[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is jazz progressive rock right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: darksideofthemoon.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
darksideofthemoon.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
this is jazz progressive rock right?
>>
>>63117908
it's art rock that has more to do with Sgt. Peppers than any prog rock, it's just sandwiched between some prog-influenced albums
>>
>>63117944
can you please define art rock
>>
>>63117908
it's kitsch rock
>>
>>63117908

It's easy listening with a puffed up production value.
>>
File: front.jpg (624 KB, 2639x2604) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
624 KB, 2639x2604
>>63117908
this is real prog with jazz influences, DSotM is mediocre as fuck and completely uninteresting musically with the exception of a few instrumental tracks
>>
>>63118048
>Mariachi Slipknot
>good
>>
>>63118075
whatever dude keep memeing but the band members are more patrician than Pink Floyd when it comes to PF's own music, Omar and Cedric said they were really inspired by Piper so we know they're a patrician band
>>
File: hello.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
hello.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>63117908
>it has a saxophone so that mean it's jazz
>>
>>63118112
>inspired by Piper
>patrician
no, that just means they're contrarian morons who need to be wooed by
>wow le psychedelic nursery rhymes
>>
>>63118048
Any colour you like is dope
>>
>>63118170
the actual composition of Piper's songs is on another level compared to DSotM, who gives a fuck about the lyrics
>>63118171
yeah it is
>>
>>63118048
>completely uninteresting musically
Gilmour's solo in "Time" is the epitome of guitar solos, each and every note in it has its own ultimate purpose.
>>
>>63117908
the reign of kindo is closer to jazz progressive rock
>>
>>63118483
>who gives a fuck about the lyrics
people who like music
>>
>>63118498
>epitome of guitar solos
no, it's a good solo but I find it hard to believe anyone who knows anything about guitar or has listened to a fair amount of music by bands with talented guitar players would think this. Omar has a shitload of solid to great ones on every TMV album that are at least on par.
>every note in it has its own ultimate purpose
this is a meaningless statement dude, if you like the solo then fine but don't just make up shit to try and set it apart

>>63118589
lyrics are completely irrelevant, the more important contribution of vocals to music is additional melodies, and Gilmour/Waters are not that great of vocalists. Barret was a better vocalist but he wasn't amazing either so really I don't think the vocals should be used as an example of how DSotM is better than Piper
>>
>>63118727
i bet that's how you justify liking Papa Roach
>>
>>63118811
you can't even counter my fucking arguments, better go for the low blow right

DSotM is a 6/10 album which isn't even bad but I hate everyone who dickrides it, always the same people who give every LZ and RH album a 5/5 on rym and have no other ratings or taste
>>
>>63118727
>this is a meaningless statement dude, if you like the solo then fine but don't just make up shit to try and set it apart
harmonically it is so, I don't wanna elaborate since I don't give 2 flying fucks
>>
>>63118865
woah aspergeru
I'm not even the guy that was arguing with you, i just thoght your statement was fucking stupid
but i'm not one to discuss with internet strangers so imma end it here
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.