[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinnitus/Hearing loss thread >had amazing hearing when I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: hearingloss.jpg (234 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
hearingloss.jpg
234 KB, 1536x1024
Tinnitus/Hearing loss thread

>had amazing hearing when I was younger
>could hear conversations perfectly from across the house/classroom/wherever
>started listening to loud music on the bus/train 3 years ago
>now I have 3 kinds of tinnitus and my hearing is muffled
>scared that it'll get worse but public transportation sucks too much to not listen to music

How are you anons dealing with your tinnitus/hearing loss?
>>
Waiting for that hair cell regeneration senpai. It will probably be around when I'm 40 so I hope Ill still listen to music by then.
>>
I've had it for as long as I can remember but I really only notice it when I'm in a quiet room
>>
>be me, 18
>take hearing test
>says my hearing range is between 41-51y/o

>fuck
>>
ITT: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>not having tinnitus
Do you even tortured soul?
>>
>>63114633
>3 kinds of tinnitus
enlighten me
>>
>Not wanting a 24/7 Lowercase soundtrack to your life
>>
>have really mild tinnitus
>can only hear it if there's complete silence
>like at night when I want to sleep
The cure has only one side effect. Death
>>
>>63115644
Literally pleb if you don't have tinnitus
>>
If you have tinnitus you've literally made it. You're legit now
>>
Anyone else have trouble making out what people say? Whenever my mom or my boss talks to me, especially if there's any level of background noise they sound like the teacher in Peanuts. Do I have a hearing problem or is it just autism?
>>
>>63115836
nope, same here.

i hate it cause when talking to others, it gets really annoying when you have to keep saying "huh?"

i see the annoyance on their face when i ask them to repeat what they said for the 4th time and i hate it

atleast i know im patrician tho
>>
>>63115453
*glass breaks*
>>
File: 1448881412388.jpg (16 KB, 251x240) Image search: [Google]
1448881412388.jpg
16 KB, 251x240
>go to metal concerts and never wear earplugs
>play guitar / drums loud as fuck all the time without ear protection
>listen to music with headphones on loud as fuck

>can still hear perfectly

wow enjoy your shit ears
>>
How trippy is tinnitus when you do drugs like DMT or LSD?
>>
File: 1453948822648.jpg (15 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1453948822648.jpg
15 KB, 192x154
>>63116460
why dont you go find out
>>
>>63116460
For me it was like these eerie bells ringing tones
>>
How loud do you idiots blast your music to actually lose hearing? I listen to reasonably loud music and go to shows from time to time with mild ear protection and my hearing is fine.
>>
I bet you're using ipod earbuds OP. I bet you're that dick on the bus who has to play his music at top volume because 90% of the sound leaks into the general vicinity. Go buy some proper earphones OP; the other passengers are sick of your shit.
>>
>>63117713
Ipod earbuds barely go loud enough to cause damage to anyone over 13
>>
>>63115611
1. pulsatile tinnitus (vein is too close to my eardrum or something and I can hear my heartbeat)
2. weird high-pitched wooshing noise that kind of sounds like an airplane about to touch down
3. EEEEEEEEE noise in my right ear (comes for about 3 seconds and then goes away for a few hours to several weeks)
4. really, really high pitched noise that I swear to fucking god is above the human range of hearing. this one is the most irritating by far. it makes me feel like my head is going to explode

I'm not even 20 yet
>>
>>63114633
get some noise cancelling or isolating phones man.
>>
Had to get all bones removed from my left ear now I will never hear stereo sound again :(
>>
>>63115836
>>63115998
that's either hearing loss or Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)

APD basically means part of your brain doesn't work right so it's harder for you to understand words

I have ADP and muffled hearing and I hate my life
>>
>>63118044
worked for brian wilson
>>
>>63114633
Bone conduction headphones and earplugs. Problem solved
>>
>>63114633
Custom earbuds
>>
When people say something, 50% of the time i'll reply "what?"
I'll do it even if i heard what they say, it's a habit by now
>>
>>63118302
THIS HAPPENS WHEN YOU ARE IN A BAR CALLED SCO
>>
I have the "very high pitch noise all the fucking time" type, stopped giving a shit a long time ago, tricked my brain to not listen to it anymore. The only loss of hearing I've suffered pertains to some high frequency range, but everything else is ok.
>>
>tfw had tinnitus for over half of my life
>used to just be high pitched tones
>now I get white noise along with the tones
I just want it to stop, family.
Also this thread is making me pay attention to it more and I hate it.
>>
>>63115806
kek welcome to the patrician scene everyone
>>
I only get tinnitus in absolute dead silence
The only real problems it causes me are when i go to sleep, but i solved this problem but just having a tv show running on low volume
>>
>>63118708
>not discovering new music while falling asleep/sleeping
Shake my head
>>
>>63118821
Sorry i guess im not patrician enough
>>
>>63116374
Tinnitus is rare in people under 12 years old.
>>
>>63118636
>not wanting a 24/7 harsh noise drone soundtrack to your life
senpai...
>>
>>63118121
>Bone conduction headphones and earplugs.
Had never heard of these before. Thanks.
>>
>>63119775
I'm not patrishun enough for that, yet.
>>
if you go deaf, are all albums 10/10 or 0/10?
>>
>>63118121
How do those sound?
>>
>>63119549
rekt
>>
>>63114633

This works for me a little. It works better for some people and not at all for others. Depends on why your ears are ringing I guess.

Put your palms over your ears with your fingers on the back of your head.

Touch your middle fingers together and put your index fingers on top of you middle fingers

Flick your index fingers downward into your head and it should make a low "thump" sound

Do that over and over for about 30 seconds to a minute
>>
>>63121283
thanks now i'm blind
>>
tfw I've always had tinnitus
pretty sure it's from when I was a kid and used to get really bad ear infection frequently
shit sucks but I'm used to it
>>
>>63114633
I've always had tinnitus, I don't know why. I don't know what it's like to not have it. Which is kind of good and bad because for one, it's not like I used to not have it, and now I do (which I imagine would be pretty shitty). The bad part is obvious, because I have fuggin tinnitus
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.