[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please listen to this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: a1673374352_10.jpg (204 KB, 924x922) Image search: [Google]
a1673374352_10.jpg
204 KB, 924x922
This album is genuinely amazing. please give it the attention it deserves

(you can hear it in bandcamp)
>>
Their debut album was also pretty incredible, this band in general is really really really good
>>
/mu/ please do yourself a favor and listen to this, especially if you love Spiderland by Slint because the album is influenced by it
>>
>>63098924
ok give me a link and shut up I'll listen to it for you
>>
>>63099307
It can be listened to here:

https://explodinginsoundrecords.bandcamp.com/album/before-a-million-universes
>>
don't understand the appeal of these guys. they're just rip offs of fugazi and slint
>>
>>63099403
Being inspired by something does not equal rip-off.
>>
>>63099420
but they're not doing anything different. i'm not saying it's bad, but it's not really noteworthy. i'd rather just listen to the aforementioned bands
>>
>>63099359
good bass, fucking horrendous music
>>
>>63099534
They are doing something different. they have a bit of their own thing. they do not literally plagiarize slint, they just do something in a similar style with their own inspiration and compositions
>>
its pretty bad
>>
>>63098924
It's impossible to listen to this album without Slint coming to mind. I went into this project completely free of any expectations, I had heard nothing about the album or the band, yet on the first note of "National Parks" I immediately though, Slint. This might sound like a good thing, but it's far from Spiderland-Slint. So there goes what may have attracted a lot of you, but leaves the rest of us who don't really mind Tweez. Small difference tho, imagine Tweez with less experimentation, worse songwriting, no Albini and the tiny fact that someone already did this before. From the Whisper/Scream vocals to the quiet strums to the atonal melodies to the harmonies. There are few tracks here that doesn't at least contain a section that can be directly linked to something by Slint. And it's even including the famous "I MISS YOU!" ("SO MUCH YOU") as well as "Washer" ("Negative (Intro)") and on their song "Yawp"... I mean, you can't... what? ... Is this for real? The basis of the entire song is just a simplified, less layered, very slightly modified opening segment of "Good Morning, Captain".
>>
>>63099801
That is not to say that this is void of original content, even if the foundation may be questionable at best. "Yawp" actually goes on to become something rather enjoyable, especially the part at 3:30. Other than that "Capitalized" is also a rather good song sounding like something from the early days of post-hardcore, for me the definite highlight. "Proximity Effect" and "Posture" are two other tracks that I like. In addition I actually do like the concept of "Negative (Intro)" and "Negative" but why they would be split into two parts is beyond me. So maybe I'm bashing them too hard. Maybe Slint's music is just that vivid in my head, that I automatically compare anything that comes close? Regardless, I think the only tip I have for Big Ups is this: you clearly have potential, but maybe just distance yourself a bit further from Slint. At this point it's no longer an influence. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to listen to Spiderland
>>
>>63099824
>>63099801
This is a copy-paste of a rym review

>>63099784
I highly disagree
>>
mega or zippyshare link? anyone?
>>
>>63099861
obviously, you were shilling this album on another slint thread...
>>
>>63099861

definitely shill
>>
>>63098924
I was listening to this and turned it off when I saw this thread. Can you possibley shill any harder op?
>>
>>63099895
>>63099956
>>63100119
I was merely recommending to you guys an album i really loved. you guys are being really ridiculous
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.