[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one had the best solo career and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
Which one had the best solo career and why?
>>
ringo
>>
ringo
>>
George Harrison.

Because Lennon is overrated

Paul is just pop for the masses

Ringo is just ringo

George did some cool shit
>>
File: Ram 6.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ram 6.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>63078937
>>
George
>>
Paul.

Harrison is hipster /mu/ tier. Lennon always sucked.
>>
File: lennon singles.png (2 MB, 1089x1085) Image search: [Google]
lennon singles.png
2 MB, 1089x1085
John had the best non-album singles
>>
1. John
2. George (two top 5 solo albums though)
3. Meme McCartney
4. Ringo obviously
>>
>>63078937
George
>>
Faul's solo career produced some pretty insipid music

His work with Wings was pretty good though
>>
George and John

The other two are just lucky guys
>>
Ringo because it's all down to Goodnight Vienna

Goodnight

Vienna
>>
Paul because RAM and Band On The Run alone are worth more than all the other's solo career's.
>>
>>63078937
Are you looking for answers which are fact, or opinion?
>>
File: ringo.jpg (22 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
ringo.jpg
22 KB, 624x351
DESU f a m i l i a n o

Paul, cause all the money and pop hits
then comes John because of the status
Harrison had great music, but just wasn't as popular as the other two
and last, but not least... Ringo!, who'll be the winner in the end. Because he'll outlive them all and go on tour with new musicians using the name THE BEATLES again, as soon as Paul dies. What people don't know is Ringo found the secret of immortalily, and he'll be touring with the Beatles, singing Yellow submarine and Octopus Garden and With a little help from my friends forever.
>>
George
>>
>>63080413
When Ringo dies no one will talk shit about his drumming ever again. Just you wait, there'll be a dozen specials about how Ringo was a heart of the band. The revisionists will swarm like locusts to the drama.
>>
I think we can all agree All things must pass is the GOAT beatles solo album
>>
>>63078937
Plastic Ono Band is the only solo album from any of them that I really like. Both Paul and George have okay albums though.
>>
>>63082063
yes, followed by plastic ono band
>>
Geroge had best album overall but john made more of my favorites.
>>
All Things Must Pass > Plastic Ono Band > McCartney 1 > Imagine > Living in the Material World > Ram > Band On The Run > McCartney 2
All i've listened to.
>>
>>63079055
>Implying Ram and McCartney I and II aren't GOAT
>>
Personally i find John Lennons solo the best
Plastic Ono Band, Imagine and Rock and Roll are all great albums
Paul had some good stuff, i really liked McCartney I and Ram, but overall mostly shit
George only really had one good album
>ringwho
>>
Why wasn't anything else John Lennon released as good as Plastic Ono Band?
I feel like he had at least one more great album in him but it never came.
>>
>>63082847
He was addicted to heroin and not the good kind of addiction that gave him creative inspiration earlier, the bad kind of addiction where his life was spiraling out of control and giving him writer's block
>>
I think John Lennon had the best solo career. All of his albums were either great or at least pretty damn good. Paul McCartney had a strong string of albums in the 70s. George Harrison had one great album. It was a long one, but it was still just one album. Ringo Starr had like one song.
>>
>>63078996
>Lennon always sucked
>not the ultimate hipster opinion
>>
>>63078937
All Things Must Pass is one of my favorite records ever

so George!
>>
Which albums should I hear by them in their solo career?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.