into it grow of it just like that.

Especially when you consider how many people (on this board and outside of it) associate music with image a lot, it makes it hard for me to take people serious who say they've grown out of metal and are now real mature listening to post-rock and jazz. (not dissing those genres as I love them both)

Basically it just makes you look like a tool who is too worried about what people think of them and don't dig for the stuff that they would still like.
>>
>>63157995
>I feel like music is different though because it's art.
But it's not different. People's tastes in music change and evolve all the time. It honestly feels like adult metal fans are the only exception to this rule.
>>
>>63158027
>People's tastes in music change and evolve all the time.
That's what I was saying, I don't like any of the metal bands I used to listen to when I was 14 except for a few.

Think about the other point I made, I just get the impression that you weren't really that into the music or you only listened to shitty metal.
>>
>>63158102
Name what you consider to be the top 10 metal bands of all time and I'll tell you which ones I listened to.
>>
>>63158126
Name dropping isn't really an indicator that you're actually into the music though, I've seen this a lot with people including my metal friends.

But for the sake of it, here it goes in no particular order:
Electric Wizard
Iron Monkey
Melvins
Bolt Thrower
Isis
Melvins
Bölzer
Godflesh
Eyehategod
Urfaust
>>
>>63158126
Not him but going anyways

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Tool - Lateralus
Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Burzum - Hviss Lyset Tar Oss
Isis - In The Absence Of Truth
Slayer - Reign In Blood
Amebix - No Sanctuary
Liturgy - The Ark Work
Animals As Leaders - Joy of Motion

These are just personal favourites, and I tried to include different styles of metal I like rather than sticking to one or two
>>
>>63158254
And looks like I'm so tired that I posted albums instead of acts, oh well. Rate
>>
>>63158217
So I can see you're into a lot of stoner/doom/sludge type shit.

I saw Isis live around 2006 or so. Electric Wizard, Melvins and Eyehategod were also bands I listened to frequently and enjoyed.

>Name dropping isn't really an indicator that you're actually into the music though
I'm not sure how else to prove to you that I liked them. All I can do is state that I liked them.

>>63158254
I used to listen to Emperor, Tool, Sabbath, Slayer and had a brief stint with Animals As Leaders during the years where my tastes expanded.

>Burzum
Varg isn't metal, but I dislike him and his music about as much as I dislike metal.
>>
>>63158328
Not separating the artist from the art just screams immaturity to me
>>
>>63158385
I'm assuming you're referring to Burzum, and I do separate his music from him as a person, and dislike both based on their merit individually.
>>
>>63158328
>varg isn't metal
Hello retardation
>>
>>63158418
The only material I heard was incredibly mediocre dark ambient. If any of his solo work involves metal, I haven't heard of it and was previously unaware of it.
>>
>>63156452
out of hundreds of metal bands i know, only few of them make music worth listening
>>
>>63158436
If you thought Burzum was "mediocre dark ambient" you have just proven to everyone that you're a massive fool and possess no knowledge of metal at all.
Filosofem and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss are both metal classic that everyone should've heard
>>
>>63158460
>no knowledge of metal at all
Imagine being this delusional.
>>
>>63158486
Okay well then what did you think of those records?
>>
>>63158328
If you're genuine about having liked it I honestly think you're kind of an odd case though because most people who claim to outgrew metal were are mostly insecure people who worry too much about image like I've said before.
This is something you can't deny, it simply is true.

Also:
>Varg isn't metal, but I dislike him and his music about as much as I dislike metal.
You clearly haven't heard early Burzum albums, they helped pioneer second-wave black metal and were all excellent records.
>>
>>63158505
Every Burzum track I've ever listened to was horse shit terrible. I don't know/remember the names of the albums or songs I've heard, sorry. I've never been a fan, and It's been a very long time.
>>
>>63158526
>You clearly haven't heard early Burzum albums
This is probably true. Post a link to a track and I'll tell you right now if I enjoy it or not.
>>
>>63158567
I don't really see the point since you have made it clear that you don't like any metal whatsoever.

Here is a link anyways: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiHMy6V5Qjc

Here is some with ambient fused in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wry9G6rcdQw
>>
>>63158526
>most people who claim to outgrew metal were are mostly insecure people who worry too much about image like I've said
This is a pretty big cop out, in my opinion. It sounds like you're desperately trying to find a way to explain why people grow out of metal without even entertaining the possibility that people's music tastes change as they grow up.
>>
>>63158599
just please stop arguing with someone who's clearly trying to miserably waste your time by getting you to pay attention to him
>>
>>63158599
>I don't really see the point since you have made it clear that you don't like any metal whatsoever.
If you think inquiring about my taste in metal is redundant, why did you ask me what I thought about Burzum albums?

Perhaps you are the one who is retarded.
>>
>>63157601
I had my can't stand metal phase, I was really pretentious and I only listened to prog and old school blues. Then I turned 16.
>>
>>63158620
Maybe, I just get kinda tired of seeing it being meme'd on this board all the time and knowing how /mu/ is obsessed with image it makes me doubt that the people who post that kind of shit actually were into metal at all.

Also I'm speaking from personal experience, most people I've met who have mentioned them previously liking metal music but having "outgrown" it either listened to Slipknot and Limp Bizkit or Bring me the horzion and Avenged Sevenfold.

Unfortunately, it simply is true most of the cases.
Also I have considered the possibility, I'm just speaking for personal experience.

>>63158623
I probably should since there isn't really a point anymore, though I was just initially curious what he had to say.

>>63158646
I never called you retarded, I actually try to keep hostility separate from serious discussion.

>why did you ask me what I thought about Burzum albums?
If you want to share it what you think of them go ahead, I didn't link those songs for nothing.
>>
>>63158731
>I never called you retarded, I actually try to keep hostility separate from serious discussion.
My bad, I thought you were this guy:
>>63158418
>>
>>63158550
this is a mediocre troll, but it worked seeing as you got this guy to list metal albums for you to pretend to know about
>>
>>63158766
I'm not pretending. I had a genuine passion for metal as a teenager that I no longer have. Why is this so hard to believe?
>>
>>63158795
nice try
>>
>>63158795
What do you listen to nowadays?
>>
>>63158731
>Slipknot and Limp Bizkit or Bring me the horzion and Avenged Sevenfold.
I didn't even like these bands when I was into metal.
>>
>>63158817
>Slipknot and Limp Bizkit or Bring Me the Horizon and Avenged Sevenfold

confirmed for not metal in the slightest, mallcore stuff every reasonable person grows out of
>>
>>63158815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChF2N9Ny8y0
>>
>>63158877
confirmed for bait
>>
>>63158815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKgjIDqiWj4
>>
>>63158905
*tips fedora*
>>
>>63158924
Hey, at least I don't have girl hair.
>>
>>63158950
>tipping intensifies
>>
>>63158924
but anon >>63158905 and >>63158877 are really good

thanks to the poster btw for avishai
>>
>>63155407
the only thing that will "destroy metal" are the fucking retarded fans, like the ones itt
>>
the people who "hate" metal also seem to be the same sort of people who hate rap

Meanwhile a lot of metal heads I've known also love rap a lot as well

Beyond that people listen to awful stuff like Slipknot or exclusively dad core metal seem to be the sort who "grow" out of it
90% of the time due to being made fun of irl for acting like knobheads, meanwhile they move on to equally trashy pop-indie bands
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.