[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best and worst thing about Kanye's undeniably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
What is the best and worst thing about Kanye's undeniably best album?
>>
>Best

Everything. Kanye's production brought out the best in himself and his chosen features.

>Worst.

Swizz Beats opening his fucking mouth on So Appalled.
>>
>worst
that shitty, unfunny Chris Rock sketch at the end of a Blame Game
>>
>best
the industrial production, uh huh honey, new slaves

>worst
shitty lyrics on everything except new slaves
>>
File: rdIIh.jpg (381 KB, 832x4136) Image search: [Google]
rdIIh.jpg
381 KB, 832x4136
>worst
>>
>Honorary Worst

Christian Dior Denim Flow wasn't a bonus track.
>>
>>63051707
I actually love that part but I don't know if it's because it reminds me of that (great) comic or if I genuinely enjoy it.
>>
>>63051611
that shit was great the first couple of times but I skip it every time now...doesn't bring down the track at all though
>>
>>63051611
I enjoy the quoatable that is Yeezy Taught Me, but having to listen to it everytime I listen to the album is annoying as fuck
>>
>>63051714
The bonus track they do have is so terrible, Christmas in Harlem would have been nice too
>>
>best

The instrumentation/vocal effects in Devil in a New Dress (guitar) and Runaway (vocals)

>worst

The fact that Nicki (while her verse was great) had the best verse on Monster
>>
>Best

The production, the samples, and some of the features.

>Worst

Many of the tracks are too long and repetitive
Most of the lyrics are shit
>>
>>63051583
>Best

Production, Features, character arc, Kanye feeding off the negativity directed towards him in the years leading up to the album.

>Worst

Jay Z, and maybe RZA (but his yelling's entertaining af)
>>
>>63051583

>best

Production, album cohesion, rolling outro to the sparse clapping

>worst

definitely repetitive sometimes, half the features could be cut out. This would be god tier as a kanye solo
>>
>>63051882

adding on to that, the "can we get much higher, so high" on the intro is fucking beautiful but it's repeated so frequently it kind of gets stale by the end
>>
>best
everything but jay z
>worst
SASQUATCH, GODZILLA, KING KONG, LOCH NESS
>>
>best
Theme and production

>worst
Kanye huffing into a low-quality mic for three minutes
>>
>>63051979
>Kanye huffing into a low-quality mic for three minutes
yeah, you don't know shit.
>>
>>63051996
Okay Kanyefag
>>
>best
the emotional breadth and arc

>worst
kanye isn't an expressive enough vocalist to do that justice. personally so appalled, monster and runaway are excruciating, also >>63051611. what the fuck is that beat on monster, is that supposed to slap? none of the beats really bang, most of them aren't chill either, they're just obnoxious. it's not terribly interesting compositionally either. lastly the pretentious following it's gotten is kind of off-putting
>>
>>63051583
>worst part
Bon Iver, literally the worst feature on the album
>>
File: feelinglikePab.jpg (335 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
feelinglikePab.jpg
335 KB, 1200x800
>tfw Rick Ross's best verse of his entire career is a feature on a Kanye album.
>tfw if you imagine Pusha T spitting the bars you realize he ghostwrote the verse for Ricky hence why he's yet to spit anything remotely as good.

It hasn't been confirmed but its like listening to any Dre feature on early Eminem shit - you can tell Dre didn't pen the verses.
>>
File: christiandiordenimflow.jpg (91 KB, 987x283) Image search: [Google]
christiandiordenimflow.jpg
91 KB, 987x283
>>63051714

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLpbc1N9BB8

>THAT FUCKING HOOK.
>>
>>63051610
/thread
>>
>Best
"Yeezy taught me"
>Worst
"TWISTA HAD THIS MUTHAFUCKA ON... IN THE SOURCE- DAS RIGHT..."
>>
>>63051786
>not liking WE'RE THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD BABY

: /
>>
>>63051583
>Best
Runaway

>Worst
Jay Z
>>
>>63051583
>Best
The entirety of Devil in a New Dress, best thing to grace any of Kanye's albums and home to an inexplicably amazing Rick Ross verse.
>Worst
Fergie's bit in All of the Lights
>>
>>63051583
that's not Yeezus
>>
>Best
Production is absolutely on point. Good mix of chilly electronic and warm soul samples. Especially like the King Crimson sample.

It's also lyrically great. Interesting themes without being too preachy for the most part.

The features were also good. Nicki's verse on monster was actually great (still not sure if she wrote it though), Jay-Z came through, Rihanna on All of the Lights sounded good, RZA complemented the song he was on, I could go on. Of course, there were a couple duds, but for the most part, the feature selection was well done.

>Worst
Fucking Chris Rock. Also, Who will survive in America wasn't good. Poorly done political statement, if you're gonna do something like that, you have to do it right.
>>
>>63053446
agree with devil in a new dress completely, best ye song imo
i thought fergie's verse was surprisingly not bad
jay-z's monster verse was much much worse imo

that being said
>best
Devil in a New Dress
>worst
jay-z's monster verse
>>
>>63053543
>tfw it was fergie

Fuck, I knew this, and forgot.
>>
File: mercy.jpg (68 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mercy.jpg
68 KB, 600x600
https://youtu.be/7Dqgr0wNyPo

>you will never hear Mercy for the first time ever again.

2 Chainz absolutely murdered his verse on this.

I'm posting this because I feel like this was the turning point - Kanye shows a very subtle lurch into the whole drill beat sound albeit sounding like Eurodance.

Post-MBDTF, Post-WTT, Pre-Yeezus.

>But seriously, what the fuck was up with that Eurobeat dance break down during Kanye's verse?
>>
untitled 02 > kanye's entire discography post-mbdtf
>>
>>63054574
i remember feeling like kanye was at his absolute peak artistically with this song

looking back i realize how right i was
>>
File: Literal Perfection.jpg (276 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Literal Perfection.jpg
276 KB, 1500x1500
Best thing is every song is amazing as fuck. Beautiful skits leading into gorgeous songs that match the theme of the skit. The greatest song of all time is in this album, Hey Mama. Aged to perfection

Worst thing is having Celebration on right after Hey Mama. Bad decision
>>
>>63051583

>Best

Everything except:

>Worst

Gorgeous. Only made worse given Cudi is on it. Oh well. Forever another 9.5 album. :^)
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.