[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/ , I feel like I made a huge mistake. One of my favourite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
/mu/ , I feel like I made a huge mistake.

One of my favourite bands is playing within walking distance of my house, so naturally I dove in and bought a ticket.

Now that the excitement has worn away a little, I can't help but feel like that was a bad idea. Going to a gig by myself seems like it would be terrifying. What if they have a no-singles policy?

/mu/ , tell me about your experiences with live performances. Any advice with how to handle heading somewhere by yourself?
>>
>>63142754
>no-singles policy?

What the fuck?
>>
filthy dumb weeabo scum
>>
>>63142766
it's a /tv/ meme
>>
you're fucked

honestly what the fuck was going through your head...
>>
Absolutely no one will care. It's not an unheard of thing.
>>
>>63142754
Just go and enjoy yourself OP
>>
lol...just go ffs. I once went into a 3 day music festival far away from where i'm based by myself. I had an amazing time. I wish i could go on vacations alone more often.
Concerts...even more, i can't remember them all i went to alone.
It's not a big deal.
>>
>>63142754
bands usually like to call out people there by themselves and make fun of them in front of everyone else, it's pretty fucking funny

they won't kick you out or anything but if they see you they'll bully the shit out of you, i wouldn't go if I were you
>>
File: tumblr_nu0q5znF7Y1un0uwqo1_1280.jpg (190 KB, 624x832) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu0q5znF7Y1un0uwqo1_1280.jpg
190 KB, 624x832
Op, i saw death grips at fitzgeralds by myself. I was upstairs and after awhile it wasn't that awkward and felt less anxious. You can do it
>>
>>63142754
Just fucking kill yourself already if life is this difficult for you. If you can't even go to a concert alone there's no helping you.
>>
Wow....
Op you better try voiding that ticket, or you'll be traced and made fun of
>>
>>63142754
you should go, i went to this underground non-profit kind of venue on my own because one of my favorite power electronics groups performed there and i dont have any friends in real life, i still had a blast and im sure youll like it if you go
>>
File: Kid.png (45 KB, 803x222) Image search: [Google]
Kid.png
45 KB, 803x222
>>63142754
The worst thing that could happen is that you'll have a funny story you can look back on.

There's a living, breathing world out there. You'd be a fool not to experience it.
>>
Do people really wear earplugs to concerts? It seems a bit extreme to me.

If you're alone, do you bring a book to read in between acts?
>>
dude i go to concerts alone all the time, i've just moved to a new city and nobody i've met here is into the same music i am into but there's been a ton of great shows that I didn't want to miss out. Just bring your phone for when there's nothing happening and enjoy yourself - once the music is playing nobody cares who they're with anyways
>>
>>63143337
Earplugs really depend on the venue, your hearing and the band. It's something you can have in your pockets and if you feel the need for them use them.
>>
>>63143337
i saw sunn o))) live and at 123 dB i kind of regret not putting in earplugs, i had ringing ears for 3 days.. on the other hand its not bad to abuse your ears as long as you enjoy yourself, youre not gonna die in a perfect unharmed shape anyway
other
>>
>>63143437
Well according to the venue they give out free earplugs if you want them but I don't want to look like a pussy
>>
Thanks for the advice /mu/, I hope Alestorm is good live
>>
>>63142754
ive have a friend who went to a gig my herself once and now gets excited when she can go by herself
its just you and your fav band
i have done it also and it was great
listen to everyone and stop being a baby
>>
>>63144206
kek
>>
>>63144332
why is that kek
>>
>>63142754
>What if they have a no-singles policy?
was this the whole point of making the thread? pretty unfunny, but I guess fitting for an anime fan.
>>
>>63144582
What's the point of posting about music on an anime website if you don't like anime? Pretty stupid, but I guess fitting for a /mu/tant.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.