[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Most talented member left after their first album >Band
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Animal Collective.jpg (16 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Animal Collective.jpg
16 KB, 259x194
>Most talented member left after their first album
>Band failed to successfully reproduce it with their next album so they moved on to other ideas
>Went on to produce multiple highly regarded albums before their breakthrough release Merriweather Post Pavilion
>Band members have admitted to taking drugs during recording sessions
>Collaborated with Boards of Canada
>Band leader doesn't like animé but has seen some of the shows so he's not uniformed
Please give me one good reason why Animal Collective isn't the modern day Pink Floyd
>>
This band sucks
>>
They're the modern day Beach Boys
>>
Beach Boys
>>
Because Pink Floyd never said anything about anime
>>
>Most talented member left after their first album
what
>>
>>63131781
>The Beatles - Tame Impala
>The Beach Boys - Animal Collective
>Pink Floyd - ?
>>
>>63131776
The only reason I see them being even close to the modern day Pink Floyd is that they are the best band of the decade they made the most music in.
>>
>>63131811
yeah,

what
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gN-bXwtJ1s

I seriously cannot fucking wait long enough for Deakins' album
Jesus fucking Christ
>>
>>63131811
Avey Bear
>>
>Band leader doesn't like animé but has seen some of the shows so he's not uniformed
Fuck you got me there buddy.

Some days I want an honest discussion about Animal Collective and their merits because jesus christ I've never listened to so much shit from one band only to be impressed by some of the tracks they've produced.

>>63131844
Like this shit is pretty good but it makes me think they're the indie rock equivalent of throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.
>>
Cause they're closer to Beach Boys musically
>>
>>63131829
The beach boys angle only applies to MPP and PW
The pink floyd angle applies to all of their albums
>>
>>63131894
I don't hear any Pink Floyd in any of their other albums
>>
>>63131894
Have any good comparisons that justify them being similar?
>>
>>63131776
the modern day floyd is Mercury Rev
>>
>>63131787
>>63131795
There are certain vague spiritual parallels in later albums, and, yeah, Panda Bear's voice, but the Beach Boys started as a (really good) teenybopper band.
>>
>>63132017
>Merc Rev
>Modern
I'd say the modern day Pink Floyd is Flaming Lips because they too are complete hacks that people love due to their image and their fucking hippy loving shit.

But if we're being honest the one thing nearly every band has learnt from PF is not to try and make something as ego stroking and pretentious as The Wall, except one band.
We all know who the real Pink Floyd of our generation is...
>>
File: reddit memer.jpg (33 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
reddit memer.jpg
33 KB, 550x550
>>63132340
>the wall
>anything but a masterpiece
>>
>>63132340
They are the closest historical parallel. First two brilliant truly psychedelic albums directed by an eccentric leader (David Baker) who then leaves, rest of their career ends up more critically acclaimed despite being creatively watered down.
>>
>>63131829
>Implying the beach boys are less accesible than the beatles (like AnCo is compared to TI)
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.