[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are your favorite compositions written by sir billiam crogan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: babybilliam.jpg (5 KB, 231x300) Image search: [Google]
babybilliam.jpg
5 KB, 231x300
what are your favorite compositions written by sir billiam crogan?
>>
>>63031628
geek u.s.a.
mayonnaise

despite what people say about Siamese Dream's length, it has a lot of really solid underrated songs
>>
>>63031628
Rhinoceros
>>
Perfect
Geek USA
Mayo
Rhinoceros
>>
>>63031685
No one complains of SD's length. That album is consistently great the whole way thru.
I think you're thinking of mellon collie
>>
>>63031715
i've read some deluded complaints that SD is overlong, but yeah, it's applicable to Mellon Collie, especially its indulgent 2nd side
>>
Calle ocho
>>
soma
>>
>>63031628
'Home' (Machina II)
'Starla' (Zeitgeist, bonus track)
'Identify' (Leaked demo)
'Wound' (Machina)
'Try, Try, Try' (both versions)
'Let Me Give The World To You' (Machina II)
'In My Body' (Machina II)
'Drown' (Rarities and B-Sides)
'Dorian' (Monuments to an Elegy)
'Perfect' (Adore, and the acoustic demo)
'Behold! The Night Mare' (Adore)
'Shame' (Adore)
'The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete (Adore)
'Destination Unknown' (Aeroplane... cover)
'Ugly' (Aeroplane Flies High)
'Dreaming' (Aeroplane Flies High)
'Mayonnaise' (acoustic demo; Rarities and B...)
'Now (And Then)' (TheFutureEmbrace)
'The CameraEye' (TheFutureEmbrace)

Obviously I love some of the most popular ones ('Tonight, Tonight' being my all-time favorite), but figured I'd give some exposure to my favorites among the lesser-known tracks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmUZ6nCFNoU
>>
To forgive
Porcelina
Blank Page
Daydream
Hummer
East
>>63033070
Nice mention of destination unknown cover and pistol pete
>>
>>63031685
Who ever complains about ANYTHING from Siamese Dream?
>>
>>63033349
thank.
>>63033387
exactly.
>>
Rhinoceros
Bury Me
Crush
Snail
Daydream
Hummer
Soma
Sweet Sweet
Whir
Obscured
Here Is No Why
To Forgive
Galapogos
Muzzle
Bodies
Thirty-Three
In The Arms Of Sleep
Stumbleine
By Starlight
Farewell & Goodnight
Ugly
Cherry
God
Pennies
Rotten Apples
Medellia Of The Gray Skies
The Last Song
To Sheila
Pug
Shame
For Martha
The Everlasting Gaze
Stand Inside Your Love
>>
Daydream
Obscured
Mayo
Stumbleine
Galapagos
Here is No Why
>>
i like the last song
>>
>>63033570
fuck, add 'Stumbleine' (MCIS) & 'Cupid De Locke' (MCIS) to >>63033070
>>
>>63033718
How bout pennies, the last song, and obscured? those are some underated sp songs
>>
>>63033791
I like all three of those (especially 'Pennies') but I wouldn't say they're some of my absolute favorites at the moment.
>>
I love these two tracks, but they're only available on their greatest hits album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSI5XyFH1Ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k1S388Ohys
>>
>>63033889
It's 'Slow Dawn' and it can be found on Rarities and B-Sides. 'Untitled' is only on the Greatest Hits tho, you're correct. 'Untitled' is really just an attempt at rehashing an older sound, desu. Not that big of a fan.
>>
>>63033931
yeah, they're mostly nostalgic for me. I remember falling in love with the greatest hits album when it came out
>>
>>63033965
totally understand anon :^)
>>
>>63031628
Gonna be honest, I can't get into SP. They aren't all that great, I mean a lot of their songs, especially on Melon collie seem to be basic three chord progressions over sixteen bars.

It's boring insipid rock at its peak.

Adore and SD are alright but Adore, though "experimental" (for what was previously a rock band) and far less pretentious than MelonCollie honestly sounds like the kind of album that was largely inspired by popular electronic music of the era. If Kid A was inspired by the best of the best, then Adore is it's poppy, devalued brother. That said, I don't hate it, in fact, I actually like it but whenever I listen to it, I find myself cringing a little, most of the tracks would probably sit fine on a "Ministry of Sound's best of the 90s" compilation because they sound far too much like the kind of "electronica" that was making the radio anyway.

idk, either way, my favourite song is either Annie-Dog or Dusty and Pistol Pete
>>
>>63034254
I cringed is this bait?
>>
>>63034254
i bet you smell bad
>>
>>63031628
daily reminder that Billy is transphobic
>>
File: 9QUV88B.jpg (10 KB, 255x200) Image search: [Google]
9QUV88B.jpg
10 KB, 255x200
>>63033070
>Starla
>Zeitgeist, bonus track
>>
Today
Rocket
Geek USA
Luna
Ava adore
>>
>>63031628
his interpretation of siddhartha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EmyQTvFo1Y
>>
Stumbleine
Farewell & Goodnight
Tales of a Scorched Earth
X.Y.U
>>
>>63034699
source
>>
>>63034714
>"the wait hurts worse than the blows"
the song sounds nothing like the rest of Zeitgeist and has lyrics that likely reference/were inspired by Billy talking about how when we was beaten by his stepmom the anticipation of getting hit was actually more difficult than the hitting itself. Tell me you can't feel something from that.
>>
>>63033070
>>63034714
>>63035886
Oh fuck, just realized what I did. Haha. It's called, "Stellar". My bad.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.