[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Souvlaki is better than Loveless. Why is it considered the opposite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: MBV DONE BETTER.jpg (15 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
MBV DONE BETTER.jpg
15 KB, 240x240
Souvlaki is better than Loveless.
Why is it considered the opposite way around?
>>
>>63049434
why is your taste so shit
>>
>>63049434
nag its kinda boring tbqh
>>
>>63049465
What is your taste like? Please stop dodging the question?
>>63049469
I mean, in some parts. But the I am convinced Alison is the best shoegaze song ever created.
>>
>>63049434
fuck off montie
>>
Souvlaki Space Station is my favourite on the album tbqh
>>
>>63049507
I want to hear your opinion?
>>
Textures and noise guitars in Loveless are miles ahead of anything made by slowdive.
>>
>>63049434
>Souvlaki is better than Loveless
"no"

Also, Souvlaki isn't even Slowdive's best album
>>
I would assume that people see that Loveless was far more inspirational in the shoegaze movement, so it is greater, but that's not the case.

In truth, it's all about one's personal preference to how much they like noise or not. If you like dreamy soundscapes, you'd go out to say Slouvaki is better, but if you like noisy walls of sound, Loveless is what you choose. And then people decide on what's better based on thier theories of the two albums.

Essentially, though, they're two different genres, so it doesn't matter.
>>
poor mans cocteau twins
>>
Slowdive are musicians

MBV are artists
>>
>>63049656
damn........................
>>
>>63049656
Damn
>>
>>63049656
Damn...
>>
>>63049656
damn....
>>
>>63049656
reblogged
>>
>>63049434
I do prefer Souvlaki just because I'm more into dream pop but here's why:

1. Loveless was *the* benchmark, genre-defining shoegaze album which means Souvlaki is naturally always going to be judged against it.

2. Every song on Loveless is a contender for the GOAT shoegaze song of all time (except touched), Souvlaki isn't as consistent.

3. Rachel's writing is shit compared to Neil's, and some of the lyrics shit as well. Absolute yeah fest:

>yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, yeah

That's just lazy songwriting.

Quick aside about 'Alison', would it spoil it for you in any way if you found out that song was just about getting stoned? I thought it was about existential pain and confusion but it's just about doing pills with some waster

>>63049656
DAmn br0..
>>
what do they have in common? we'll never see a reissue of either.
>>
>>63049572
Do you like their post rock album?
>>
>>63049434
Because Loveless was unique and set a precedent for shoegaze and Souvlaki is barely unique at all. MBV pioneered new ways to use guitars and vocals and influenced more than those within the genre.
>>
>>63049656
D A M N........
>>
>>63049656
D A M N
AA
M M
N N
>>
>>63049732
Alison is about the character in the movie 'The Breakfast Club' which was quite hyped around the shoegaze-generation. You are welcome.
>>
Well Loveless is an infinitely more important record than Souvlaki. Hell, Pygmalion is a more important record than Souvlaki.
>>
>>63049434
Go to bed
>>
>>63049732
I really don't care if its about getting stoned. Its beautiful in every single way.
>>
>>63049656
DaMN......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
>>
>>63049885
Where did you get this bullshit from? He explains the meaning in the Souvlaki documentary and he says something to the effect of: "We'd done so much touring that I never had a chance to let loose, I wrote that song after getting drunk with my girlfriend's friend Alison." I'm looking for the clip now.
>>
>>63049434
I've seen your taste.

I've seen that it's often made the target of mockery, and even after healthy inspection I must say I couldn't find any purpose for your hilarious bad taste that wasn't rooted in mockery.

Given that your musical taste could not possibly be more uninspired and pedestrian, it comes as no surprised that you'd prefer the the unoffensive and pillow-soft Souvlaki to Loveless, but don't you dare for an instant mistake your piss-taste for anything of substantial weight.

You're a joke. The only reason that people know who you are is because they say your taste and were mentally stained by its abhorrent image.

Honestly, I think the reminder that you, Montie, think Souvlaki is better than Loveless is rhetorically sufficient for most to agree that Loveless is better than Souvlaki.

That's how bad your taste is.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 1221x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 1221x935
>>63050020
look
>>
>>63050063
STOP

POSTING

THIS
>>
>>63049434
it's pretty good, but since you're montie your taste is shit
>>
>>63049523
you have shitty taste

that's my opinion
>>
Souvlaki is really good, ya. Has a depth to it you don't find in like Chapterhouse or whatever. But come on dude, Loveless will tear your skin off and have you floating disembodied up to heaven. I need to get laid, holy fuck.
>>
>>63050070
is dat u
>>
>>63050020
Autist Vs Autist handicap match
>>
>>63049797
I do. I also prefer Just for a Day over Souvlaki desu
>>
>>63049917
You really do have the least-formed opinions of any trip on /mu/. Do you put any thought into music at all? Why are you even here?
>>
>>63050138
yea he's the ugly nigger
>>
>>63049885
HEADCANNON
E
A
D
C
A
N
(not spam, btw)
N
O
N
>>
>>63049656
What's so 'damn' about this? It doesn't really mean anything
>>
>>63050271
damn...
>>
>>63050070
Hey Unty, how are things going with Cassidy?
>>
>>63049656
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63050271
>>63050299
2 deep 4 u
>>
>>63050315
damn...
>>
>>63050294
Null.

I finished the mixtape but I never presented it to her.
>>
>>63049434
And there's some that think Nowhere is better than both. They're the big three for a reason, yes Loveless is more well-regarded in the true shoegaze part of the spectrum but some people are into the quieter aspects of Souvlaki while others like the alt-rockness of Nowhere.
>>
>>63050070
haha you're such a spicy meme unty
>>
File: some happy white faggot.png (9 KB, 377x326) Image search: [Google]
some happy white faggot.png
9 KB, 377x326
>dat bassline in Some Velvet Morning
>>
>>63050336
Good decision, IMO.
>>
>>63049656
Damning myself
>>
>>63049469
So is Loveless
>>
>>63049434
you're wrong bro. and pygmalion is better than souvlaki so...fuck yaself
>>
>>63050395
bonus tracks don't count
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>63049494
>>63049819
>>63049917
>>63050020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>63050773
damn...
>>
>>63049434
loveless is more innovative though i enjoy souvlaki more
>>
>>63049656
i really hope this is bait holy shit and metal is supposed to be the pretentious genre
>>
To me, it's one of the few times when there is so obviously a best album at the peak of a movement/genre/subgenre. Loveless set the scene for shoegaze in the 90's and practically every following album sounded a bit like Loveless.

Though Souvlaki is a bit different, but there really is no competition IMO desu senpai
>>
>>63051059
I was 100% serious
>>
Loveless is more sonically interesting
>>
>whiny
>pleb
>can't into Loveless
>Trump supporter
>probably racist

Is Montie the worst /mu/ trip of all time?
>>
>>63049434
I disagree.
>>
>>63049434
>enter thread
>ctrl+f "cringe"
>no "cringe" found
souvlaki has cringe moments. dumb lyrics and dumb vocals. thats why loveless is better.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.