[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meta/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
I know I'll get ridiculed for complaining about /mu/, but honestly has this board gotten this bad? Where did everyone go?

I grew up and went through most of my teenage years lurking /mu/ gradually broadening my horizons to diverse and interesting music that I can seriously say had an effect on my life. I now look through the catalogue and am in disbelief of how saturated this imageboard is with low quality, low reply threads. It honestly makes me reflect and feel sentimental about whatever loose community this board once had. I feel like what was once a unique board has fallen to people who like "I wish I was at home listening to swans"-esque facebook pages and pollute this board with memeish faggotry.

Perhaps it is that I just have come to know more people in real life that represent the trash that floods this board with reposts and redundant opinions. I honestly believe that this was once a place where most users held a unique opinion that prompted some fun back and forth discussion and maybe even a laugh here or there.

I won't forget what I learned here, but I will always feel pained when I see some trendy faggot dickwaving /mu/ humor on facebook, trying to get attention off jokes that have been beat like a dead horse. This aren't feelings of elitism I have, they are feelings of sadness. I loved this board with all of my heart, it even helped me decide on a career. I can't even bring myself to reply to threads these days...
>>
>>63151500
I agree, anon. This board is nothing but top 40 garbage now. This board had a huge impact on my life too, and now it's all Jason Aldean and Kanye West.
>>
>>63151550
>now it's all Kanye West
So you literally got here a month ago or what?
>>
I work at a very popular record store. I literally see the people who buy records in my city. I can tell who is a normie who looks at charts all day and who is genuinely into music. /mu/tants are cancerous. They always buy the same shit. They talk the same. They're all kids, and they'll all annoying meme-spouting shitlords.
>>
>>63151606
Kanye got popular around 2010 when Pitchcuck gave MBDTF a 10.

Before that, it was mostly metal and indie rock.

Looks like you're the newbie.
>>
>>63151636
Yeah. That's my point. It's been 6 fucking years. I'm being serious right now. It's been 6 years. If Kanye West posts ruined this board for you, you've been wallowing in your own shit for 6 years. You've lost your right to complain. Fuck off or get over it.
>>
>>63151613
The strange thing to me is that these neo-/mu/tants want to be so outy about their newfound hobby. I'm not saying they don't have a right to purchase and enjoy their music but honestly I've experienced so many facebook posts about "recent cops" with the same fucking Deafheaven album. I swear this happens every week. Maybe this is something I would have done 4 years ago when I didn't know better but I think they should know better at this point.

This goes beyond Crosley/UO-Core kids, they can do whatever they want and enjoy popular alternative music. I'm hardly even mad about that, it's just trendy. I just find that part of the appeal of /mu/ for me was that it hid comfortably in the shadows while remaining accepting yet tight-knit.

Yes though, WHY THE FACEBOOK PAGES STOP PARTICIPATING IN THE ASSIMILATION OF THIS SUBCULTURE TO SOCIAL MEDIA ON A MASS SCALE
>>
>>63151550
what's wrong with kanye west
>>
>>63151910
Personally, I feel like Kanye West is an interesting figure in music worth discussing on a fairly regular basis. However, when was the last time you've seen a discussion on Kanye that genuinely intrigued you? I'm not claiming that this board was once filled with intellectuals, but I recall days where Yeezy threads produced OC and opinions supporting a multitude of views. Most of the time I'm lurking these types of threads I feel like I'm better of going to some subreddit where people are actually concerned about the identity tied to their opinions instead of just shitposting redundant crap. Or maybe just log off completely and keep my opinions to myself.
>>
File: Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg (3 MB, 2478x1840) Image search: [Google]
Recent Vinyl Purchases.jpg
3 MB, 2478x1840
>>63151792
"OMG BRO, I just got a sick CROSELY vinyl player, and I'm here to pick up some dope ass vinyls for my collection. I picked up some Kanye West, some Lorde, some Mac DeMarco, some Taylor Swift, and some CLASSICS like Neutral Milk Hotel, King Crimson, and Godspeed. I guess you could say that my taste is pretty eclectic. I know a lot about music because I read Pitchfork and watch The Needle Drop. I also pay $500 for tickets to shitty festivals like Coachella so I can see The War On Drugs play their watered down, modernized take on classic rock and listen to Kanye cover Bohemian Rhapsody. By the way, did you watch the Grammys last night? Beyonce was amazing. I'm also into obscure stuff like Animal Collective and My Bloody Valentine though. I'm sooooo weird lol"

- 90% of our customers
>>
File: 1430977984968.jpg (46 KB, 441x525) Image search: [Google]
1430977984968.jpg
46 KB, 441x525
>>63152148
>>
File: brain damage.jpg (24 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
brain damage.jpg
24 KB, 500x375
Let me guess, you think the "good old days" were 2012.

You're more cancerous than every boogeyman you talk about combine. End yourself.
>>
>>63152680
>>63152680

>>
>>63152148
damn dude, shit's getting rough out there.
>>
/mu/ was pretty decent 2010-2013, got bad when all the /v/ and /pol/ morons started poring in in like early 2014
>>
>>63153285
I've recently come back to /mu/ after a long absence and I used to post and browse a lot during 08-10. It was great from what I remember. lots of active share threads, funny humor and somewhat deep discussion about music
>>
>>63153487
yes yes yes this is what I'm saying, this isn't an attempt at dickwagging but I swear its like night and day
>>
>>63151500
CooItop is dead.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.