[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus Christ What's even the appeal of noise music, noisefags?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 3541468391-1.jpg (794 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3541468391-1.jpg
794 KB, 900x900
Jesus Christ

What's even the appeal of noise music, noisefags?
>>
They don't even know. They all say "muh textures" even though they don't understand what that means.
>>
it's the most emotional form of music
watch the documentary called "people who do noise"
>>
>>63092300
>appeal
Wrong approach kiddo
>>
They don't even know that's why I stopped taking recommendations from this board all they like Is Indy, noise, or obscure metal.
>>
>>63092439
>obscure metal
what?
>>
Noise is the genre for people who no longer get enjoyment from any other genre of music and will only be into noise for a few months at best before giving up entirely
>>
what is there not to get. Its like Ambient,drone music but with way more distortion..
>>
I hear it's very therapeutic. I've been meaning at giving it a go, but shit hasn't been hard enough for it. Shit's going down with my gf, so maybe I should try giving Venerology by Merzbrow a go.
>>
it's art, like any other. not for everyone. i like noise because i'm into art mediums that challenge convention. sorry you don't enjoy it, friendo.
>>
>>63092439
This board has pleb taste in metal what are you talking about
>>
>>63092300
Sound, I like it. Not difficult. Just like you with regular music. Quit whining about things you don't like. This doesn't need a thread.
>>
>>63092841
This.
And there's other things appealing about it but it differs depending on the person and on the kind of noise music. It's an extremely varied genre and most of it doesn't sound like Pulse Demon. I, for one, enjoy the lack of repeating patterns or predictability, as well as unique and interesting sounds. Also, some noise music can evoke a certain mood, atmosphere, or emotion, just like any other kind of music. And some noise music is just fun to listen to, especially if it's fast, harsh, and energetic, like the stuff Merzbow (and Japanoise in general) is most known for.
If Pulse Demon is the only noise you've listened to, OP, then I can understand why you'd ask that question. I'd almost be surprised if you didn't. But there is appeal.
>>
File: chill.png (7 KB, 172x248) Image search: [Google]
chill.png
7 KB, 172x248
>>63092300
For real speaking, if you don't like it now you will never like it, because your brain is not supposed to. I really believe that the appeal of harsh noise comes from having your brain wired differently from most people. Most people like all of you fags who can't fathom the concept of people enjoying something that you possibly can't will never enjoy listening to it because a few ones who are born with brains able to enjoy it are the only ones who enjoy it. For example, my head is kinda fucked up. I can't stand eating Ice Cream, or playing videogames, because it irritates me to no end. I used to have horrible migraines when I was a kid out of nowhere that left me rolling on the ground screaming, and I used to hit my head until my noose bled back then. If you don't get it now, don't think you will ever get it, the first time I listened to pulse demon I knew straight away I liked it. It's just like that.
>>
My theory is a lot of them are deaf. The vibrations generated must be very stimulating.
>>
>>63092300
It's like having your ears hugged and tickled, it's nice if you enjoy music for musics sake, if it's to relate or understand then you have the wrong type of music.
>>
Interesting and dynamic tones. Pulse Demon is honestly just okay. Not dynamic enough.
>>
>>63092767
Therapeutic is a good word...I've always considered it cathartic.
>>
Cause they like having tinnitus
>>
>>63093762
So do you think smashing your head gave you autism or were you born with it?
>>
>>63094314
Well happily I don't get myself posting on waifu threads, reading pitchfork, listening to indie rock or dick measuring who is more patrician so I think that I'm in the right of taking pride of having a more resistant skull than most.
>>
Pure noise is just shite but if you add a drop of ambience or other elements to it it comes alive.
>>
Noise doesnt supouse to be obscure and ecletic, is a mark of your existence, it doesnt exists without you, is the proof that you are alive, that's the idea of the genre, something pure , the idea behind Pulse Demon is separate the human from the music, he is not playing the instruments he just left the pulse of a fuzz box lead the way, you see is non human music made by the natures
>>
>>63094246

Tinnitus is actually better than listening to music.
>>
>>63092300
>my first Merzbow playthrough : the post
should have started with Flare Gun

Pink noise is more therapeutic and dictating, where white noise is more conceptual expression. It's like the modern art of music, fampai

>>63097061
correct
>>
>>63093762
Damn...
>>
>>63092300
Noise "per se" is a pretty boring genre, it's cool and edgy when you listen to it for the first time but it becomes repetitive too quickly, genuinely good noise is only noise mixed with genres, like noise rock, noise influenced music, et cetera et cetera...
>>
>>63096102
I like the effort you put into this post.
>>
>>63092373
That doc makes me cringe
>>
>>63092731
this is the most stupid statement i've seen this week on 4chan, and it's saturday
>>
>>63092300
Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean you're better, you know
>>
>>63097734
depends how you look at ambient. If you treat it as something that should evoke particular feeling then noise is ambient on crack.
>>
File: IMG_20160304_200344313.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160304_200344313.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>63092300
It's interesting
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.