[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beatles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: beatles.jpg (205 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
beatles.jpg
205 KB, 1500x1000
What's their best song?
>>
It's All Too Much
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Strawberry Fields Forever
Revolution (Take 20)
>>
Strawberry Fields Forever and there's no contest

Imagine how shit McCartney must have felt when Lennon wrote that song and all he had to show was fucking Penny Lane lmao
>>
In the Court of the Crimson King
>>
>>63008145
>It's All Too Much

My nigga
>>
>>63008154
That songs shit. Fagberry fags forever.
>>
>>63008128
Rain
>>
a day in the life
>>
Nowhere Man
>>
File: paul-mccartney.jpg (57 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
paul-mccartney.jpg
57 KB, 800x600
Rocky Raccoon
>>
Bon Bon
>>
Let it be :^)
>>
Idk, but 1966 was absolutely the best year for The Beatles

>Rain
>Paperback Writer
>She Said She Said
>Rubber Soul
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>>
wonderwall
>>
New Person, Same Old Mistakes
>>
Don't Pass Me By

I mean, come on
>>
>>63008154
Penny Lane is better than Strawberry Fields
>>
>>63008145
Gonna have to agree with It's all too much

Out of all the Beatles songs you could say are ahead of its time, that is the definite answer

I want you comes close behind
>>
>>63008227
This, A Day In The Life is the Beatles peak, Lennon/McCartney at its best songwriting moment, Ringo and George at their best instrumentation moment, the band working absolutely together, their truly masterpiece
>>
I've Just Seen a Face
The Fool On The Hill
It's All Too Much
Happiness Is a Warm Gun
Here, There, and Everywhere
>>
Rocky Raccoon and Lovely Rita are my personal favorites, but A Day In The Life is the objectively best Beatles song. I don't really think its up for debate.
>>
Eleanor Rigby
>>
Across The Universe is my pick. There are four different versions and all of them are amazing.
>>
She's Leaving Home
>>
>>63008842
Beach Boys fan detected
>>
File: Untitled.png (79 KB, 317x270) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
79 KB, 317x270
>>63008432
Yeah but have you ever listened to it high?
>>
I'm Only Sleeping
>>
>>63008568
>>63008227
I will never understand this
I truly never will
How the fr*&%k is A Day In The Life the best song they've made?
Even for Sgt. Peppers standards (one of the worst albums from them, sorry haters) it kneels down to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and A Little Help From My Friends
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 557x605
Don't let me down... So raw senpai.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NCtzkaL2t_Y
>>
>>63010166
When I thought no one could be this contrarian, you show up
>>
>>63010110
Have you let the lyrics sink in?
He's not just fucking around with words lol.
>>
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Strawberry Fields Forever
Here Comes the Sun
Julia
>>
File: 3-Gyllenhaall-lunch2.jpg (47 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
3-Gyllenhaall-lunch2.jpg
47 KB, 600x402
>>63010166
>arguing about something as subjective as music
>claiming to be right or wrong about an opinion
Come on man.
>>
>>63010825
When will this meme die?
>>
>>63008154
He was probably ecstatic that his band-mate wrote an awesome song.
We're talking about the fucking beatles here are we not. All you need is love.
>>
>>63010835
What meme?
The fact that music is subjective?
How the fuck is that a meme. It's fact.
>>
>>63010860
>music
>subjective

https://youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
>>
>>63010902
Ughhhhhh. Yes some music is just total garbage objectively. But that's a very very small sect, and usually it's not real artists who made it. When it comes to what beatles song you like more it's going to be entirely subjective.
>What art you like
>not subjective
Are you actually fucking kidding me?
>>
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>>
>>63008154
I'm pretty sure Paul McCartney is probably pretty pleased with his own songs, he can let John have this one. And Penny Lane is a great track.
>>
>>63010166
I'll back you up on this. While I understand how A Day In The Life is many people's favorite Beatles song I agree that Sgt. Pepper as an album is probably in their bottom five overall. As per its importance to rock music as a whole it might be number one but it's probably one of my least often listened to Beatles albums.
>>
>>63010902
Oh god that video is aids.
Art is obviously subjective and fuck people who try to control art or think they know what's best objectively.
>le my opinion is objectively right
Literally what?
Great art is still made today. Some modern art is fantastic. But it's all subjective. If you don't like it, fuck off. No one's forcing you to look at it.
If you know so much about art why don't you make an epic "objectively" good piece of art. Dude....
>>
>>63008432
wooooah Penny Lane is great but Strawberry Fields made Brian Wilson shit blood when he heard it
>>
The MONO version of Getting Better!
>>
Honestly the first time i heard the medley and it ended with "and in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make" it fucking blew me away.
>>
>>63008128
elenor rigby
>>
>>63008154
speaking from a harmonic perspective, penny lane is genius. strawberry is also great but because its execution is top notch, the production on it literally makes the track.

strawberry fields is literally kanye while penny lane is dre.
>>
In My Life

close runners up:
-Hey Jude
-All I gotta do
-Strawberry fields
>>
>>63011525
Zoot's version is 100x better. have any of you heard it before?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iptr7i7sFkM
>>
>>63012000
>And these memories lose their meaning
>When I think of love as something new

That line still gets to me.
>>
>>63010939
Seconded.

>Built around a heavy minor key riff
>Minimal lyrics
>Hypnotizing repetition of main riff for minutes at a time

The Beatles unintentionally founded doom metal
>>
>>63012016
I feel like its one of their most underrated songs. Would that be true? I know music is subjective but its definitely my favourite song by the Beatles.
>>
>>63012022
Also that Moog synthesizer that George Harrison was playing around with at the time added some weird harsh noise especially near the end. It makes the song even heavier. It wasn't even supposed to be in the song originally.
>>
>>63012064
>I feel like its one of their most underrated songs. Would that be true?
Not really, it's usually considered one of their absolute best from their middle period. You're definitely right that it's a great song though.
>>
>>63012089
I love early Moog sounds and experimentation like that.
>>
>I'd rather see you dead little girl than to see you with another man

What did he mean by this?
>>
Yesterday
>>
>>63010166
>one of the worst albums from them, sorry haters
i hate this meme opinion
>>
>>63012000
My fuckin nigga
>>
The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.