[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are they so worthless without Frusciante?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: Anthony+Kiedis+Chad+Smith+Flea.jpg (86 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
Anthony+Kiedis+Chad+Smith+Flea.jpg
86 KB, 594x396
Why are they so worthless without Frusciante?
>>
hes the soul of the band
>>
They're worthless whether or not Frusciante is in the band, and so is he.
>>
>>63112206
Reminder that Frusciante is an actual musical genius.
>>
They were actually pretty good before Frusciante joined. But after he left, yeah they stink now. I think Anthony and Flea have run out of ideas.
>>
Becuz wifferal
>>
I didn't know Will Ferrell was in Sublime
>>
Isn't, he's in the circus. Not a circus. The circus.
>>
>>63112242
lol
>>
>>63112381
LE ONLY TRUE GENIUS IS MERZBOW AND BEEFHEART XD
You're retarded and irredeemably pleb
>>
ChodegajlourdhsmatteruN
>>
They were good when they were on heroin
>>
File: image32.jpg (154 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
image32.jpg
154 KB, 396x594
>>63112407
>considers Frusciante an actual musical genius
>calls people plebs
>>
>>63112653
Those backwards solos. Name me one person who can do that? Just. One. Zeikersuckass.
>>
File: btw.jpg (18 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
btw.jpg
18 KB, 220x220
>>63112653
This album is a pop masterpiece, better than Pet Sounds. Stop being a fucking retard and kill yourself
>>
Not even steve vai can pull those.
>>
>>63112653
>uses a shitty reaction image from his ugly husbando
>calls people plebs
>>
>>63112826
what the fuck are you talking about? lots of people have used reversed guitar solos

also flea needs to go solo
>>
>>63113239
Noone plays backwards that well, illiterate dingsatchel.
>>
>>63113262
are you retarded? it's not hard to play backwards at all. It's literally not any different than playing forwards, why would it be difficult?

it's like you are saying this girl is magic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNmjnJUoiBs

that's how silly what you are saying is.

It's just playing the notes you want to hear in reverse order. It's not like Thom Yorke memorizing how words sounds reversed so he can sing them backwards and then reverse the tape, I mean even that isn't very difficult, all you have to do is sit there and experiment a bit with a recorder.
>>
>>63113454
Yes, you are by now retarded. The Which you nicely founded with your incapacity at analogy.
>>
>>63113484
you shouldn't need a top shelf analogy to comprehend my point. You must know absolutely nothing about music and how it's made to arguing your point right now. Seriously, I do think Frusciante is a musical genius, but he wouldn't even think "playing guitar backwards" is any part of what makes him one.

It's literally the same as playing forwards.
>>
>>63113569
Nope. Salutch.
>>
>>63113595
obvious retard is obviously retarded

you remind me of the music teacher I had once that showed our class a video just in awe of Tori Amos playing TWO pianos at once. Fucking hilarious what some people think is difficult
>>
reminder that George Harrison spent a whole recording session in abbey road recording and erasing takes, trying to write and record a backwards 'weeping' guitar solo, but he kept failing and none of the other beatles gave a fuck about his song so he said "fuck it, just bring me Clapton".
and that's how While My Guitar Gently Weeps was born.
>>
they've been worthless since 1992 lol
>>
>>63113722
Backwards guitar isn't difficult to do, but it's difficult to find the right parts on tape and put them together.

You have to record a lot of stuff and then sort through it all.
>>
>>63112830
Haha, well played. Possibly the blandest album of all time.

>>63112872
I didn't call people plebs, you actual spastic.
>>
>>63113786
>>
>>63113722
you say this like it proves a point which it doesn't. George Harrison probably couldn't play any Jimi Hendrix songs either.

>>63113874
sorting through isn't even difficult for some one who actually produces and cuts tapes and shit all the time. Also it's not even that hard to just play it backwards.

It's just confusingly stupid to think that this is difficult if you actually play guitar and record shit. What makes him good is that he is a great composer and not just a guitar player, and his guitar playing is well composed, even if improvised. the backwards thing is not a big deal at all.
>>
>>63114085
>>63113874
i just wanted an excuse to share that beatles anecdote. in fact the only reason it would be difficult was back then after each take the tape operator had to manually reverse everything and re-set up just to playback the recording. which obviously isn't a problem by the time rhcp rolls around
>>
>>63114228
ok ill rescind my hostility.

and I agree. Also JF surely sat around with his own recorder and probably fucked around enough so he got to know exactly what it would sound like when reversed.
>>
>>63112826
You mean like on Give It Away? That's just a normal solo reversed in post production.
>>
New album should come out this year, wouldn't call them worthless based on I'm With You, which was a transitional album.

And Stadium Arcadium was GOAT.
>>
>tfw I will BE the Frusciante of my band and fuck that girl who likes RCHP
I just want to live in some small flat and play guitar all day and write songs and bang qt's. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>63112148
>Why are they so worthless without Frusciante?

their 2nd best album was made with navarro.

and when Frusciante came back, their music lacked balls

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZRdjZFffnQ
>>
>>63112826
jimi hendrix
>>
>>63115381
Stadium Arcadium sucks.
>>
>>63115844
u know nothing
>>
>>63113714
Ur an obvious retard and a liar, since u neither refuted when i posited such twice. In logics terms, u except being these. Furthermore.
I'm not ever saying 'difficult'. I'm saying 'authentic to said artist'. Since ur a retarded liar, this eludes you. Hendrix had a way of doing it. John has his way. It is'nt opposing one another. John took that into being a larger portion of his 'art'. So it's also differentiated in 'class' of 'style'. Also, Stuff your cheeseball adhominims in the ungolianoidedsun of your homesteed, blindass girlie motherfucker.
>>
'Accept'
>>
File: while my.png (380 KB, 1102x604) Image search: [Google]
while my.png
380 KB, 1102x604
>>63114395
>>63114228
>>63113874

apparently the straw that made them bring in clapton was specifically the time consuming process, leading to an all night session that produced jack shit of usable recording
>>
>>63117671
lamo this thread is still here

What is there to refute? You cite his backwards solos as evidence of his musical genius, and the only thing you can say about them is that they are backwards, which isn't a big deal at all.

is this what you want refuted?>>63112826
>Name me one person who can do that?

this is such an inane stupid point you are making. Literally hundreds of people can make lengthy backwards guitar solos, most just have the good taste to realize how cheesy that is and don't. Obviously it wouldn't be the same exact thing because it's different fucking people.

The rest of this idiotic post>>63117671 sounds like what I said here
>>63114085
about his composition skills, but it's hard to say when you write with such incomprehensible bullshit >>63117671
>I'm not ever saying 'difficult'. I'm saying 'authentic to said artist'.
what the fuck are you saying for fucks sake. since when does "'authentic to said artist'" indicates musical genius which is what we have been talking about since the beginning>>63112826
>>63112653

I don't even disagree that JF is a genius, I'm just saying you are a colossal retard for saying his backwards guitar solos make him one.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.