[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it so fucking hard to find a good headphone for your needs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
>m50x
>Sennheiser momentum
>Akg this
>Akg that
>Sennheiser hd 598
etc etc
Guys please help. Every single post i read on the web is saying something different. No one can agree about anything.
>>
>>63039528
you just gotta pick one mane
>>
>>63039528
I have a pair of Shure SRH240A and they're fine.
>>
>>63039528
Momentum are great, you'll have a fantastic time.
>>
Just go to your local hi-fi store and try some of them on. Headphone quality is subjective.
>>
>>63039561
>>63039574
>>63039582
>>63039612
What i basically want:
>Comfy af. Longer than 5 hours listening sessions
>No need for an amplifier. Smartphone friendly. Max 40ohm i guess
>I am someone who can tell the difference between 192kbps and 320kbps, but i don't care that much
>Closed back, i want some noise isolation, i don't mind sound leakage, but i dont prefer open stage
>Can spend up to 300 bucks

>>63039582
Do they fit in my description? The negatives are very few from what ive read.

>>63039612
Leaning more towards the m50x's, but i know there ar ebetter headphones out there, considering the m50x costs 150 bucks.
>>
>>63039528
I've tried a ton of headphones and I know the struggle of trying to find good ones. I recommend the sennheiser 650 if you're looking for stationary headphones and if you get those then get the magni 2 and modi (whatever version is out right now). It will be about 600 dollars in total, which is what it cost me. If you're looking for something that you can carry around your ipod with, I use sennheiser momentum. I know I'm recommending all these sennheiser products, but honestly I've yet to use that many mobile headphones. I'm currently looking for mobile headphones which isolate from sound so I can walk around my crowded neighborhood in silence and just listen to music.
>>
>>63039713
DT770, they're comfy as fuck
>>
Anyone have Apple earpods?

I've got Hifiman RE-400s and they're alright, but flimsy af. I need some more durable headphones with decent sound quality and comfort. I was going to get Urbanears because my old pair of Bagis lasted like 3 years, but their sound quality isn't very good.
>>
>>63039817
>DT770
well you just made my decision harder
>>63039733
I have always been a bit biased on sennheiser porducts, living in germany and all. I guess i wil lgo for the momentum 2.0. But, i heard they aren't good in noise isolation. Is this true?
>>
>>63039713
There's not many expensive low impedance headphones (phone friendly) out there.
If you can afford to pay up to $300, you should just get a portable amp and a pair for around $150-200. DT 770 80ohm with a Fiio portable amp is a popular choice. Everyone says the 32 ohm version is bad though, so maybe stay clear of it. But yeah, it's not worth paying 300 for a really good pair if you're going to use them on a smartphone, where it sounds only half as good as it can.
>>
>>63040900
yo those protable amplifiers from fiio, they look chinese af. Are they good?
>>
i've had momentums for a few years and i've never had a problem with them. most recordings sound great on them, though they are kind of treble-y
>>
It's all snake oil after a certain point. Got some MDR V-55s myself.
>>
FUCK

OFF

TO

/G/
>>
check out head fi and innerfidelity. they have tons of reviews and recs
>>
>>63041794
It's snake oil after you get to objectively neutral DACs and amps like the ODAC and O2.
Headphone price kind of caps out with HD-800's and Audeze LCD's, which are both excellent for different reasons. The Hi-Fi/speaker community go to much more retarded lengths in placebo wankery.
>>
>>63039528
>complains that it's hard to find a good headphone for his needs
>asks for help
>doesn't state his needs

Dickhead.
>>
>>63042153
>Headphone price kind of caps out with HD-800's and Audeze LCD's
Man, that IS placebo wankery. Headphones over $300 aren't worth it. Even then, the good headphones sound very similar to each other regardless of price.
>>
>>63039713
Fidelio X2s are 250 bucks on amazon at the moment, that's a bargain

www.amazon.com/Philips-X2-27-Fidelio-Headphones/dp/B00O2Y2MZG/
>>
>>63042275
oh fuck. Thanks.
Looking at reviews right now and specs.
>>
>>63041726
In terms of build quality? It's just ok plastic that you carry around and plug a cable into it. If you take care of it like you do with your smartphone, it's fine.
In terms of how good they actually are, they're decent. Let's just say that "they work", but not much beyond that. They'll do fine for $60-140 headphones, but if you go any higher it's not worth it. The thing is though, for similarly priced alternatives to Fiio there's not much else out there. There's stuff like the Schiit Fulla and CMoyBB, but investing in an actually high quality portable amp/dac is pretty dumb because you can get the exact same quality for way cheaper if you dump the portability.
Honestly I suggest you get a pair of cheaper headphones for portability, and keep the big stuff at home. After a certain point, portability is out of the question if you actually want decent quality for the price. A pair of $300 headphones aren't gonna sound much different than a $120 pair if you play them both on a phone unamped.
>>
>>63042451
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I guess i will go for the 50x's after all. Although my smartphone has possibly the best DAC on the market, it's still just a phone DAC. So yeah, i will be wasting money on better headphones cause the difference will be minimal.
>>
>>63039528
SONY MDR-V6
O
N
Y

no joke best headphones
>>
>>63042595
>the difference will be minimal
Yep. You might as well just pick a price range, look at the top 5 or whatever most recommended within it and then choose a pair randomly. This kind of stuff is highly subjective, so it's not like people's opinions matter too much. Also since they're your first good headphones, chances are you're gonna love them anyways.
>>
>>63043075
Well and i just found out that the fidelio are open air, which i don't like that much.
Well, i ordered the m50x's. Let's see if all those reviews are true.
Thanks for everything though, /mu/.
>>
>>63042275
yeah was gonna say this
>>
>>63039713
>I dont prefer open stage
pleb
>>
>>>/g/53294095 /hpg/
>>
File: oppo-pm-3-03.jpg (35 KB, 770x433) Image search: [Google]
oppo-pm-3-03.jpg
35 KB, 770x433
I have these, the OPPO Pm-3, they're amazing. And, they're 300$ if you're in the states.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/oppo-pm-3-review
>>
>>63040138
I have a couple of DT770s aswell, and they pretty much cover what you listed.
>>
>>63039528
Fill in the following and I will solve your problem familia:

> Price Range
> Country
> Preferred Music
> Intended Uses
> Portable or Stationary?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.