[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Words can't describe how angry Disturbed's Simon &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: c65.jpg (39 KB, 600x759) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
39 KB, 600x759
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Heard this on the radio the other day, and it really fucking pissed me off. How do you fuck up The Sound of Silence so badly? Why would you think that a song like this needed a "hardcore", "heavy" cover? Why would you belt the words out like a goddamn chimpanzee and completely miss the tone of the song?! Seriously, I had little to no qualms with Disturbed before, but fuck them for doing this.
>>
>>63109878
Yeah, I'm never clicking that link. Their covers of Land of Confusion and Living After Midnight were okay
>>
File: dr.png (13 KB, 658x102) Image search: [Google]
dr.png
13 KB, 658x102
why live anymore
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 750x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 750x596
What a coincidence
My Mom sent me a link to that video yesterday
>>
>>63109878
first of all, missing the tone of the original doesn't make a cover bad, in fact the most interesting covers are the ones that contextualize the song. Second they obviously do this because it's easier than writing a new song that's good, and there is an entire demographic that does not even know about the original, not to mention an other demo that is dumb enough to know the original and still like this

Also, i wasn't paying attention but it looks like they are recontextualizing the song to make it about refugees which is trendy.
>>
the backing instrumental is okay, but i ABSOLUTELY FUCKING HATE the vocals.

I could deal with this cover if it wasn't somebody who sounded like he was singing literally right out of his ass.
>>
you want to cringe at disturbed? check this epic music video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW-IPrzM1g
>>
>>63113387
edgy
>>
I like it and I like disturbed, Their concert was pretty fucking great.
>>
>>63113631
Though, I'm not a huge fan of Vengeful one, What a let down coming off of Asylum.
>>
the Dickies already took home the gold in the 'lets cover Sounds Of Silence' event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=880A4RwkWCs

no one else should even bother trying
>>
>>63113720
that was shit
>>
>>63109878
Oh fuck off it's not that bad. I like the cover and was genuinely surprised when I first heard it because I would never expect something like this to come from Disturbed. I still think the original is better but I still thought the cover was good and respectable to the original while also being different enough to stand on its own.

>Why would you think that a song like this needed a "hardcore", "heavy" cover?
Except it's really not. Loud, heavy sounding electric guitars are not prominent in the song. Either you have a different definition of hardcore and heavy or your radio's busted or something.

>Why would you belt the words out like a goddamn chimpanzee and completely miss the tone of the song?!
There's nothing wrong with a cover having a different tone than the original. In fact it can be a positive because it can help the cover stand on it's own from the original.
>>
>>63111720
At least your mom tries. Mine hasn't spoken a word to me in nearly 4 years.
>>
>>63114362
Damn...
>>
>>63109878
Sounds like a religious Christmas song
>>
Hearing a classic get fucked with is always disturbing. I remember hearing Flo-Rida sampling Nina Simone a few years ago and i had to pull over i was so angry. By the time Kanye was sampling Billie Holiday i was desensitized to the whole idea.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.