[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Albums for which the word "pretentious" is completely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 286x286
What is this 2deep4u postrock atonal bullshit? GYBE are like Pink Floyd if every single album were Ummagumma. Post rock sounded like a great concept - standard rock instruments used to make non-rock, non-popular music. It's just too bad most of it is indistinguishable from dark ambient snoozefests. Not enough actual music like the works of And So I Watch You from Afar.
>>
>>63106299
ASIWYFA aren't even a post-rock band primarily, they're math rock.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 294x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 294x300
Might as while post the ancestor of all post-rock now that I mention it. RIP Syd Barrett ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (175 KB, 1473x1473) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175 KB, 1473x1473
>>63106363
It's not Pink Floyd's most pretentious album, however. They managed to outdo themselves with pic related, albeit an entirely different kind of "pretentious".
>>
>>63106299
>Doesn't understand
>Call it pretentious
>>
File: image.jpg (538 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538 KB, 1280x1280
Whatever these "PC music" asshats are getting at:

http://youtu.be/1MQUleX1PeA

I know musicians are desperate for new ideas, but Kidz Bop and Rebecca Black aren't the kind of pool you turn to for inspiration - not even ironically.
>>
>>63106299
If you think that's pretentious, you clearly haven't ventured too far into post rock
>>
File: Idontlikemusicanymore.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Idontlikemusicanymore.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>63106299
>ASIWYFA
>post-rock
Just like Deafheaven is black metal :^)
are you alright anon?

This album reached levels of cringe once thought impossible, but it do
"hurr I am deep and compelling"
>>
>>63106474
that song is my jam
>>
>>63106507
Big TWIABP fan, one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

They almost redeem it and make it a 3/10 with Space Explorations To Solve Earthly Crises and Thanks but they just had to have the talking dude. I'm just glad he had nothing to do with the new album.
>>
>>63106474
I actually really like PC Music. The lengths they go to for ironic humor are absolutely outrageous. Plus the songs aren't too bad from an uber-pop/avant-pop perspective, especially some of Hannah Diamond's stuff.
>>
>>63106299
>hurr durr i don't get ambient music and tape music
Stick to your shitty crescendocore man
>>
I do love gybe, when they get going, musically they have no equal in my eyes. But Holy shit they have some filler. I respect it, but I definately prefer their more conventional stuff.
>>
>>63106978
What do you mean tape music... Guess I shall wiki it
>>
>>63106299
Yeah it's fucking pretentious. It's also fucking good music.
>And So I Watch You from Afar.
Pleb
>>
>ITT: Albums that are pretentious because you don't understand it
>>
>>63106474
Hey QT is an absolutely stellar pop song, though. So are most of the other pop songs A.G. and Sophie produced.

Their solo works are complete shit, though.
>>
>>63106299
>GSY!BE
>Atonal

Leave this board immediately.
>>
>>63106299
>postrock
>atonal

dude...
>>
>>63106299
>atonal
>actual music like the works of And So I Watch You from Afar.

this is bait, right?
>>
I 100% agree that f#a# is near cringeworthy, but otherwise it sounds like post rock is just 2deep4u op
>>
>>63106299
>f#a#
>Atonal

>ASIWFA
>Post-rock

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>
>The pretence fallacy

The pretence fallacy is the formal fallacy of inferring that, since you don't like or understand a genre, it must be pretentious.

Form:

I don't understand P
Therefore P is pretentious
>>
I like the album but..

>gif as cover art
>metamodernism is real and important
>extravagant digital packaging
> "collaborated" with Shia LaBeouf and Milly Cyrus

yeah go fuck yourself
>>
>>63109827
This is real?
>>
>>63109864
yeah its a bandcamp album

https://craigculberton.bandcamp.com/album/book-of-the-damned
>>
>>63106299
Did you listen to it tho?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.